Events for 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Events for 2011

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Since I'm way ahead of myself (at least as far as planning which con's I'll be running games), I thought I'd put this up so it's in multiple places

I'll be running the first two adventures of the Heroes of Altamira (The Road to Altamira and Fear and Surprise) at the following conventions next year.

Total Confusion (http://www.totalcon.com)
Where:
The Holiday Inn
31 Hampshire Street
Mansfield, MA 02048
Ph# (508)339-2200
When:
February 24-27, 2011

Origins (http://www.originsgames.com)
Where:
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, Ohio, 43215
When:
June 22-26, 2011

GenCon (http://www.gencon.com)
Where:
Indiana Convention Center
Indianapolis, Indiana, 46225
When:
August 4-7, 2011

When I have more detailed information (like days/times/and table locations) I'll post 'em up.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Events for 2011

Postby cpugs » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:05 pm

I am going to have to try and make it to Total Confusion this year.
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:16 am

cpugs wrote:I am going to have to try and make it to Total Confusion this year.

Unofficially, I signed up my events for Thur, Fri, and Sat @ 7-11pm. I always get them in WAY early so I haven't ever been bumped out of position, but just in case...

The order of events should be:
HoA Episode 01: The Road to Altamira (Thurs and Sat)
HoA Episode 02: Fear and Surprise (Fri)

I sure hope you can make it.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Mark:

It would seem that your site has inspired the regular GM of one of my local groups.

He has written and run a 7th Sea adventure at GallowsCon for the last several years, and is interested in doing the same with Heroes of Altamira. http://www.GallowsCon.com

That probably means that I'll have to volunteer to do the same at a Con or two in the midwest...
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:Mark:

It would seem that your site has inspired the regular GM of one of my local groups.

He has written and run a 7th Sea adventure at GallowsCon for the last several years, and is interested in doing the same with Heroes of Altamira. http://www.GallowsCon.com

That probably means that I'll have to volunteer to do the same at a Con or two in the midwest...

Really? Wow.
Well point him this way and have him sign up.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Poxo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 pm

What no OGC? Otherwise I will only have a chance to be in 1 game this year :(
Poxo

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 pm

HEYA Poxo!

Yea there may be a bit of OGC, but I can't officially announce it cause if the wifey finds out I've scheduled myself for 4 cons I could be in trouble.

IF however, I ask to go up for the day...

So, I'll let you know when we get closer to OGC

Oh and Welcome to The Guild!

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Because it is never too early to plan to be people that you love, the following link is for early bird registration ($55) for Origins 11:

http://originsgamefair.com/LinkClick.as ... tabid=2938

Counting down the days....
cpugs

Postby Pirated » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Have you heard of InConJunction in Indiana? It's usually right around the Fourth of July weekend. It's more of a general geekery convention than a role-playing one, but there are role-playing events there. I don't know how much of a haul GenCon is for you, though.
Pirated

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm just outside of Boston, Ma. That's why Total Confusion is on the list. It's about 15 minutes from my house.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby BLAMM! » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:44 pm

I just signed up for the Thurs and Fri games at TotalCon. When I saw you were PREMIERING a new LIVING 7th Sea game, I had to jump on it. Time to dig into all the books Lisa left at my house and resurrect a character. See you there!
BLAMM!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:05 pm

And bonus, Don will be at (at least) Thursday's game. This is gonna be great!

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Just added a new convention for this year...

OGC - Open Gaming Convention (http://www.ogc-con.com/)
Where:
Courtyard by Marriot
2200 Southwood Drive
Nashua, NH 03063
PH# (603) 880-9100
When:
August 19-21, 2011

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby BLAMM! » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 am

Any hope of part 3 being ready or will you just be running parts 1 and 2 again? This isn't a nudge. I know how much work writing these things is. I'm just wondering what there might be to look forward to.

I'll also be pushing to make sure Lisa takes some time out to sit down at your table. :)
BLAMM!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Actually Episode 3 Gentleman's Wager is already finished and written (it was initially Episode 2 but we decided it's tone and outcome should be reserved for players dedicated to the campaign). Episode 4 A Small Favor is fully outlined (if it needed to be run, I could do it easily from my notes but others might have some problems running it as is).

But to keep everything even, my plan is just the first two (character generation) adventures for this year. That's not to say if there aren't a few empty tables you can't just drop in and play again. Chances are we'll be playing scenes I eliminated from your go-round. You might catch some more details you missed the first time.

Yea, I'm hoping I can get both Lisa and Kelly interested in this campaign. I know how much they love the game but they never seem to have time to play at OGC...

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:41 pm

May have hit a little snafu on the OGC front. We'll see, working on it. Just didn't want anyone signing up for games that might not go off. I'll let you know more when I do.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:May have hit a little snafu on the OGC front. We'll see, working on it. Just didn't want anyone signing up for games that might not go off. I'll let you know more when I do.

Mark

UPDATE: Her Magesty finalized plans to visit with her father (up in Maine) and we'll be returning either Fri 19th or Sat 20th. In either case I'll be able to make it (either driving back up if we come back on Fri, or simply dropping me off on the way home if we come back Sat) so I WILL be able to make OGC. Go, Sign Up, Get Ready to PLAY!

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 pm

On a completely different front, Origins is only 80 days away. I've sent in all my events (have not heard back yet) Here, however, is the tenative schedule:

Wed, June 22, 2011:
Heroes of Altamira Episode 1: The Road to Altamira (1pm)
Heroes of Altamira Episode 2: Fear and Surprise (5pm)

Thur, June 23, 2011:
Heroes of Altamira Episode 1: The Road to Altamira (9am)
Heroes of Altamira Episode 2: Fear and Surprise (1pm)

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 pm

And there is a reason you scheduled all these events for before I arrive?

The last event at 1pm thursday is possible if I get an early start.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:11 am

salamanca wrote:And there is a reason you scheduled all these events for before I arrive?

The last event at 1pm thursday is possible if I get an early start.

Sorry Sal. Actually I did have a plan. That was, the CV folks (and folks who play regularly) are not about to give up CV to come play my game. But they ARE, im sure, willing to check out a new game that doesn't interfere. And the CV folks don't really start stuff until Thurs, and that's really their day to run the character generation games. So I thought I could get the jump on them, so to speak, with the gap in their schedule. I've no doubt Im gonna have to go head to head with them for players, I just don't want to doom me so early.

Mark

Becides, I need you fresh for the "Mess with the new adventure" test run for 04: A Small Favor

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Speaking of all things Origins, 64 days until I see all of you :D
Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Yes, but thanks to the super secret webcam we had installed it is much sooner for us to see you.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Now some news from an ORGANIZED Con, GenCon has their preliminary events list up (and two days before they said they would). HoA is there and representing. Here's the link if you want to check it out yourself http://community.gencon.com/files/24/default.aspx

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Yeah. And good luck on getting through!

edit: got through at 2:55 AM
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:30 pm

I glanced through the GenCon events and didn't see anything Crimsom Valor. I'll email Frank/Kristin and ask what's up.
Sister Sonya

Next

Return to Events