Con on the Cob 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Con on the Cob 2012

Postby salamanca » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:48 am

We have just ovet a week to go and the.last of my prep will be done today and in the trunk waiting to be used. All I know is that judging the other submissions for events, a lot of people will be having less fun than we will.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Friday & Saturday -- 7th Sea time!

(YES, I'm still working on the background...)
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Just one final reminder, Con on the Cob begins one week from today! (Course, HoA doesn't begin until Friday next week, but I know you're gonna want to be there early to make sure you don't miss a thing!)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:34 pm

*rubs hands*

Soon...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:33 am

I should be onsite by 2 pm. If anybody is there before that, make sure you find my friend Steve Tinner and ask him when the talented GM is showing up. His ego could use a trim. I reckon it's about what the kids are calling "go time". (obviously, I am a bit psyched as I am posting since I can't sleep)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Dave should just about be there. Have fun everyone. Wish I was going!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Hope you all have fun. Would love to be there too!
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Leaving in a few...if we don't come back in 24 hours, call the Heirophant.

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:39 am

We all agreed to skip the games, grab a pizza and I told them what happened and handed out xp. Kidding!. Good game today. Three more tomorrow and I bought a new lovecraftian monster game, a copy of pirates and plunder (from yaquinto 1982) and dead mafia card game. Considering a set of conquistador helmet cufflinks or some 14mm hematite d10s.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:31 am

Any game where I don't shank a player (so far) is a good game. :twisted:

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:01 pm

She means that. Not character.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:08 am

Ugh...Valkyrie Ninja needs sleep badly. No player was shanked...barely.

Also, I can neither confirm nor deny that ne'er-do-wells lost their pants after facing Annie.

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Well we got it in and I had fun. We got Grace and Crimsonjoe into games at long last (with incentives to hit origins next year) and 7 new players on top of that. Thanks to Mike and Katie for the whole weekend. Thanks to Kali for signing up early so I had hope of other players. Thanks to Jeff, Ian and Colin for giving us a chance and giving some personality to some of my favorite templates. Thanks to Cory for gunning through all 4 sessions after only signing on for part 1. That sort of return for play is most encouraging. Thanks to Adam for opening some new potentials in the campaign and giving me a great character to interact with in character. I want to thank my friend Ron for spending the entire con playing shadowrun instead of joining us. Most important:. Thank you, Sonje for joining in. For everybody else, Sonje played in a game I ran at Marmdog something like 8 years ago. She and her guy came over from Maryland with their 13 week-old. Best surprise of the year. To the regulars...i missed you all. Unless life issues crop up, I think con on the cob 2013 will be on the playlist. (ancon, in may might be good for a late,late show adventure too pending life schedules).
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm

I really hope Adam (and his unabashed greed) makes a return...we've been saying "Wait! My finely-tuned Corrupt Business Man Senses are tingling!" all day today. :twisted:

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Where as I keep talking about sending folks to live on a nice farm with the other customs officials where they have room to play in the fields.
salamanca

Previous

Return to Events