Con on the Cob 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Con on the Cob 2012

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm adding another convention for you all to drop by and play Heroes of Altamira. CON ON THE COB is running October 11 - 14 in Hudson, Ohio at the Clarion Inn. Mark will not be attending, it's just me. I will be running all 4 current adventures (once each) and if demand requires it, a Domingo Gigante session for those that we run out of room for. Episode 1 is scheduled for Friday the 12th at 7pm. Episodes 2, 3, and 4 will run Saturday at 9am, 2pm, and 7pm respectively. Before Mike asks: THERE WILL BE NO PERSONAL AGENDA SESSION AT THIS CONVENTION. I'll post links when I get on an actual computer instead of the phone.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: Con on the Cob

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Woo-hoo! This means I can procrastinate on posting the specifics of my background a little bit longer! :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:19 pm

salamanca wrote:I'll post links when I get on an actual computer instead of the phone.

Or you could just look at the Conventions page (where I just updated it will all the contact info).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:15 am

salamanca wrote: Before Mike asks: THERE WILL BE NO PERSONAL AGENDA SESSION AT THIS CONVENTION. I'll post links when I get on an actual computer instead of the phone.

AWww...!

Hmmm. Hudson, OH? Aha! There it is! I could get in my car, be there, and get home in a jiffy!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 am

Sister Sonya wrote:Hmmm. Hudson, OH? Aha! There it is! I could get in my car, be there, and get home in a jiffy!

Haven't you already played 1-4?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:35 am

He has. For those wanting clear directions, the easy access is Route 271 to the Route 8 exit. (head toward Akron) the hotel is on the right at the exit a mile from the interchange. For those wondering about food: there is NO onsite eateries. The hotel will likely offer a chance to buy a hot dog, basic burger or premade sub for the lunch and early dinner hours (maybe noon to 5 or 6) but other than that, you will need to drive back to just past the interchange to find food, so schedule accordingly. The hotel does offer some sort of rate if you want to stay on site. Dealer room is small but has several locals with an interesting variety of new and old stuff. And Bob "the diceman" Kindle will be there if you need some polyhedrals.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:23 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Haven't you already played 1-4?

I have... But if there were a PA, it's not too far away!
Sister Sonya

Re: Con on the Cob 2012

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:52 pm

The events are up on the registration site. You can easily find them simply by narrowing the search to 7th sea under system. We are the only 7th sea game at the con. Since I asked for no reimbursement, the events are at the minimum cost of a dollar each. (you get to try and make my head swim for the cost of 25 cents per hour...i never worked so cheap). If you have signed up, let me know so I can check and see if their event recognition system is working in terms of tickets sold and such.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Looks like it. Both CJ & I have signed up for all 4 events.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Guess I gotta show up now. Might as well pack the ol' "A" game too.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:36 am

I was looking through the CotC events listing and since I was there, I figured I'd just post the listings here.

Episode 1 - The Road to Altamira (Fri, Oct 12 7-11pm)
Episode 2 - Fear and Surprise (Sat, Oct 13 9-1pm)
Episode 3 - Gentleman's Wager (Sat, Oct 13 2-6pm)
Episode 4 - A Small Favor (Sat, Oct 13 7-11pm)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:47 pm

And those that have played in my stuff before know that the longer you keep me at the table, the more immersed I get. Session 1 will be good because I know it well, session two will be good because i'm fresh. Session 3 will be great because I have 4 hours of warm up play. Session 4 will be the best session I run this year due to immersion, working with multiple characters in previous sessions and the fact that I am more fun when I get tired.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:40 pm

1 Month to go! I wish I was going.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:58 pm

If you really want to go, you can run the events and I will stay home and work. But don't expect me to smooth that over with your wife.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Somebody better be there to run those events! :evil:

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:02 pm

And we all know it's gonna have to be Dave. Don't think I haven't noticed that you two haven't come back to Origins since after the first time you met me. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Heh. We're hoping to make it for 2013 (knocks on wood).

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:51 pm

well, the mall job boss called yesterday6 and for reasons unknown, we are starting up the week before con on the cob. Which means I am working friday. I flat told him on the phone I was contracted for something else and he could clear me or he could try and find somebody to put up with him. there was lots of stammmering going on.

Either way, I'll be there before the event starts at 7.

If anybody else is browsing this and trying to decide if they should join us, just sign up. I assure you it's going to be a fun set of sessions. I'm of a mind for hijinks and epic moments.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Why do I get the feeling that a certain boss will be making repeated appearances throughout the adventures (and will be horribly killed/mutilated/humiliated in every episode).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:23 pm

no, no no. he has a spot in town. Ask anybody that played the origins PA adventure session.

he has no listed appearances in the 4 sessions and a week in is hardly enough for him to make me need to inflict that much harm.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:40 am

salamanca wrote:no, no no. he has a spot in town. Ask anybody that played the origins PA adventure session.

he has no listed appearances in the 4 sessions and a week in is hardly enough for him to make me need to inflict that much harm.

So, you've forgiven him for the past dozen or so years?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Only after the check clears.
salamanca

Postby smafdi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Yea, he owns a shop where we got a very fine cloak...... and "wagon"
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:50 am

Two and a half weeks (really 19 days) to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 am

A week from tomorrow, Con on the Cob BEGINS!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events