How to get an event setup?

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

How to get an event setup?

Postby godmoney » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:24 pm

me and mine have started up with 7th sea again after a couple years off (babies do that). surfing around to see what was out there for it now a days... i came across GoSM...
i was wondering what would need to be done to possibly get the adventures to run them for my group, since i live in KS and wont be making it to anything out east or even gencon anytime soon.
thanks
semper ubi sub ubi
godmoney

Re: How to get an event setup?

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Well, ultimately the plan is to have some of the folks who come to the cons start taking the adventures out into the universe to run them at cons of their own. Unfortunately, we don't have enough GMs to send em everywhere. As it stands there's Me and... well there's me. So I guess if you wanna pay to get me out there...

But seriously, this campaign isn't really the kind of thing where you could do it as a weekly adventure. Not that they are the wrong kind of adventures but because this campaign is simply too new. I've only run the first two adventures (out of the total of 30 that will be the whole storyarc). So I guess what I'm saying is, A) you have some time, if you can't come to any of the big cons for a while no worries. Heck if you waited 5 years to go the first time, there'd still only be 10 episodes to play. and B) If you can't make it, get one of your friends to come and we can discuss having you run things more locally.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote: Unfortunately, we don't have enough GMs to send em everywhere. As it stands there's Me and... well there's me.

Well, there are some of us in the wings who likely will jump in at some point in time and write and/or GM as well Altamira offers a wealth of opportunities for adventuring, and It is my belief that Mark cannot cover them all.

However, I believe Mark wants to see how the whole works for a time before anything gets expanded.
Sister Sonya

Postby godmoney » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 pm

yeah i wasnt really looking for a "weekly" adventure scenerio... but i would like to be involved in the world. i really enjoy playing in living campaigns (heroes of rokugan, dnd, shadowrun, etc...). i was also thinking of running them at local cons here to expand beyond dnd.
semper ubi sub ubi
godmoney

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm

godmoney wrote:yeah i wasnt really looking for a "weekly" adventure scenerio... but i would like to be involved in the world. i really enjoy playing in living campaigns (heroes of rokugan, dnd, shadowrun, etc...). i was also thinking of running them at local cons here to expand beyond dnd.

Well then, by all means show up at one of the cons when you can 8-) . We'll be waiting.

Mark

PS I understand the 'kiddos' problem interfering with gaming (I have three of my own).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Events