Countdown to Origins 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2013

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 20, 2013 4:20 pm

All the new games have sold out (with our usual caveat that we'll two extra seats per event) and there's always the PA (which is always new) CV is not running at Origins this year (they will be at GenCon though) so it's all us ;)

And if you're desperate for 7th Sea, there's always Matinee Adventures, they run some great games
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon May 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Steve, I am down for anything you want to play if you can find me time to play it. I should be free from whenever I arrive wed. Until 12:35 pm, from 5-7 and after 11pm on wed. Before 9 am on thurs,. Before 9am, and between 5-7 friday. And after 2 on sunday. I got a little window saturday from 8-10 saturday night.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby smafdi » Tue May 21, 2013 9:06 am

Wed is pretty easy, I usually spend the first part of that day checking out the origins awards games. i'll look at what i've got game wise that's easily portable. If you haven't played Sentinels of the Multiverse yet it's a pretty fun co-op superhero card game. I still haven't picked up Good Help yet lol. Where I usually order stuff outside of my flgs doesn't carry it, maybe i find it for a good price in the dealers room i'll pick it up.

Depending on free time also I'd love to play bsg with as much of the crew as possible, maybe after domingo gigante on sunday, of course that's based on when everyone is planning on leaving.
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 22, 2013 6:46 pm

In JUST three weeks, I'll be getting settled in for my first Origins run of Episode 5 - Evil Intent!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm

And by the left over tickets, it looks like a certain Vodacce (semi) reformed villain could be tempted out of hiding...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Well, maybe for episode 4. Something I owe you for in that one. And just to be official on this:. Ooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiigggiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu May 23, 2013 6:04 am

Seventeen more days til my vacation starts (June 9th)! Nineteen more days til Mark and I pack up his van and head out.
Dave, hope you've got having breakfast with Mark and I on your list of things to do, at our regular place in the Hyatt.
Can't wait!
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 23, 2013 1:28 pm

salamanca wrote:Well, maybe for episode 4. Something I owe you for in that one.

Oh now I'm gonna have to re-read it and figure out what awful joke I'm getting paid back for ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Just think about it for a minute. It will hit you when you least expect it. And I am totally booked for breakfasts this year already. (and likely eating "lunch" in the form of between game snacks.). One of these years I need to find out if I truly can survive on just gaming adrenalin for 5 days.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Fri May 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I might be a little eager to play a game or two...
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Fri May 24, 2013 8:02 pm

five more minutes
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Fri May 24, 2013 8:07 pm

So are we there now?
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 24, 2013 8:11 pm

So help me god I will TURN THIS WEBSITE AROUND!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 24, 2013 8:44 pm

One week since the last time I mentioned we didn't have locations and, SURPRISE OF SURPRISES, we still don't...

Maybe I should look at upgrading my hotel room so we can go to the hoity toity guests lounge at the top of the hotel to play games (I swear I'm asking for my money back from Origins then...)

Anyway, I posted on the only place there's even the possibility of getting an answer (which I admit is a VERY slim chance) their FB page. We'll see if that gets any movement.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri May 24, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm guestimating (and hoping) we are in our regular hallway near the escalator, and not down near the dealers room, like CV is/was, in that refridgerated room. I really don't want to irritate my ankle too much, and I'm older than you kids, so I don't have the stamina I used to have gallavanting from one end of the place to the other. :P
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 24, 2013 11:24 pm

salamanca wrote:Just think about it for a minute. It will hit you when you least expect it.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the name of the young man at the warehouse.

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Dave, hope you've got having breakfast with Mark and I on your list of things to do, at our regular place in the Hyatt.

Oh so now I have to share our special time?!?!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat May 25, 2013 12:00 am

Like the 45 hours of gaming isn't special enough. Ok, my guess on the room thing... Major events like larps need a room apiece, so those are designated when they get listed. Wargames are all in the minis room so they get listed as "hall D" but have no table designations as yet. (same for board and card games). Groups running numerous events at the same time are placed into locations (clubs and company sponsored stuff) so all the Catalyst stuff like shadowrun as well as the club stuff like Matinee Adventures and GB7 have been assigned rooms. Since we are a small (relatively) campaign that only uses 1-2 tables, we are in the general pool waiting to get sorted. I figure there is a 60% chance it's done but not worth the bother of upgrading the list for. They will post it onsite and list it on the tickets. (but it would be nice to know). I would email Joby and ask.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat May 25, 2013 5:44 am

You get extra special time riding with me in the car, to and from Origins. I was figuring breakfast would be a time we could group and plan each day as best as possible, or chat about how the sessions the day before went. But Dave's too busy it seems, so you'll still have plenty of special time... to hear me gripe. :lol:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 25, 2013 10:16 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote: you'll still have plenty of special time... to hear me gripe. :lol:

My driving's not THAT bad...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat May 25, 2013 3:29 pm

I wasn't talking about your driving, or rather not griping about it. But don't worry, I can gripe about it if you want me too, all the way there and back. :P Oh, and on the Gen Con ride too if you want. ;)
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sat May 25, 2013 5:29 pm

It's the Duran Duran cd you insist on playing for the whole trip.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat May 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Nope, not Duran Duran, Chris Daughtery. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Now I would play Duran Duran for the whole trip but I don't have a clue who Chris Daughtry is (though I'm guessing he or she is some kind of country 'music' singer.)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat May 25, 2013 10:40 pm

You know I don't do Country Music, since I had tons of that thrown in my face growing up. He sings rock and roll. He is one of the old contestants to American Idol. Came in like 3rd place or something (never saw the show, but heard about it), and he's quite good, and got himself noticed by those who make records, and now he does.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun May 26, 2013 1:04 am

In one of those rare years I did not drive, our chauffeur opted to play podcasts about warmachine for the entire trip... Another reason I prefer to drive myself. I am thinking scottish prog rock for this year.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Events