Countdown to Origins 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2013

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Just over 60 days left!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Can we sign up for games yet?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm

nope, and I still haven't received the code for Dave and My free GM Badges...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:06 pm

yep, which means your GM of choice (me) will be showing up and running events without one if they don't get their ass in gear. and as I have no time to play events this year, just run them, they can rot if they think I will be paying for doing their entertaining.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:36 am

Just over 50 Days! (guess I need to get my butt in gear and finish up Episode 8)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Not 1 but 2 COUNT EM 2 bits of news on the Origins front!

1) In exactly 7 weeks from today Laura and I will have arrived in Columbus, gotten our rooms and be ready to breath in the excitement of our first walk through the halls! (or maybe we'll get something to eat and crash early, whichever)

2) According to OFFICIAL SOURCES (Joby Miller no less) the GM badges are being worked on at this very moment and should be available sometime this week!!!

Still no word on event lists, event registration, or any of the other, literally 100 questions posted on the Origins FB page.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:20 pm

and in 6 and a half weeks maybe they will have registration functioning.

some year they will figure this out in advance. and I will have nobody to blame but myself for not being registered yet.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 am

salamanca wrote:some year they will figure this out in advance.

I'll believe it when I see it (HAH as if I'll ever see it...)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:09 pm

So, since we all seem to be real quiet as the countdown commences, lemme ask. Any (new, new to you, or old favorite) games you are looking forward to playing?

As for myself, it looks like I won't have any time to sit and play this year (Paradigm would like me to run a couple of slots of the Rotted Capes adventure I wrote)

So if I do managed to find a couple of free hours, it's gonna be filled with either nap, jawing with old friends (or new ones), walking the dealer floor or getting something to eat.

On the off chance I do decide to play, I'm looking forward to the idea of going in without any planning. I bought a bunch of generics (in case folks don't have generics when they sit down) and I'm certain I can just use a couple if I do want to play something.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:45 pm

I'm fully planning to run everything you didn't double schedule against so that's what...6 or 7 sessions. Plus megaparanoia (which I just drafted the plot for and it's something we have never done before). So that gives me time to play this obscure campaign for a game that is out of print called "heroes of altamira" and squeeze in a pair of invite only off the books 7th sea games and maybe a 2 hour session of aerodrome. But to be honest I have not even thought about playing anything. If I do get a chance, safe bet is it will be a matinee adventures sponsored event. Unless we all team up and troll my friend steve at a shadowrun adventures mission. (maybe all play ork deckers or troll riggers driving napa parts trucks).
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:08 pm

salamanca wrote:I'm fully planning to run everything you didn't double schedule against so that's what...6 or 7 sessions.

Well remember, we have Laura as backup. So I'm the only one that absolutely must run events. If you need a break she said she's willing to jump in.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm

And give up my reputation as a GM machine?. No way.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I think it would be fun to run a 7th Sea game where you and Mark both play for once. Though I know you both have the habit of playing "break the GM", as Mark does that to me all the time, so I don't know how far we would get, with you both trying. :roll:
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Rebecca Iavelli wrote: playing "break the GM", as Mark does that to me all the time

Now that's unfair. I've never purposely set out to destroy you, I just kind of go off on a tangent you weren't expecting. ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:45 pm

I never go off on tangents, I just pick the direction the game should have been going and follow that path.

but to quote Ferris Bueller, "You don't want that much heat."
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 am

No, probably couldn't handle the heat, not having that much experience, compaired to you two, lol, but it would be fun trying. Yeah Mark, you do tend to go on tangents all the time, I just haven't figured out how to herd you that well yet, I guess :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 pm

You get someone to distract him at the table by changing his phone and tablet passwords. Or blunt trauma to the head. Out cold, Mark is easy to run for. (explaining why I sit with my back to a wall).
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:01 pm

While those will work, You can just give me directives (I'm married, so I've been trained to follow simple directions as long as you use small words). But when you say, "what would you like to do?" You have only a limited amount of time for the other players to jump in before I will show you what I like to do.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 am

Back to the Origins front, here it is Sunday after Joby said the GM badges would be out "later this week." Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt and say Sunday is the last day of the week, he's still cutting it pretty close (not that I really believe he's working on the weekend. After all, it's just Origins, it's not like its anything important).

You know, I really gotta quit complaining about the same things every year as though this year is somehow different...

Now that gives me an idea.

April 2, 2012
Black Jack Rackham wrote:57 Days. We're under two months now!

Got the GM Badge compensation stuff so Dave and I can get our free badges. Now all that remains is the packing and drive (which btw we'll be having 3 this year. Got another one of our regular group who wants to try out Denny's Beer Barrel Pub Burgers).

Mark

I couldn't find a post about getting my GM badge for 2011. But if I recall correctly I bought a regular ticket and had them reimburse me later...

So, it looks like my comment is new, so there!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Last year I was the one with hassles. The system would not accept my password, failed to acknowledge my badge or my GM code, etc. I recall getting stuff cleared 2 days before they closed registration for events. But seriously, if I wanted to do so now, I could be fully registered and probably scheduled for con on the cob in october. This is the same system and location for 18 years now (or should be). And it never sucked until they went digital.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:47 pm

GM Compensation email just arrived. Not NEARLY as late as I expected it to be.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:GM Compensation email just arrived. Not NEARLY as late as I expected it to be.

I should have added, "Now we can start wondering about event lists/event registration..."

But we all know Origins Event Registration won't start until after GenCon's registration (that's May 19th)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:19 am

Well now I can eat my words. Event List is up on Origin's Event Page. Here's the direct link if you don't want to waste the time

http://www.originsgames.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=ubYEU0_Wt88%3d&tabid=2794

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:23 am

Oh should have added, here are HoA's events once again, this time with event numbers

Wed
Ep 1 - The Road to Altamira (1-5) 6020
Ep 5 - Evil Intent (7-11) 6076

Thurs
Ep 6 - The Balance of Profit (9-1) 6162
Ep 3 - Gentleman's Wager (1-5) 6201
PLAYTEST (either Ep 7 - Scientific Method or Ep 8 - Acts of Desperation)

Fri
Ep 4 - A Small Favor (9-1) 6427
Ep 5 - Evil Intent (9-1) 6432
Personal Agendas (two tables) (1-5) 6460, 6467

Sat
Ep 2 - Fear and Surprise (9-1) 6684
Ep 3 - Gentleman's Wager (9-1) 6691
Ep 4 - A Small Favor (1-5) 6725
Ep 6 - The Balance of Profit (1-5) 6730

Sun
DOMINGO GIGANTE! (10-2) 6886

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:18 pm

well, let me just make a list of interesting stuff as I pan down that list: no particular order:

sirai playtest thurs. 8pm 2142, fri 8pm 2244 Larpish thing from fiasco creator.

behind the mask & under the cape sat 2pm 2322 villains purging the ranks larp

Megaparanoia sat 11pm 2354 This one is all me and my evil henchmen. prepare to be silly.

Aerodrome various times all weekend WW1 biplane miniatures combat. most awesome

steampunk beatdown thur 9am 1109 steampunk minis run by good friends of mine. it should run a couple times.

ghostbusters 1107 thur 2 pm another of my same friend's great homebrew games. again running multiple times.

smurf apocalypse! 1229 thur 8pm same friends this time it's smurf minis and smurf zombies. yeah!

every freaking game from matinee adventures! they are all out awesome guys.

6086 big bang theory superhero approximation wed 7pm. RPing the cast as supers... intriguing.

6229 capt nemo and the city beneath the sea. thur 1 pm just looks interesting to me.

6203 cosmic patrol thur 1pm it's cosmic patrol. this is a really cool open end sandbox system of fun.

6572 sesame street the lost cthulhu episode fri 7pm. cthulhu and big bird? this will sell out fast.

6685 tunnels and trolls with Ken St. Andre. sat 9am. this will be awesome. Ken is amazing.

anything you can play with Akira Barnes or Jason Pisano from windmill games is a good call .

ok, my brain glazed over halfway through all the Justice League/avengers crossover adventures.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Events