Countdown to Origins 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2011

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks to some folks on Facebook I finally have access to a map of the Hyatt section of the con. So, for the visual learners amongst you, here's where we'll be. Delaware B-C (but apparently mislabled Deleware B-C). See you all soon!
Attachments
263644_10150332951423054_673093053_9039232_5433576_n.jpg
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Although now that I look at it, it appears Origins Volunteer Sign Ups is blocking my access to the Crowne Plaza skyway...

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:43 pm

That does look like a weird place to have a volunteer sign up, right by the bar? Then again, get them drunk and then have them sign up to do all kinds of things, lol.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby cpugs » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:45 pm

On Father's day, I took the girls to a local amusement park (Canobie Lake Park) and had my wife take a class yesterday for photography. Why you might ask would I give up Father's day weekend? Because I enjy time with my children, apperciate/love my wife, and will be spending 5 days with the best folks on the planet from Wednesday to Sunday. That will be my father''s day celebration.

I am packed and ready to go. I cannot wait to see all of you. I cannot believe how excited and looking forward to this an old guy could get, but I am....

I counting down the minutes, now....
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Where's the "Like" button for ^^ post?!?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:58 pm

For those not map skilled, we are right outside the "main" entrance for the big bar on 2. You can also access that from the main staircase which we are at the top of, the escalator from the food court (turn right at the top and walk toward the bar then pick a door on the right) from the convention hall, go up the escalator across the breezeway and straight until you find the food court escalator then turn right. There is also a backway in via service halls but they do not want any of us using those. Side note:. Expect Deb to drop in wednesday on arrival, I will as well on my way to grab my badge. Bonus note: I think spending a day with the kids at the amusement park is a pretty good father's day. I doubt 5 days around me will beat it and I doubt you want me calling you Dad.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:31 pm

I'd say that Romeo has "Area Knowledge" and "Street Navigation, Columbus Convention Center" down pat.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:27 am

Yeah, but they keep adding stuff and I didn't get time to prowl the addition last year so I got penalties on Batelle hall until thursday.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:49 am

-2K0 then.
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Well, just got to finish packing and wait for tomorrow morning, for Mark to pick me up, and I'm ready to go!

Can't wait to see you all!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
Klcp wrote:Yeah... -sigh- that's how it usually is with gaming cons...

Not what you'd call a "Target Rich Environment" I know. But you've never struck me as someone who has difficulty with a lack of "willing targets"

Mark

True...however...

salamanca wrote:You say keeper, I say "obsessive stalker" with abusive tendencies.

Yeah...pretty much. I've got one or two of those.

About the map...why do I remember the bathrooms being on the other Side of the hallway?
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Klcp wrote:True...

At least you're humble about it ;)
Klcp wrote:About the map...why do I remember the bathrooms being on the other Side of the hallway?

You're delusional? I mean we can all see you can't do a countdown correctly (I KEED!)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Nope, bathrooms have been there all along. Maybe your looking at the map wrong. If you go "Up" on the maps center isle, it will lead you eventually to the big stairs down to the area Origins works in. "Down" on the map leads you to the overhang of the food court. If you go down the "Right" hall it is the hall that leads to the rooms the CV games have been held in, most of the years, and if you go "Left" down the other hallway, you get to the second story bar, or you can take the skywalk over to the Crown Plaza hotel.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Maybe you were using the wrong room.
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Mark and Laura, safe drive starting tomorrow morning. Remember to pick up two 15 pound burgers to go. One to eat, and one for a spare tire...

Everyone else, safe journey. I jump on a plane at 6:30 Wednesday morning. I cannot wait to see you all. Be well, the best five days of the year are about to happen!!!!
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Charlie, I hope your flights and connections are all on time. Everybody else, I hope you don't see too much construction or traffic. With Mark on the road, I will keep checking in on last minute stuff here.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:56 am

A safe trip to all!
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 am

Please excuse some of the last bits of my teenage years:

OMG LIEK YAAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:30 am

So it's 4:28am in the morning, and I'm doing one last check in on the board. Everyone have a safe trip and I'll see you all hopefully in the next 24 to 48 hours!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Mark and Laura called me this afternoon ahead of their estimated schedule so they are currently settled in and ready to go. (oddly enough, they called right after passing my old house). I will be on the way mid-morning and should arrive about the time the first group has performed at least 2 daring rescues. (at least they should have done something heroic by then).
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 am

OOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIGGGGGGIIIIIINNNNNNSSSSSS!!!!!!
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:43 am

and here Sal said I was over-exuberant ;) Laura and I are indeed here. Trip was way easier than I expected. The hamburgers at the Beer Barrel Pub were worth the trip, and deer have to be the stupidest creatures on earth.

Mark

Oh ps, Laura's lying about the buggering...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 am

Jeremy is on the way here. Should be out the door in about 15 minutes. See you all in about 3 hours. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..................... I'm saving my volume for events.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:07 am

So, just got finished with all my run events. All four regular events had 6-8 players. Great groups, almost everyone who played in Ep 1 on the first day stayed for Ep 2. And those that didn't came back the next day. LOTS of laughs, and it would seem RoMAYo is now not only known throughout town but now we've discovered that his mother has put the fear of Theus into every shopkeep, innkeep, soldier, sailor, tinker, and spy in the city. No one, it seems, is willing to go against her and side with his schemes.

As for the playtest of Ep 4. I have no words save these, (NOTE this is what I actually wrote during playtest) "Curse playtesters to eternal damnation!"

It was awful, hysterical, and by far the best time I've had at the con. We spent 2-3 hours on one scene alone, a scene which we shall never give name to again...

The playtesters were really terrific. They found an obvious hole, exploited it and made me commit many acts of headdeskery.

It will be ready for those of you playing next year (hopefully without the 2-3 hour scene).

Leaving you now since you're mostly all here, and I've got games to play tomorrow!

Mark

PS as bad as I feel (not really) I feel more sorry for David Kenzer... crash and burn is never pretty

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Kara commandeering Mark's iPhone:

Wait, you mean the church...right? Or the building that exists.
:lol:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events