Countdown to Origins 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to Origins 2011

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Well this is the big one for most of the folks who play 7th Sea as most of us seem to go to Origins. By my latest calculations it's less than 65 days away. I've made some inquiries about where my events went to (and will let you all know when it's been resolved). But just for your information, here's the list of when the events will be running.

Wed, June 22, 2011:
Heroes of Altamira Episode 1: The Road to Altamira (1pm)
Heroes of Altamira Episode 2: Fear and Surprise (5pm)

Thur, June 23, 2011:
Heroes of Altamira Episode 1: The Road to Altamira (9am)
Heroes of Altamira Episode 2: Fear and Surprise (1pm)

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to Origins

Postby salamanca » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:34 pm

If you are still planning to run a playtest of an upcoming adventure for year 2 (or 3) it would be good to decide a day and time soon. That way those involved can plan around it.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:35 pm

This is my aside suggestion list for those looking for a little something extra to play. I base it on GMs I have gotten to play with the last handful of years and am not including the names of anybody we all know and love from the living campaigns.

Matinee Adventures is a group of local GMs that have yet to disappoint me. Ed Rollins is doing a handful of games and Jason Haskins is running 7th Sea. (both are right at the top of the RPG master list so they are easy to find). I have not played with Tom Prevendoski but have been at nearby tables and he seems solid as well.

Windmill Games has Akira Barnes, Brian Keller and Jason Pisano running their Dread horror games and their tri-stat anime elementary school campaign. These guys are very good at taking your actions and building the session around your choices as opposed to staying on the page as written. (and the anime game can get really crazy fun)

If anybody has an interest in biplane minis, the Aerodrome team is really, really great. Very polite and friendly game play.

well, that's who I saw on first read through. more might follow.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:30 am

salamanca wrote:If you are still planning to run a playtest of an upcoming adventure for year 2 (or 3) it would be good to decide a day and time soon. That way those involved can plan around it.

We actually playtested the first of the two releases for next year (Gentleman's Wager) so we only have to do one other, A Small Favor. Looking at my Running/Playing schedule here's my free time.
Thurs - Any time after 5pm
Fri - Early, any time before 2pm, or Late, any time after 11pm
Sat - Early, any time before 2pm, or Late, any time after 11pm
Sun - Early, any time before 2pm, or Late, any time after 6pm (if you're willing to stay that long)

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 am

And regarding others who run stuff around Origins, lemme recommend the You Too Can Cthulhu folks (running under Shoggoth.net at Origins). They put a terrific amount of work into their games (so much so they inspiried me to write an adventure for them).

I also want to toot the horn of Chtulhu Bob Lovely. I hear he is a staple at Origins but I just know him as the man who made me laugh constantly throughout a Call of Cthulhu game. Great GM, wonderful sense of humor. He's only running one game this year and I'm already scheduled to run one of my games so I won't be able to get in.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Well, I'm going to go the genetic ticket way again this year, so I'm very flexable on my schedual. Just find it so much easier and less stressful, and more of an aventure not knowing what game I might be interested in playing.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun May 01, 2011 2:29 pm

I really, really hope you mean a "generic" ticket. I would think a genetic ticket would be very expensive but would allow you and all decendants to play anything you wanted... For the rest of your life.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 01, 2011 8:16 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I gotta wonder though, do you get that for swimming too fast in the gene pool?

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 02, 2011 10:20 am

LOL, :oops:

I missed that 'mis-spelling', lol, but I guess since I play my "Genetic Horse Game" alot, I just get used of using the word "Genetic", instead of "generic", lol.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 07, 2011 8:13 am

Just a quick update 45 days till I see you all (44 till Laura and I leave for our stupendous 12 hour adventure)

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Since Kara was kind enough to let us all know the updated schedule for CV, I thought I'd repost it here for you all.

Klcp wrote:The schedule is as follows:

Thu
2-6 CV15
7-11 CV16
Fri
9-1 CV01
2-6 CV17
7-11 CVDD
Sat
9-1 CV01
2-6 CV17
7-11 CV18
Sun
9-1 CV18

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2011 4:25 pm

btw Kara, I was looking at my wish list for events at Origins, and I have that the Sat 2pm event is CV18 while Sunday has the other CV17 from 2-6. Were these changed?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Yep. That right there is the current schedule (it is unlikely to change but I can't promise that it won't).
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 10, 2011 5:48 pm

A bunch of changes were made.
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 pm

No kidding...
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue May 10, 2011 9:24 pm

So this brings up the other question: What night are you going to be able to run your "Test" game Mark, for your next Altamira. Looks like it's going to be a late nighter (again), no matter when.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Either a Late Nighter or an earlier in the day'er. Somewhere around here I posted my free schedule (not knowing, of course, which CV events I'll be running).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 9:28 pm

You're not running any. -shrug-
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2011 9:40 pm

huh, oh I guess that changed since the cutback of events...
Well if you find you have a bunch more showing up with generics for the basic games I can always run an extra group.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Yeah, I'll be sure to tell Kristin that. Since we basically have 2.5 GMs free during each slot, if there are several players that wish to play a particular module we'd be happy to run it.
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Origins announced Event Registration Opens on May 17th at Noon (not sure if that's eastern, but I'm guessing so, feel free to correct me if Colombus isn't on EST).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah it is. Nice! One problem: I don't get my badge until I get to the con.....so can I somehow reserve a seat in the Wednesday and Thursday morning games (invade I don't get there in time for the first one on Wednesday)? Please? :D
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Well, since you said "Please" (and since my games are still not on the schedule so it's unlikely they'll sell out) sure.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Yessssss!!!!! <3
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 15, 2011 12:25 am

The updated events list is up, Kara, you might want to let everyone know, the 17-18 switch? It hasn't been changed on the updated list.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events