Countdown to Origins 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2011

Postby salamanca » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:08 am

I checked the altamira map, that building is real. I don't think everyone is siding completely with Romeo's mother. Several people seem willing to cover for the lad. And the playtest wads not MY fault... Well at least not directly. As for Mr. Kenzer, it seems that we are destined to be rivals.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:42 pm

I have the shortest drive so I'm the first one home. (safe and sound). Thus ends Origins 2011, one of my all time favorite Origins of all time. I think Amanda will be returning as the ride home was full of questions about what other cons were available to attend. I ALSO EXPECT an influx of new faces from the events. Mark also fit in a third pickup session of adventure 1 that brought in 5 more players this morning. (pro tip: if you run a game until 4 am, 9 is a bad time to be awake for a game but worth it for the company). Hope you all are safe getting home.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:24 pm

I'm home, safe and sound. Mark's on his way to his home, probably there by now. Sorry if I seem a bit off at the moment, but I got home to find my cat dead.

I'm not going to blame the caretaker. I think she was upset I was gone for so long, and thought I had abandoned her, and I think she died of a broken heart.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Laura's on her way down here. We're gonna go bury the cat out on the back 40.
Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Oh my gosh.....
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby cpugs » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks all to one of the five best Origins ever! I had the a great time and hated to leave.

Thanks to Mark for running great events.

Thanks to Dave for being entertaining as hell and a great friend.

Thanks to Laura for sharing great times with insightfukl insight.

Thanks to Michael for keeping o focus and advancing the events.

Thanks to Kara for running and playing some great adventures.

Thanks to Deb for being there. It's been too long since we broke bread and shared some adventure. And thanks to Flyod for being there in spirit.

Finally, thanks to all of the new memebers of the family for joining us.

I cannot wait to see you all next year.
cpugs

Postby cpugs » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Laura, I am so very sorry.
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Laura, I'm really feeling bad about your cat but I'm pretty sure it didn't die from missing you for 5 days. Sometimes things just end up being over before we want them to be. The timing however totally bites. I think it's cool you can find a spot for the cat in Mark's back 20. (i was paying attention during that yard conversation, Mark)
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Laura - I am soooooo sorry to hear about your cat - you have my heartfelt sympathy! I'm sure it had nothing to do with the trip, it was simply her time to go (it's tough with our pets - we adopt them and have them for such a short time). She was lucky to have a "mom" that loved her.

Origins was a blast - thanks for a couple of great games, Mark! (And I can't wait for Caitlin and Caralyn to make an appearance at GenCon..) :twisted:

Charlie - it was great to hang out and play some games. Hopefully, next time, Floyd will be there in person, as well as in spirit.

Dave - many thanks for showing up Sunday morning, despite having run Mega Paranoia till the early hours of the morning. It had been waaaay too long since I'd had the opportunity to sit at the table with you.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 pm

I missed you too, Deb. All in all, I think those playing at GenCon have their work cut out for them keeping up with the creativity and play I saw in part 1 and 2 here. By the by, your ugly sister, Connor looks silly in that short dress.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Wait a minute, I'm having a Kara moment... Wasn't Deb playing Carolyn?. I can't tell those twins apart.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:03 am

...thanks Sal... --__--
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby JeffXandra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanks to Mark for his excellent hosting this past Thursday and Friday and to all the players, even the dirty lecherous, pedophilic, Castillians. :D

Now all Bron has to do is figure out what to do with his growing mask collection.
JeffXandra

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Glad you had fun Jeff. Next year maybe we can cross paths instead of playing everything separately.
salamanca

Previous

Return to Events