Countdown to Origins 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:17 pm

JeffXandra wrote:Right now I'm deciding between three different characters.

A Vestenmannavnjar Painter/Laerdom user who's been bundled off to San Marcos to try and raise funds and sympathy for their efforts by propaganda and patronage but is really being sent away because his father knows their way of life is dying.

A Castillian priest who is really a Montaigne agent/porte user

A Castillian swordsman/coward.

If you are a patient player and can be satisfied with having a weaker character in the early adventures, the Vesten is the option with the most creative possibilities for Role Playing. I play a Vesten with Laerdom and Halfdansson in the Crimson Valor campaign and advancement is very slow, but it's quite amusing.

The Castillian priest would be a special challenge for Sister Sonya, and presents its own kinds of Role Playing possibilities. In her backstory, she almost "died" after an encounter with a Montaigne howitzer shell.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:34 pm

There are tons of people that would schedule one session for a campaign. Some are opting to test the water before committing more time. Some have other events conflicting. Some may have obligations as volunteers for the other event times. I know I had some options and decisions this year from conflicts.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: Countdown to Origins 2011

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 pm

NOTE: Just edited the thread name so that next year we won't be reviving a long-dead thread...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Yeah, good plan. I'm on another site that revives a thread for the annual halloween party. To find the actual event date you need to start at the end and work backward or else you end up showing up at the wrong place on the wrong day. On a side note, this is our first thread to hit triple digits.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 pm

We still got over a week and a half, we can push it past 200 :D
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Here, I'll give it a little push.
Was happily reading this forum earlier, saw Sal on at the time, when darn freaking thunderstorm rolled over my area. Had to shut down the computer.
But, I will have to say, even with these storms so far, I've kept pretty calm and cool. This one I actually went and took a nap, since I couldn't do anything else.

Woot! I've got 5 working days left then I get my 2 week vacation. Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wensday, and Thursday, then freedom! I've got someone to watch my cat while I'm away too, so I don't have to worry about her. I am so psyched for this year. Can't wait to see everyone!
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Well thanks to this new fangled phone tech straight outta shadowrun, i'm in and out of here in mere moments. (just like a shadowy cloaked figure of random commentary). And then by the time you see me on, I am gone again, like gandalf.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:54 am

If the (just like a shadowy cloaked figure of random commentary), is who I think you are commenting about, his name begins with a "B", it seems very strange to mention him in the same sentence with Gandalf, lol. Two way opposite type of characters, but then again, who knows. Maybe B and G would be great friends should they ever be put into a story world together, lol.

Of course "Batgandalf" would be another way to mix and match them too, lol. One man, many personalities and abilities. :D
"Watch me pull the Batcopter out of my hat!."
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:39 am

Not even close. That character would have hidden his presence completely. And he never would make random commentary.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:06 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:I'm bringing my laptop, iPhone and iPad. The former and the latter both have all the adventures, character sheets, and PDFs of all the original books on them. The middle and the latter both have dice roller programs. The former has a specific to 7th Sea dice roller program.

I printed up all the cards yesterday (for both Origins and GenCon) and I'm bringing a flash drive too just in case.

Mark

I know this is kind of a late response.....but wouldn't it just have been easier to say "iPad" than "the latter". Just sayin', I mean it's less letters AND less syllables. -shrug- Way to be a fancy-talkin' writer Mark!:P
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Klcp » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:16 am

salamanca wrote:Well thanks to this new fangled phone tech straight outta shadowrun, i'm in and out of here in mere moments. (just like a shadowy cloaked figure of random commentary). And then by the time you see me on, I am gone again, like gandalf.

Actually, I've noticed that (On the times that I'm on basically the whole day, I mean. Not the times where I don't check the website at all for a whole week and then feel like I have a hundred posts that I want to respond to.) you will appear online for about 5 min (stalker page shows you online for five minutes after you leave or become inactive) but probably less, read something, respond, and then you're gone...it's interesting.

Oh, and I've decided not to consolidate my posts into a single one in an effort to further increase the post count.
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:58 am

Klcp wrote:Way to be a fancy-talkin' writer Mark!:P

Eschew Obfuscation

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:59 am

Mark, please chew your food with your mouth closed. What kind of example......
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:00 am

See, and I was just about to pontificate on the theory of excessive verbiage in terms of it's use in elocution and clarity. The simple fact of the matter is that once one has recieved a complete education, one has the means to convey ideas in highly complex and intricate combinations of dialogue. However, one rarely sees this put into action until a person has actually paid for said education and now seeks to use such highly complicated sentence structures to justify the ridiculous volume of financial expenditure. One will also find such commentary is often employed by those concerned about appearing undereducated by their peers in a ludicrous attempt at overcompensation. Back to the other off topic discussion... The other easy way to tell if I am posting via phone is if I fail to use paragraphs. For all it's tech, the nerd design team failed to include the ability to move down to a new line in the text box.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:03 am

salamanca wrote:See, and I was just about to pontificate on the theory of excessive verbiage in terms of it's use in elocution and clarity. The simple fact of the matter is that once one has recieved a complete education, one has the means to convey ideas in highly complex and intricate combinations of dialogue. However, one rarely sees this put into action until a person has actually paid for said education and now seeks to use such highly complicated sentence structures to justify the ridiculous volume of financial expenditure. One will also find such commentary is often employed by those concerned about appearing undereducated by their peers in a ludicrous attempt at overcompensation.

Indubitably

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:

Eschew Obfuscation

.......... -sigh- ..........what?
Physics major, remember...not English.....
Klcp

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:50 am

salamanca wrote:See, and I was just about to pontificate on the theory of excessive verbiage in terms of it's use in elocution and clarity. The simple fact of the matter is that once one has recieved a complete education, one has the means to convey ideas in highly complex and intricate combinations of dialogue. However, one rarely sees this put into action until a person has actually paid for said education and now seeks to use such highly complicated sentence structures to justify the ridiculous volume of financial expenditure. One will also find such commentary is often employed by those concerned about appearing undereducated by their peers in a ludicrous attempt at overcompensation.

Back to the other off topic discussion... The other easy way to tell if I am posting via phone is if I fail to use paragraphs. For all it's tech, the nerd design team failed to include the ability to move down to a new line in the text box.

See, Mark! I know what stuff means when there's context around it!
Klcp

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:50 am

(Oh, and sorry for the multiple posts) :P
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 am

Klcp wrote:
Black Jack Rackham wrote:

Eschew Obfuscation

.......... -sigh- ..........what?
Physics major, remember...not English.....

es·chew
Deliberately avoid using; abstain from

obfuscation:
bewilderment: confusion resulting from failure to understand

And I'm not an English major either, Psychology ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:57 am

Oh Sal,

Thanks for mentioning that 15lb burger place to Mark. He has now threatened me, twice at least, to drop me off there and keep on going on to Origins without me, lol.

At least I will not starve, but it would be an expensive taxi ride home.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:08 am

Klcp wrote:See, Mark! I know what stuff means when there's context around it!

"Brevity is the soul of wit" Lord Polonius - Hamlet

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 am

Klcp wrote:Physics major, remember.......

I must have missed that.

Physics? Good Luck. The introductory 12 semester hour sequence isn't bad, but just wait for the 300 level classes!
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Well the good news if you get left there is there may be a cash prize for finishing to cover that ride. But he would probably pick you up on the way back.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Funfact, My iPhone still has the events page up for Origins signups and just on a lark I decided to check to see how many tickets were left (there were 5 last I looked). Now there are just three and two of the events have sold out.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:13 pm

So where are the openings, so we may direct the unaware?
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Events