Countdown to Origins 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 30, 2011 7:46 am

I also think the reason Sunday games don't play as much, is that most are trying to get the last good deals in the dealers room, as the dealers are trying to get rid of stuff so they don't have to pack as much and carry when they leave. So Sunday is a good day for shopping.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby cpugs » Mon May 30, 2011 11:30 am

I try to get an early Sunday event (8ish) to free up by noon. My final walk through the dealers room, a lunch with friends, and then off to the airport.

This year it is a Hollow Earth event at 8 (a great system for conventions). We should all plan to get together for lunch.
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Mon May 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Lunch, agreed. Hollow earth at 8 after running megaparanoia until 3 am... I shall look into that
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 30, 2011 12:43 pm

I just have whichever time the last CV event is (either 9-1 or 2-6 depending on who's running it). Then I'm good and free. I wanna take a look at Fantasy Flight Games (if they are at Origins) because I've recently been intrigued by their BOARD game (hey, that's what they're calling it, who am I to argue?) Dust Tactics. Now if Kara would show herself and tell me which of those times I will actually be playing...

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Mon May 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Mark, the only posted CV event listed on Sunday is from 2-6pm.
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 30, 2011 4:09 pm

cpugs wrote:Mark, the only posted CV event listed on Sunday is from 2-6pm.

Yup, but Kara mentioned earlier that there was a new schedule so Kristin could go to a wedding shower. I didn't know if that was still on, or if they weren't planning on changing things, etc. I can make either time I just wanted to know when I should show up and when I might be able to hang out with you all.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue May 31, 2011 5:46 am

Just checked the Origins Clock Countdown. 21 days, 18 hours, and 13 minutes til it begins! :D
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Tue May 31, 2011 2:58 pm

And about 52 weeks until origins 2012. But early bird is not active yet.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:54 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
cpugs wrote:Mark, the only posted CV event listed on Sunday is from 2-6pm.

Yup, but Kara mentioned earlier that there was a new schedule so Kristin could go to a wedding shower. I didn't know if that was still on, or if they weren't planning on changing things, etc. I can make either time I just wanted to know when I should show up and when I might be able to hang out with you all.

Mark

You have my phone number, Mark. :roll:

lol Charlie's right though. The event on Sunday is from 2-6. The wedding shower is on Saturday. As it turns out, I'll be running the first half hour or so of CV 18 until Kristin can come back from that.

So, as I mentioned before, whatever the schedule is that is posted on the Origins website is the correct one. The only thing that may change around is who's running what module (but that's not listed anyway).
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 am

Alright so, if I am going to do anything with the group on Sunday it'll have to be earlier. Laura and I can pack the van the night before (or early Sun) then we're free until 2pm

Onto other news, 16 days 14 hours till Origins starts!

Mark

EDIT: Forgot to add, I did a quick check of the paperwork/stuff I need to bring to run the game, and it turns out, I have everything already printed out! Not only that, but GenCon stuff is done too.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:02 am

OMG I'M SO FRIGGIN' EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:25 pm

MARK, DID YOU REMEMBER YOUR DICE?. What about the cards?. I would forget the cards so I'm asking. I will flash drive everything just in case there is an accident on the way involving your cup for avoiding restroom stops.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm bringing my laptop, iPhone and iPad. The former and the latter both have all the adventures, character sheets, and PDFs of all the original books on them. The middle and the latter both have dice roller programs. The former has a specific to 7th Sea dice roller program.

I printed up all the cards yesterday (for both Origins and GenCon) and I'm bringing a flash drive too just in case.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Are you going to have character advancement sheets as CV does? Are they and the character sheets to be handed in after each adventure (or are you going to have a copy of all the character sheets, if only to judge how powerful the PCs are getting when the new stuff gets written)?

How are you awarding Deama Dice?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:Are you going to have character advancement sheets as CV does? Are they and the character sheets to be handed in after each adventure (or are you going to have a copy of all the character sheets, if only to judge how powerful the PCs are getting when the new stuff gets written)?

How are you awarding Deama Dice?

Yes but they'll be full page per adventure sheets (lots more info on them).
In addition, you can have the option of having another sheet that Sal made up which will help you with the various PCs/NPCs that you will meet (how much you liked/disliked them, what special interactions you had with them, who they're friends with, how you met them, etc.)

Nope, people will cheat if they are so inclined (even if I take the sheets back), and all of you are big boys and girls. So you can keep track of your own stuff without making me carry it back and forth across the country.
If you are worried that you will forget it, you can always update your character sheet right here on the website, allowing you to get your stats whenever and wherever you need them (that's gonna be my fallback for people who forget their characters, well that and maybe a beating).

I guess Deama should ask me herself :D
You'll get your usual DD which will turn into XP and I will give out more for heroic/humorous/creative actions. You can save up DD if you want but any you save can no longer be turned in for XP (regardless of where you got them).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 pm

oh and I reserve the right to throw all the above out the window at a moment's notice.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:[I guess Deama should ask me herself :D

Hey BJR:

How are you going to award my dice! :mrgreen:

Deama
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Which reminds me that I need to build myself a storage barn for drama dice. On an unrelated note, we should have met in columbus this past weekend. They hosted the national haunted house prop and costume convention.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 am

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Easy there big fella, don't go wasting all that energy early. You don't want to get to the con with nothing left in the tank except ennui.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:29 pm

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!

Better?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Are you taking lessons in calm reserve from Teddy Roosevelt?. He would approve of your "calmer" second post. I've been packed and ready since I got back last year (honest, the game stuff is all still in the same bag). So I can keep things in a normal font. Two weeks to go my good fellows (and ladies), whoo!
salamanca

Postby JeffXandra » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Wed 1pm Episode 1 - Sold Out
Wed 5pm Episode 2 - 2 Tickets left
Thurs 9am Episode 1 - 2 Tickets left
Thurs 1pm Episode 2 - 1 Ticket left

See my thinking was always start early in the early part of the con, later in the later part of the con. So am's and afternoons Wed and Thurs, late afternoon and evening Fri and Sat. Reserve Sunday for the suicidal and XP whores.

Mark

And I'm the odd man throwing off the figures for the Wednesday & Thursday numbers sigh...

Though I wonder who signed up for Ep 1 and didn't sign up for Part 2 at all. Origins has been duplicating registrations occasionally though so that may be it.

My friends and I are climbing out of bed in the Baltimore metro area at 0400 or so Wednesday morning. Hoping to scramble to Columbus in time to drop me in line for registration and make the session.

Right now I'm deciding between three different characters.

A Vestenmannavnjar Painter/Laerdom user who's been bundled off to San Marcos to try and raise funds and sympathy for their efforts by propaganda and patronage but is really being sent away because his father knows their way of life is dying.

A Castillian priest who is really a Montaigne agent/porte user

A Castillian swordsman/coward.

Obviously I've toyed with the first one a little more than the others.
JeffXandra

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Jeff, check your messages.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby JeffXandra » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Got it thanks. Apparently it doesn't like me responding yet because of my low post count. ;)
JeffXandra

PreviousNext

Return to Events