Countdown to Origins 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins

Postby Harliquinn » Sun May 22, 2011 12:15 am

Wonder if it's worth extra Drama Dice or XP if I offered a place to stay for the DM's :)
Harliquinn

Postby Klcp » Sun May 22, 2011 1:06 am

Hmmm...looks like Mark wasn't raptured. -shrug-
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 22, 2011 7:51 am

Well, you see, it happened this way. I was, naturally, first on the list. So He stops in and I'm all set to go, had everything packed, and had said goodbye to the wife and kids (you can imagine how horrible they all were). Just before He's going to take me, I ask Him if everybody from Origins will be there (because, of course, I'm still itching to play), and He says, "I don't know how to tell you this, but you're the only one on the list."
And I'm all like, "No way man."
And He's all like, "Yup, just you."
So I say, "Well I can't just play with you. You know how the adventures end. Heck, you know how the campaign ends."
And He's like, "Yup I sure do. And it's awesomesauce by the way."
(and here I'm thinking, did He just say "awesomesauce?")
"Well of course it is, I thought of it. But that still doesn't change anything. I still can't play with just you."
"Why not."
"You might cheat."
"You do know who I am, right?"
"So?"
"So I don't cheat."
"You might."
"I won't"
"Well, that still won't solve the problem of not having enough players."
"I can play multiple characters."
"Are you any good at that?"
"Hello? Omniscient."
"Fine, what'da wanna play?"
"I wanna be a Sofia's Daughters character with Scrying and a clockwork automaton as a sidekick."
And let's just say there was some cursing afterwards and then a little bit of taking the Lord's name in vein, followed by a lot more cursing. End result, I'm going to be staying here with you all for a little while more.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sun May 22, 2011 10:30 am

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Mark is one of my favorite people in the world.
Hahhahahahahahahahahahah!!!! That was great!!
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Sun May 22, 2011 10:58 am

See, and I just informed him I had a previous engagement in Columbus and any rapting would have to wait.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sun May 22, 2011 11:02 am

As for Mark's roadtrip route: can we tell Laura that the trip is stopping in clearfield at the beer barrel pub for 15 pound hamburgers and is not continuing until someone finishes.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 22, 2011 11:38 am

Dear God my arteries are hardening just reading that. Ok, you're on!

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun May 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Ok to the hamburgers, but no beer! :P

Of course, if they put beer in their burgers, then I will have to take control of the van, and Mark, you really don't want me to have that much control, lol. I might take a "short cut" by way of Thompson Ohio, lol.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Down to 28 days, 4 weeks exactly. Laura and I will be leaving Ma. early (5:30-6am). It's almost exactly 12 hours, but with breaks for gas, 15lb. hamburgers, and rest rooms (Laura has steadfastly refused the "Here, just hold the wheel while I pee into the waterbottle" plan), I'm figuring we should arrive at 8:30-10pm. I'm guessing that's after Origins closes the line to get badges, but my first game is at 1pm and I am running it so, if you're playing that game and I'm late, never fear, I just got caught up in the Badge line.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Laura should refuse that plan, your eyesight is abominable and that will hurt your aim. (and explains a ton about your couch)

And I think you will be fine for getting through the line by 1 unless you plan to sleep in until 12:30.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 24, 2011 5:03 pm

salamanca wrote:Laura should refuse that plan, your eyesight is abominable and that will hurt your aim. (and explains a ton about your couch)

I still maintain that it's the children.
Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue May 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Well, I don't know about his aim, but his original idea was to shoot it out the window, and personally I don't think that was a good idea, as either he would get it stuck in the window, or the people in the car behind us would be pissed (on and at) us. Then he came up with the bottle idea, but I still nay sayed it, as it is impossible for me to do either, and I have to stop, lol.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby cpugs » Tue May 24, 2011 7:42 pm

A fifteen pound hamburgershould be a take out that you can gnosh on during the drive. Don't forget the 6 pounds of french fries/onion rings as a side....
cpugs

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue May 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Yep, Mark will be Fred Flintstone, and I'll be Betty Ruble, lol. (Can't be Barney, wrong sex.)
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Tue May 24, 2011 8:17 pm

and you can't be wilma, Mark's wife will have issues with that.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Yea, and I've always had a thing for Wilma
Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Yeah, that's why I didn't say I was Wilma. Not a red-head anyway, Betty fits me best, lol.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby cpugs » Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 am

4 weeks and counting. Can't wait....
cpugs

Postby Harliquinn » Sun May 29, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm all ready!
Harliquinn

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 29, 2011 10:15 pm

I just happened to check the number of tickets sold for my games at Origins, and voila, only 5 tickets left. As long as everyone who has a ticket shows up, every game will get run! (Confidentially, I was a little worried about the Thurs Episode 1 session, only 2 tickets were sold until very recently).

I am way, way excited about this!

In case I haven't told some of you this. From tues on is my very favorite time of the year. Both the big cons still to go, hours and hours of playing with friends I haven't seen in a year, bs'ing, and all little things that you forget until you're there. And I still have all of it to look forward to.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun May 29, 2011 10:30 pm

See Mark, I told you not to worry, didn't I, lol. More than likely, all tables will sell out and people will be waiting on the sidelines hoping to play. Especially after the first day, when the players who played will be telling other friends about it. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun May 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Thursday morning... How many seats are left in that one?. I am curious as morning and gamer never seem to go well together yet all the GMs seem to want to schedule it.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 29, 2011 11:29 pm

Wed 1pm Episode 1 - Sold Out
Wed 5pm Episode 2 - 2 Tickets left
Thurs 9am Episode 1 - 2 Tickets left
Thurs 1pm Episode 2 - 1 Ticket left

See my thinking was always start early in the early part of the con, later in the later part of the con. So am's and afternoons Wed and Thurs, late afternoon and evening Fri and Sat. Reserve Sunday for the suicidal and XP whores.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Mon May 30, 2011 1:09 am

Good plan but...what was that about Sundays?
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Mon May 30, 2011 6:48 am

At least 60 percent of sunday events never actually get played. There tends to be 3 reasons for it. First, they don't sell well due to players knowing they will be leaving before the event ends. Second, player attrition and no shows due to having over extended themselves thursday though saturday and/or hangovers from saturday night. And sadly, GM no shows due to hangover and exhaustion. Since 1996, I think I have participated in 2 games on a sunday that actually took place and only one of those had full attendance.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Events