Countdown to Origins 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins

Postby salamanca » Sun May 15, 2011 8:38 am

Well without event numbers, we will all be needing generics or buying onsite for mark's events. Adding that most people still consider wed to be pregame time you should have little trouble getting in.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon May 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Origins schedule, as of 5 min. ago:

THU 7PM CV15 6274
FRI 9AM CV1 6370
FRI 9AM CV16 6371 (corrected)
FRI 2PM CV17 6469
FRI 7PM CVDD 6525
SAT 9AM CV1 6613
SAT 2PM CV18 6707
SUN 2PM CV17 6859

Nothing for THU 9AM, 2PM, SAT 7PM, SUN 9AM

Better recheck, as these seem to keep changing!
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Mon May 16, 2011 12:56 pm

-calling Kristin-

EDIT- okay, she's going to call John Minderman and get stuff sorted out. Sorry about this everyone!
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon May 16, 2011 1:17 pm

As of now, 6753 is back: SAT 7PM CV18
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Mon May 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Okay, so unfortunately, when we resubmitted our events (after the changes) Origins only cared about the events which we removed from the list and ignored the ones that were switched around (things got switched because of gamemaster availability during those times like how Kristin has to go to a wedding shower Saturday afternoon so I somehow have to run the beginning of the premier until she gets back...yaay.).

Anyway, point is: that, what Mike posted, is the correct schedule.

I'm so sorry for the confusion! Also, in Kristin's words:

Don't blame John Minderman because he was the one fighting FOR our events, blame Origins.
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon May 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:What night are you going to be able to run your "Test" game Mark, for your next Altamira. Looks like it's going to be a late nighter (again), no matter when.

If it's late, I'm almost sure to fall asleep. But if it's early, no guarantees!

As of now, I can make most any time. Anyone else have a preference?
Sister Sonya

Postby Harliquinn » Tue May 17, 2011 12:12 pm

I'm all officially registered now!
Harliquinn

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 17, 2011 12:31 pm

23 minutes for me.

There was a glitch at the very beginning, I thought the event was sold out and stayed on the clock for 10 minutes, I signed up for two others that I thought might sell out quickly, then went back- and there that first event was!

Not GenCon's system, but better than the last few years.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 12:36 pm

In and out in 9 minutes (which included a 4 min hang time waiting to pay for the events). VERY GOOD this year. Now I'm watching the HoA events to see how well they're selling (Not nearly as good as GC but its going down steadily)

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Tue May 17, 2011 2:49 pm

36 DAYS 'TILL ORIGINS!!!!!

Now I just have to make sure that I didn't piss them off too much..... :?
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 2:56 pm

For those still to register and pay via card, I almost overlooked the tiny box you must click to acknowledge your order amount. it will not process without it.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 17, 2011 3:00 pm

And there wasn't an error message either, was there?
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Nope, the system just sits there and expects you to realize you failed to click a box up above the scroll line of the page from the submit button. (it's right below the list of events and total)

Obviously, the Origins team realizes we are super intelligent and will notice such things without the insult of a prompt.
salamanca

Postby JeffXandra » Wed May 18, 2011 10:02 am

Hi, I stumbled across the descriptions in the Origins Guidebook and decided to sign up and give it a try. I've not really put a definite thumb to the character I'll play yet as I've a number ideas.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting in the Origins thread is I've got a commitment for Wednesday evening so I've signed up for Part 1 on Wednesday (if I can get out of bed and drive 8 hours to Columbus in-time) and Part 2 on Thursday. I hope this isn't a problem. :oops:

Anyone else signed up for the Wednesday (or Thursday) sessions? I'd love to know what they're playing as I tend to pick "missing" character types so that I can try different things. You don't really need to see my exiled Ussuran potential successor to the throne/woodsman/secret society member if someone's already playing something along those lines. :D
JeffXandra

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 18, 2011 10:20 am

Jeff, welcome to GoSM!

As for character types, I tend to write with the idea that any group of characters that shows up to the table ought to be able to complete the adventure. So in that respect, there isn't really a 'missing' type*. I might also add, you'll be playing the same character throughout the campaign so pick one that you like playing rather than one that 'fits' any particular group.

Mark

PS, when/if you get a character concept before Origins, put it up here on the boards, we'd love to see it.

* Its been my experience thus far (and keep in mind this should not be taken as a subtle hint to make this kind of character) that there've been very few mages of any sort. I think the closest we came was one poster asked if there was a reason there were no El Fuego templates. (there is, I didn't want new characters trying to deal with the challenges of being an El Fuego while in Castille).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby JeffXandra » Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks Mark!

It's not a matter of filling a role in the party as much as just being different. Two very similar characters will either build a great rivalry off each other or blend into one another and being different is just fun. Plus if I don't predispose myself then I can frequently find something new and interesting about the character I come up with. :geek:
JeffXandra

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Oh one more thing, I just re-read that and it sounds like I'm saying "no" to El Fuego mages. That isn't true, you're certainly welcome to play, but this is Castille and despite being in Altamira, the Inquisition is never far away (with all that entails)...

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Ussuran successor/woodsman/secret soc member... Did this guy get played in my old 7th sea larps?. That sounds insanely familiar. My advice is not to sweat filling the gap. Odds are good you will meet 5 characters session 1 and see 2 of them in the next day session 2 with 3 new faces. By next year you will probably know 2 to 4 people at each table. So the gap will keep changing. Play what interests you and is something you have not done before. (castillians seem a bit under represented)
salamanca

Postby JeffXandra » Wed May 18, 2011 3:24 pm

salamanca wrote:Ussuran successor/woodsman/secret soc member... Did this guy get played in my old 7th sea larps?.

See.. that's what I'm afraid of, cause that wasn't me.

I rely on input like this to filter my selections down because I can really run with just about anything. That's part of the fun in roleplaying, finding something new.

Hmm getting conflicting advice, low on Castillians or low on magic.
:ugeek: (Best I can do for a thinking emoticon)
JeffXandra

Postby salamanca » Wed May 18, 2011 5:48 pm

This is altamira, any mages are too many for me, which is why Mark is a better GM for this style of campaign, he likes sorcery. But as I said, play what you will enjoy. And that larp was a long time ago, but I have a great plot for that type of character. There are theories that nothing exists that has not been done. The trick is to do it in your own memorable way.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 21, 2011 8:10 am

Just thought I'd throw in a quick update. In precisely one month I will be in my car on my way to Origins.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat May 21, 2011 9:20 am

In one month I will not be in Mark's car.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 21, 2011 9:29 am

There's room if you need a ride.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat May 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Despite what some people may claim, my house is NOT on the way to Columbus from coastal New England states. And if anyone is concerned, in the event of Mark being "raptured" before the con, I do have copies of the events and will run them.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat May 21, 2011 11:54 pm

From Pennsylvania it aint (the way Mark has planned the route this year), lol, but backroads Route 20 it comes close enough to "detour", when they have you detouring anyway because of road work. :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

PreviousNext

Return to Events