NEED HELP WITH ORIGINS

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

NEED HELP WITH ORIGINS

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:02 am

I just got an email from the GB7 folks (who were SUPPOSED to put my events up at Origins). It turns out none of my events were ever put in the system. So for the PREMERE of HoA at Origins no one will even know of its existence until event registration opens at the con. That is, assuming they can get them all done by then.

So, please help spread the word, Heroes of Altamira will take place, the event times I've posted should be correct, I just won't be able to tell you where the events will take place.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mark
Last edited by Black Jack Rackham on Tue May 17, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Origins emergency is over. This can die now.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: NEED HELP WITH ORIGINS

Postby salamanca » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:05 pm

If you can get event numbers before that it may allow pre registration if the game is in the system. I understand with you doing games for both campaigns they probably needed them all submitted together to credit your badge but I never liked trusting my schedule to a large gaming group. Small gm teams seem to end up with better results even if they miss out on some perks. (and small teams get less massive rooms with better climate control). But again, if you get event numbers, post them.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Spoke with John Minderman (the PIC of event registration) and he informed me that he's got a call in to the Origins Event Registration person (can't think of his name off the winged mouse). I can say my events should be in the same room as the other Game Base 7 RPGs but no event numbers as of yet.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Harliquinn » Thu May 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Greetings. This is John from Facebook :)

*looking around* Wow, there are some big names in here, mostly from Revenant's by the looks of it. Going to be a bit intimidating now *grin*.

So are all the characters posted below for the Origins game? If so, I'm considering one of two characters, both I've created previously but never really got to play. One's Ussuran and one's Castillian. Oh well I have a good 30 days to decide!

John
Harliquinn

Postby salamanca » Fri May 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Well, I suppose that some if not most of those characters might arrive for the Origins game. A couple may have already appeared at that shindig that went on earlier this year and Romeo may not actually get involved in anything until next year pending schedule. but that's the fun of the living campaign, you never know who will be at the table for sure but after a couple of seasons there are great odds you have met a couple of the characters.
salamanca

Postby Harliquinn » Fri May 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Considering I've met most, if not all, of the players at some point, it should be interesting. I think I'm definitely going with Aleksei, my Ussuran. Should be fun!
Harliquinn

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 10, 2011 1:04 am

Mark! When did you run your playtest of #3? And without us!? :cry:

So, if one of us should have some free time and be at the CON and note that your early games need players, is there an incentive for us to jump in and provide the newbies an example of what to do (or what not to do, in Sister Sonya's case!)?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2011 12:17 pm

You playtested 3. It's called Gentleman's Wager, involves a bet between the two leading merchant families about the difference between Love and Fear? It was originally going to be the second character creation adventure, but based on your feedback I decided to run it after I got your buy-in to keep coming back.

Does "Having Fun" count? Well I guess if I were desperate to get a game started (because we simply had too few players to play without one additional) I might be persuaded to give a little bonus, but I don't want to make this a habit.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 10, 2011 3:18 pm

So, you are saying that #2 has not been playtested and we need to fight with the newbies for a slot? You are confusing me!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 pm

You've playtested 1 and 3. I wrote 2 after the feedback about Origins so I used some local help (read Laura and a couple of others) to playtest it. So no, you've not played through it, and yes go ahead and sign up for 2 at some point if you want to play through them all.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Harliquinn » Wed May 11, 2011 9:35 am

Sister Sonya wrote:So, you are saying that #2 has not been playtested and we need to fight with the newbies for a slot? You are confusing me!

I do not think that word means what you think it means :roll:
Harliquinn

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 11, 2011 9:46 am

Harliquinn wrote:I do not think that word means what you think it means :roll:

Newbies in an overall sense or to HoA, yes. Newbies to 7th Sea, no. :D
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Wed May 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Let me clarify. HoA adventure 1 you playtested as Sister Sonya. HoA adventure 2 was playtested in New England and Sonya has not played it. Adventure 3 was playtested at origins and Sonya did well while Mike took.a nap. (it used to be called 2).
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 11, 2011 6:34 pm

HoA #2:

ARGH! I don't think I can get to Columbus for 5PM Wed and have a conflict for 1PM Thursday. The first at GenCon is sold out, and I have a conflict for 2PM Friday! :evil: Boo! Hiss!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Progress on the Origins Front!

All my events have been accepted by Origins, just waiting to hear what the event numbers are. I'll post em everywhere when I get em.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 11, 2011 8:48 pm

And now mike is planning to play adventures 4 and 2 in 2012. Just as soon as mark figures out a shedule for them.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu May 12, 2011 12:14 am

Well, there is always that chance that Sonya can playtest 4 in Origins 2011- and Mike can sleep through it.
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Fri May 13, 2011 3:10 am

Sister Sonya wrote:Well, there is always that chance that Sonya can playtest 4 in Origins 2011- and Mike can sleep through it.

Hahahahah...not gonna lie, Mike: you crack me up in the middle of games sometimes. Especially when Heather and I mess with you and throw stuff at you and you don't wake up...... :P
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri May 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Kara, I keep telling myself that I'm going to get a good night's sleep before Cons, but it never works out that way.

So, you're snitching on Heather huh?
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri May 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Ok. I couldn't stand the uncertainty of waiting until 2012 to play #2, and then having it conflict with something else, so I wimped out and bought a ticket for the Friday 2PM game at GenCon.
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:Kara, I keep telling myself that I'm going to get a good night's sleep before Cons, but it never works out that way.

So, you're snitching on Heather huh?

Haha not exactly. She mostly just laughs while I mess around.
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 15, 2011 12:28 am

The updated events list for Origins is up and GUESS WHAT?!?! I have events and event numbers. Here they all are in case you might like to sign up!!!

Wed, June 22, 2011:
Heroes of Altamira Episode 1: The Road to Altamira (1pm) - 6868
Heroes of Altamira Episode 2: Fear and Surprise (5pm) - 6869

Thur, June 23, 2011:
Heroes of Altamira Episode 1: The Road to Altamira (9am) - 6870
Heroes of Altamira Episode 2: Fear and Surprise (1pm) - 6871

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 am

I probably should have added they're all in Delaware B-C

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Sun May 15, 2011 8:20 am

Origins registration starts the 17th at noon. What is better is that Mark's events have been added to the standard roleplaying excel sheet.
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Sun May 15, 2011 8:52 am

Delaware... That's my lucky room. Charlie and I first gamed together in delaware B. (the GM still wakes up laughing over that game I am told)
salamanca

Next

Return to Events