In your FACE nay-sayers!

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: In your FACE nay-sayers!

Postby salamanca » Wed May 25, 2011 12:35 pm

I've gone that route before. It's like playing a convention metagame.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Thu May 26, 2011 1:53 am

Point is, it sucks and I wish that I could at least find out what my badge number was ahead of time so I COULD prereg. So far, I haven't really had a problem (all the games I've wanted to play were either CV or something that hadn't been sold out yet) and I just bought the tickets on-site on Wednesday night or Thursday morning. However, it's looking like there will be more games that I will want to play that I will have to fight for seats in...
Maybe not this year, but I'm sure there will be next year.
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Thu May 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Badges with online registration should be via email with last name and a password to confirm. But they make it about impossible for the large club groups to use that system. (another reason your team needs to bolt). I would have offered to snare a seat or two for you but i'm still locked out.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Kara, I can grab a few more tickets you need em (and they don't conflict with the events I already have) . Just send me a list.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Thu May 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks Mark. :)

My problem is that I have nothing to pay you back with right now, and I don't know how much I will have by the time I get to the con (Although I'm actively looking for one, I currently have no job...and no money. Next year I'd probably take you up on your offer, however this year, I'm just whining about the fact that I COULDN'T prereg even if I had the cash to).

Edit: Although...I do know for sure that I want to get in on your Altamira games and the CV premiers. That would be $16, right? That I could probably come up with. (I get in the DD for free since I'm GMing the first half of it).
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Thu May 26, 2011 11:43 pm

Ah, the joys of scholastic living. Digging around the car floor for change to buy gas, making soup out of ketchup packets, and selling plasma to pay for a night of bar hopping. Enjoy these wonderful times, it gets worse later. I think there is 16 bucks left in my "these are not official LARP rules" fund to cover Kara for this year.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Thu May 26, 2011 11:46 pm

salamanca wrote:Ah, the joys of scholastic living. Digging around the car floor for change to buy gas, making soup out of ketchup packets, and selling plasma to pay for a night of bar hopping. Enjoy these wonderful times, it gets worse later. I think there is 16 bucks left in my "these are not official LARP rules" fund to cover Kara for this year.

I appreciate that, but it's okay. :) I'm just curious what your "these are not official LARP rules" fund is?
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri May 27, 2011 1:23 am

Kara, my cousin sold his blood while he was in graduate school one year to help pay for his food. It's a good life!
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Fri May 27, 2011 3:26 am

Sister Sonya wrote:Kara, my cousin sold his blood while he was in graduate school one year to help pay for his food. It's a good life!

I would, but I can't. I have little strange things that bother me. It's not the needle, and it's not the blood. It's the strap they put around your arm to (and I'm getting dizzy just thinking about this) dilate the blood vessel and the forcing of my body into doing something that it isn't supposed to do (blood should not be moved that fast). Anyway, I passed out when I had a tiny bit of blood drawn for a blood test one time I went in for a physical.

Long story short, no matter how badly I want to, I can't give blood... :(

I'm sure my reaction wouldn't be quite as horrifying as my dad's when he tried...although I'm not willing to chance it unless I'm on the streets begging...but I'd like to think that I have friends who won't ever let that happen.
Klcp

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri May 27, 2011 6:56 am

by salamanca » Thu May 26, 2011 11:43 pm "making soup out of ketchup packets"

Remind me not to eat the soup at your house, Sal, lol. Sounds a bit watery, lol. ;)

I always kept a bag of flour available. You can always make pancakes out of flour and water, even if they don't have much flavor, and in a pinch, they can be used like slices of bread, for a PB&J sandwich, (if you have the PB&J), otherwise a bit of cinnamon and sugar on them , roll them up and "instant dessert", lol. :D

Yeah, no matter what you think of your hard times now Kara, it doesn't get any easier. Once you are out on your own, you have to have that job to pay the rent and other bills, and fun times like Origins become rare, unless you get lucky and hit the lottery. Of course you have to play the lottery to win, and since that cost money, I rarely, very rarely play the lottery. Sigh.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Well, we still are here and can cover an event or two if you need them. I have my log in issues cleared as well if you want an event I have gaps thursday from 1 pm on, saturday after around 6pm, and all of sunday open. The LARP fund is something that only gets discussed face to face. It keeps me from getting in trouble for my sordid past.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Sat May 28, 2011 12:27 am

Alright, you'll have to tell me about that at Origins then, Dave.

Good news: I got an interview tomorrow at 3 for Applebees! ^.^
-just realized that she has to figure out what the heck she's going to wear-
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Sat May 28, 2011 7:54 am

Clothing, neatly pressed. Preferably something normal. Pirate boots would be a bad idea.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 28, 2011 9:55 am

Clown makeup is right out.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sat May 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Are you sure? Because I was totally planning on wearing the boots... ;)

Okay...so...basically this is my first real interview. -freaking out-

EDIT: SECOND INTERVIEW ON WEDNESDAY!!!! :mrgreen:
Klcp

Previous

Return to Events