Countdown to Origins 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to Origins 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Wait, did Mark just say 2014? As in NEXT YEAR? Yea, yea I know, what information could I POSSIBLY have related to next year's Origins when we're still in July?

Well it's small, I know, but the Countdown Clock has been reset (which typically NEVER happens this early) so you can start your planning now (I mean, after all, there's a LARP to be considered, and it's not too early to start working on your costume).

In case you're curious, 316 days (June 11-15)

And as for HoA, there'll be the two newest adventures
Ep. 7 - Scientific Method and
Ep. 8 - Acts of Desperation
The LARP (of course)
and surprise of surprises, Ep. 1 & 2 will be retired...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to Origins 2014

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Well, I have something I can use for a bronze Swordsman's pin at least. Now, to figure out the rest of Annie's outfit, especially since I can't have an actual axe with me. :(
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby svensven » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:31 pm

How does the LARP work, exactly? Should we play our Heroes of Altimira character or is it a separate one-shot?
svensven

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Its kinda going to be a mixture of that. People who play HOA can play their characters, and there will be things that are in the plot that will be a part of the HOA RPG plot.

For people who just want to play a 7th Sea larp, there will be stuff to do that doesn't have to be based on any of the HOA plots.

So if you have a HOA character, come all dolled up as them and enjoy playing your character without bothering to have to roll the dice. :D

But remember, no swords, knives, guns, axes, or any other weapons (real or fake), because the hotel/convention does not allow them and we could get into trouble.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby svensven » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Thanks. I've got plenty of costuming but none of it really matches the character I created for HoA. Then again, I've got a year and most of my current costuming was made for a much heavier man, so maybe I just commission some new gear.
svensven

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:11 pm

BTW, what if some of us spend XP at Origins to bump up stuff prior to the LARP?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:18 pm

And, do we get XP for HoA from the LARP?
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:19 pm

Ok, larp questions answered:. *1- if you do not have a HOA character created and posted on this site, you will be playing a pre-genned character that fills out the plotlines. They will be tied to HOA events because they all tie together. But they will have fewer personal issues. For those of you with established characters, I may be adding little personal goals that fit your character (Mike this certainly includes you and your inventions). *2- if you have XP from events played in 2013, update your stats on the board to reflect that. The cut off date for posting stats will be THE DAY BEFORE TOTALCON 2014. So nobody gets XP from episodes 7 or 8. No advantages from the extra PA, etc. I do not have time to sit down at Origins and readjust everybody at the start of the session. (and by the time we convert to LARP stats, a single pip change is pretty minimal). *3- YES, you will get XP for the LARP. And the yet to be asked questions: *4- if you just joined the campaign in 2014 and post your stats at least a month before Origins I will do my best to get you converted for the event. *5- the mechanics are published in Rapier's Edge. *6- empahsis is on social interaction not fighting. No boffers. *7- the event will be scheduled friday evening probably starting at 6 or 7 and ending 4 hours later. (give or take. Later if you are all having fun and nobody needs the room.) the plan is to list it for 100 players.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:32 am

So, there's a PA on top of the LARP as well?

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Yep, because I have my hands full without sandboxing your desires to find the tamale man, train in a school, seek out your long lost relatives and whatnot. I can plan for a little of some of that and list it as a goal for the night if it relates to the plot or other characters in the game. But the rest is Mark's job to handle at a table and I would feel bad if players that only make origins lost out on a PA session.
salamanca

Postby svensven » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:13 am

What does PA mean?
svensven

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:17 am

svensven wrote:What does PA mean?

PA stands for Personal Agendas, our sandbox event where you deal with stuff just for your character (deal with a Background (either one of yours or one you earned in game), fight a duel, gather or spread gossip, etc.).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 pm

BTW, we ARE bringing Muffin with us, so y'all have been warned... :twisted:

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Lady Grace wrote:BTW, we ARE bringing Muffin with us, so y'all have been warned... :twisted:

Soooo... Are you saying there are places you DON'T bring muffin?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
Lady Grace wrote:BTW, we ARE bringing Muffin with us, so y'all have been warned... :twisted:

Soooo... Are you saying there are places you DON'T bring muffin?

Muffin has yet to visit Mike's parents in St. Louis for starters.

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Two Months down, 10 to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Just got the unofficial (official) word on the Origins FB page that Event Submission should begin in Sept (we'll see if that actually happens, though it should be easy for us, given we already know everything we're going to be running).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 pm

I don't know - the last couple of times Muffin and Floyd were in the same place, it didn't go so well for Muffin... ;)
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 pm

And yet, Muffin still survives...mind you, Francoise & Antoine won't be at the LARP, so Muffin's gonna need new patsies.

Lady Grace

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Actually, the last time wasn't so bad for him - didn't he stage his own death?
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Yes he did. I am not certain muffin is currently living in Altamira. Need to check some stuff.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Joby Miller wrote:Oh and GMs... Event Submissions will open in a couple of weeks.

I cut-n-pasted this from Origins Facebook page. Just thought you might want to know.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Couple is a subjective number meaning between 2 and 38 in this case. I don't get the early submission thing when registration is always notoriously late.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Origins Event Submission is now live (though you have to do it the old-school way, via Excel Spreadsheet, because their new, supposed, online system is, yup you guessed it, off-line.)

I have most of the spreadsheet filled out, it'll be finished by tonight.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Little reminder for players... we are adjusting our schedules in the listings so as many of our attending GMs can get covered for badges as possible. I have already volunteered to run a significant number of events (as usual) and will probably be running a few listed for Ken, Laura and maybe even Mark. (this is mostly about my trying to hold up my share of events annually when I only attend Origins and Cob and the fact that the LARP alone would cover my badge)
salamanca

Next

Return to Events