Countdown to Total Confusion 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to Total Confusion 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 am

Boy there really isn't much of a break after GenCon, is there?
Well anyway, Total Confusion is gearing up for next year's convention...

TOTAL CONFUSION 28
The Holiday Inn
31 Hampshire Street
Mansfield, MA 02048
508-339-2200
February 20-23, 2014

And starting early next month they'll be taking event submissions! As the start of our con season, We run a full compliment of games, including Episodes 3-8 (1&2 will have been retired), two Personal Agendas (which will include the usual, an all new, one-time-only adventure), and of course, DOMINGO GIGANTE! The schedule should look like this (I will, of course, post an official listing once I get all the events in).

Thurs
Episode 3 - Gentleman's Wager
Episode 5 - Evil Intent
Episode 7 - Scientific Method

Fri
Episode 8 - Acts of Desperation
Episode 6 - The Balance of Profit
Episode 4 - A Small Favor

Sat
Episode 5 - Evil Intent
Episode 7 - Scientific Method
Episode 6 - The Balance of Profit
Episode 8 - Acts of Desperation
Personal Agendas (x2)

Sun
DOMINGO GIGANTE!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to Total Confusion 2014

Postby spizio » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Perhaps you should clarify that there are 2 tables for the PA, not 2 actual PA events. Last year Laura ran the mini event and Mark dealt with the actual personal stuff. Then they swapped players halfway through the slot. You will probably feel a little used and maybe dirty but it wears off in time. :lol:
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Well they'll be running at the same time so I doubt anyone will try to sign up for both...;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:38 pm

We use the same set up at Gencon and Origins for the PA sessions. and we switch mid point except for the players that fear me.

And for the record, every PA written now includes very specific notes to deal with individual players should they attend. (mostly things like what to do if someone like Sgt. Marco arrives and opts to try and recruit the bad guys or Tomas is in tow and opts to throw himself at the handmaidens)

But we are very much planning for you all in those specific one shot events.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Some progress on the TC 2014 front.

TC staff updated the GM Info page so that the Online Event Submission form is now clickable (though it still says that it's closed and the link leads nowhere).

On related news, they're running a TC Game Day at Battleground Games, just down the street from my house. I'd like to go but it's dadda day so no promises.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:37 am

And more news, I grabbed this off the TC FB Page...

HOTEL CODE for TotalCon 28 is active now: TTC
Rooms starting just $94.
Booking early is highly recommended.
http://www.totalcon.com/HotelInformation.html

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:42 pm

TC folks mentioned over on FB that they usually get the event submission up and running by the 15. And for those who can't be bothered to mouse their pointer over to the time display, today's the 15th. I checked it earlier and no dice but I'm pretty much ready to submit our adventures anyway. So we're almost ready to start Year 4

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:13 am

The website is reportedly getting a redesign which may have delayed this. If it is that urgent you could probably send them direct to Steve. There are links under contact us.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:22 am

Nah I'm not that worried about it. I just like the buildup.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:09 am

Apparently the TC website was hacked somehow (nothing seems wrong if you go directly to the site but if you google it, it goes to a pr0n site. So they're holding off on Event Registration until they can be sure its not gonna cause any problems.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 pm

They should go live now. It may boost attendance but lead to disappointment when the actual event does not match the description.
salamanca

Postby spizio » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:42 am

So what you are saying Mark is that your event descriptions weren't ready so you hacked the website to gain more time.
spizio

Postby salamanca » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Are you kidding?. Mark has the event descriptions written for year 7 already. He's got outlines for year 8 and plots through year 3 of the next campaign. Eisenhower was less prepared for D-day than Mark is for Totalcon. Now if it were me in charge... Odds are the events would be getting written the night before and changed the day of the session. (because I am lazy about prep)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:39 pm

salamanca wrote:Eisenhower was less prepared for D-day than Mark is for Totalcon.

Heh... Yup. It's true I am very, very prepared. All the events are written, and have been playtested (I am currently in the process of editing them). The PA event is done well enough Laura can run it easily. All the Backgrounds from previous years are already ready (though I do have to do write-ups for the half a dozen you can earn this year). GMs are ready to go and have (hopefully) read the adventures they're running. The only adventures I still need to write are the Mouse Guard one I'm running Sunday for the Kiddos and the secret one I'm not allowed to talk about (which will be Friday Night).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:03 pm

See! He admits to being unprepared. I knew it was him. Damn mouseguard.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:21 am

Still in a holding pattern. Haven't heard any news (not that its too much of a disaster, given that we're still 5 months out).

Just for Scott, I have taken care of all the Backgrounds that were semi-unfinished, I have the basic idea for my Mouse Guard game, I wrote up a full outline for my top secret adventure (that an adventure that's top secret, not a Top Secret RPG adventure). Actually I am going to be using Brass & Steel rules.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't know Brass & Steel but it is no doubt better than Top Secret SI and more kid friendly than Top Secret.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Got the news, everything is cleared up, they're just waiting on Google's AOK and then they'll let us have at it.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Ok got the good word to start putting the stuff in, got as far as Saturday Night's second PA adventure and poof, started getting 404 errors when I pushed the submit button. Not sure if I'll have to re-submit some or all. But I made a couple of errors (which, unfortunately, fixing requires me to shoot emails back and forth to the PICs) so it may work out for the best anyway.

Here's a re-sending of the schedule I'm planning on (with the hours and GMs this time)

Thursday
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 3 – Gentleman’s Wager (Eric)
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 5 – Evil Intent (Laura)
7pm-11pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 7 – Scientific Method (Me)

Friday
8am-12pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 4 – A Small Favor (Eric)
8am-12pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 6 – The Balance of Profit (Laura)
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 8 – Acts of Desperation (Me)
7pm-11pm – Blix’s thingie (Me)

Saturday
8am-12pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 5 – Evil Intent (Laura)
8am-12pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 7 – Scientific Method (Me)
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 6 – The Balance of Profit (Laura)
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 8 – Acts of Desperation (Me)
7pm-11pm – Heroes of Altamira, Personal Agendas (Laura)
7pm-11pm – Heroes of Altamira, Personal Agendas (Me)

Sunday
10am-2pm – DOMINGO GIGANTE! (Laura)
10am-2pm – Child’s Track – Mouse Guard (using FATE) (Me)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Alright, got all our games in. Now I just have to fix who's running them and we'll be all set.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:00 am

82 Days Left until TotalConfusion and the beginning of Heroes of Altamira Year 4!!!

(So I guess it's time I got to editing our two newest releases and writing of the kids game, huh.)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:54 am

AND Just after I posted that, I discovered TC is almost finished with the first batch of events (and thus will be posting their preliminary event list shortly). I will update when it gets posted so you can look for events.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 pm

I said soon and I wasn't lying. Preliminary event lists are up now
http://www.totalcon.com/eventpreviews.html

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:25 pm

Ok so I can share around the love, it's 10 weeks to TotalCon (but this time, since I have no need to travel and stay there, combined with no pre-con events, it won't actually start for me for 10 weeks and 2 days)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:30 pm

So, I've purchased my airfare to Boston and will register for 7, 8 and the PA on Saturday (as last year).

I also have reserved a room at the Con hotel for the Friday and Saturday nights, should anyone wish to share. However, I imagine that if I get no takers to share, I probably will cancel and make other arrangements.
Sister Sonya

Next

Return to Events