Countdown to Total Confusion 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Total Confusion 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 pm

9 Days Left
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:21 pm

8 Days! (Mike when are you getting into town?)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:36 am

Another snowstorm coming today. Which is fine with me so long as we just get them all over with at some point before next Thurs (7 days from now!)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:37 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Mike when are you getting into town?

Wednesday, Feb 19, at 1:37 PM; returning Monday Feb 24 at 12:18 PM.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:20 am

6 Days! (and it looks like we're supposed to get snow today, tomorrow and possibly Tues, so it should be all cleared by the time TC starts)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:46 am

5 days left!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:11 pm

The only event I got into was the PA. Looks like I will be relying on generics and a little nepotism Saturday.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:58 pm

spizio wrote:The only event I got into was the PA. Looks like I will be relying on generics and a little nepotism Saturday.

DAD? IS THAT YOU?!?!

4 DAYS LEFT!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:15 pm

Edited the "Sold Out" list again. All the newest are sold out but there's still room in the PA. Tomorrow is the end of pre-reg.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
spizio wrote:The only event I got into was the PA. Looks like I will be relying on generics and a little nepotism Saturday.

DAD? IS THAT YOU?!?!

4 DAYS LEFT!

Sure, if it gets me a seat at the tables
spizio

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 am

I leave for Boston tomorrow.

For what it's worth, I hope to leave all of the snow in Chicago!
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 am

Well, we are supposed to have another snowstorm today, and are supposed to get around 6 to 8 inches more. Supposed to end tomorrow, so depending on when your flight is, you may be landing in more snow, lol. As far as leaving the snow behind, that's going to be quite hard, as right now we have snowbanks here in Natick, that are almost 5 feet high from the plows (basing them on my height, and if I can see over them or not, lol.) So while we are supposed to be getting some warm weather this weekend, and rain tomorrow, there is still lots of snow on the ground, and if it gets really warm, there may be some flooding, so bring your waders.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:24 pm

I won't be leaving Boston for the 'burbs until late Friday, so the wading might be serious by then.

The pushed snowbanks in my cul-de-sac are now 10 feet high with the snow that we got Monday.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Yup supposed to be good weather (well, warm at least) throughout the con. Two days of rain but one day in the 50s (YAY). Everything's all set to go (though it doesn't look like my book will be ready for sale :( so I'll have to push the short stories that are free on the website (http://www.daddywritesgood.comif you're curious*)

*It's not live yet but will be up thurs at the latest.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:31 am

I'd better take an umbrella then. See you at the Con...
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:17 am

Have a good flight Mike, see you on Saturday.

It all starts tomorrow folks!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:22 am

Sister Sonya wrote:I'd better take an umbrella then.

Yup... Went out to get tourist info then to eat in Chinatown. Didn't take the umbrella. First snow, then rain, got soaked.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:45 am

Day 1 down and as usual we had quite a run! 17 players for two games. AND amazingly I haven't lost my voice...yet. Ran WAY over on the first run of Ep. 7.(players were having too much fun amongst themselves and I didn't want to spoil it.)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Total Con is officially over now, both Mark and I are at our own homes, and we had a good time. It was one of the biggest TC's that I can remember. People were already gaming at tables while we ("We" being Total Con, as I work for them, as well as help Mark on HOA)came to set up our offices and other stuff on Wednesday, and the Con started on Thursday.
But a couple of our tables didn't run, one of the first ones on Thursday, and DOMINGO GIGANTE! on Sunday, but otherwise our tables were pretty full.

That's all I'm going to say, as I'll let Mark give the update on how everything went otherwise.

Mike, hope you had a safe trip back to Chicago!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:13 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote: Mike, hope you had a safe trip back to Chicago!

Yup, plane arrived late so we left late. Arrived back safely with temperature 20 and wind 15 mph.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Alright, Laura wanted a report, and I've been busy but here it is!

First, the new games were a huge success! The first night of Ep 7 I actually had to turn folks away after we got our 10th player. But despite the overstuffed table, the substance of the adventure really made it absolutely perfect for a large group!

I ran full tables at every session (save the Mouseguard, but given it was sunday and for kids I wasn't expecting all that many, though we did end up with 6 of the 8 showing up)

Personal Agendas was, as usual, a huge success, though our newest member here, John Sussenberger (who's now had to suffer through both a Paella craze and herding cats) hates me with a passion. But on the plus side, Admaximumace (Antonio Arayas) is probably willing to have my baby ;)

I won't give details about individual adventures (since sharing or not is up to that individual) but I will say a great deal of fun was had by all.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:22 pm

I think you mean the Personal Agendas, not Domingo Gigante, as it did not run this year at Total, since only one person showed up.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Ahem...
What are you talking about Laura, I wrote Personal Agendas...

;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:38 pm

LOL, after I corrected you, LOL! :P :lol:
Rebecca Iavelli

Previous

Return to Events