The OFFICIAL Episode 4 Playtest Thread

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

The OFFICIAL Episode 4 Playtest Thread

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Ok so I presume you all have your events down (or at least those of you who are as obsessive as me). So here is my schedule. I've taken the liberty of highlighting all the timespots where we could run this thing. And...DISCUSS!

NOTE Laura and I will be in Colombus on Tues night (probably somewhere around 8-10pm)

Wednesday
9-1 POTENTIAL RUN TIME (I know most aren't here but I do have it free)
1-5pm HoA: Episode 1
5-9pm HoA: Episode 2
9-1am POTENTIAL RUN TIME

Thursday
9-1pm HoA: Episode 1
1-5pm HoA: Episode 2
5-whenever POTENTIAL RUN TIME

Friday
8-2pm JSA The Bunker (Champions) CANCELLED
whenever-2 POTENTIAL RUN TIME
2-6pm CV 17
7-11pm CV DD

Saturday
whenever-2 POTENTIAL RUN TIME
2-6pm CV 18 (Changed to CV 17)
7-11pm CV 18

Sunday
2-6pm CV 17 (Changed to 9am-1pm CV 18)
2-whenever POTENTIAL RUN TIME (I added this after because I'm pretty sure CV 18 is going in the am)

It's possible I might need one of those times for a freelancer meet-n-greet but not even sure it'll be at Origins.

Mark
Last edited by Black Jack Rackham on Wed May 18, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JSA event was cancelled
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: The OFFICIAL Episode 4 Playtest Thread

Postby Klcp » Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Are you sure about the times for the CV modules? I don't remember what it said on the Origins event list, but whatever it says is apparently correct.

Anyway, depending when Kristin, Adam, and I get there, I could do the late one on Wednesday...actually, I'm sure we'll get there by then, so that would be the best time for me.
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Well I am certain Sal can't make it till Thurs. So Wed was just in there if there was no other time that'd work.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 2:22 pm

That bunker game is with Ed Rollins right? you want to play that. he's a good chap.

as always, I'm keeping thurs. night free. for dinner and whatnot. wed. 9pm is actually possible for me as well this year but no promises.

Saturday morning we should go invade Jason Haskins game. He's fun to play with, he likes handing out drama dice. (I think last year I had 24 at one point)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 8:58 pm

The Bunker isn't with Ed Rollins but Joe Linehan. Not a clue who he is, but it's a 6 hour JSA event. I am so geeked.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 10:06 pm

That JSA game... Yeah it should rock. You got a preference?. Golden age Mr. TERRIFIC perhaps. Or johnny thunder.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Which to pick, which to pick, among my favorites are Spectre, Dr. Fate, Hourman, and Wildcat. But at this juncture, I'd take whichever. Been really jonesing for Golden Age Superhero action.

Mark

And, I should add, there are still 5 tickets for the JSA adventure left.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 18, 2011 10:45 am

For all this off-topic discussion I didn't see a whole lot of "I think we should do it at XXX time" discussion. So, lemme narrow some things down. Laura is driving with me, so she'll be here whenever I am. Her schedule narrows my list of opens to:
Both Wed Times (9-1pm, 9-1am)
Thurs Time (5pm+)
Fri Time (early-2pm)
Sun depending on when her event ends (2pm+)

Then taking away Sal's schedule leaves:
Thurs 5pm+
Sun 2pm+

I'm leaning toward Thurs so we can do dinner then play leasurely...
More commentary?

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed May 18, 2011 11:54 am

Well, Thursday seems to be the average night we all end up together anyway, so I'd say go for Thursday evening.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Klcp » Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

:(
Too bad I'm running CV15. That's okay though. Playtesting anything at GenCon?
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Wed May 18, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm down with thurs night. Mark, you should stalk me and play whatever I signed up for fri morning. I am 90% sure wed night after 9 maybe 10 would work for me too. But I don't have to gm for a bunch of unruly punks thurs morning.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 18, 2011 1:13 pm

I looked to see if there were some way we could work around your schedule Kara, but the only way I could see it on Thur is to run half (5-7) before you GM then the other half (11-1) afterwards. I think that's a bit much. Any way you could switch a GMing slot?

Mark

EDIT: I'd love to hang out on Wed but 1-2 am is a bit too late for me. And Yes my plan was to see what you were playing

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 18, 2011 1:27 pm

You are gonna be up til 1 chatting in the bar with us anyhow.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Wed May 18, 2011 2:09 pm

I already switched out of running 17 because, as it turns out, I didn't play EITHER of them at Vernecon cuz Frank was runnIng them. And 15 and 16 are a two part module so I have to run both of them. And you're right about the insanity of splitting the game in two parts. It's fine. Like I said, I just get dibs if you playtest anything at GenCon.
Klcp

Postby cpugs » Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Name a time, I will free my schedule up.
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 24, 2011 3:55 pm

I just thought of a possible solution Kara. We will, no doubt, spend some time BSing and having dinner on thurs, so if you want to give me a call after you're done running CV, you can come find us and play whatever remains of the playtest (if you're so inclined).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Wed May 25, 2011 12:24 am

Ooh!! Okay! Will do. I just have to check with Kristin and find a ride back to her grandparents house.
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Alright, lets see if I have this correct. Thurs 5pm + Sal, Charlie, Me, Laura, Kara(for the latter half) can all make it. The only one I haven't heard directly from is Mike. What'da all say, is four (players) enough?

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri May 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Sorry: posted in Nay-Sayers on May 24 @ 5:38PM

Sister Sonya wrote:I also deleted an event on Thursday evening for dinner/playtesting. My itinerary now shows (4.00) in red. I'm hoping that this will resolve itself ok.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Fri May 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Jeremy should also be available with his defrocked priest that has that hobby of throwing rocks. And I can probably scare up a couple more if need be. (maybe floyd and deb).
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Doesn't matter how many I have at the table, if Floyd and/or Deb show up, there is always room. So, with Jeremy and Mike we should be set. Now remember, you're trying to mess this up (not just refuse to do it, that's too easy).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Which is why I playtest with the montaigne social skills guy. anybody can physically outdo a game. GM just has to up some stats on the spot to deal with that. I'm always looking for ways to out-talk the adventure.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Sat May 28, 2011 12:25 am

salamanca wrote:Which is why I playtest with the montaigne social skills guy. anybody can physically outdo a game. GM just has to up some stats on the spot to deal with that. I'm always looking for ways to out-talk the adventure.

I see. You're one of THOSE guys, huh...
Klcp

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat May 28, 2011 7:31 am

He may be one of "Those guys", Kara, but it's really fun watching the results he ends up with, lol. You really should have been there when he played the courtesan. He really made Mark work for that adventure. :D
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sat May 28, 2011 7:58 am

That's right, you only have seen me in the CV stuff where I dial it back. Someday I wll need to drag out Rodrigo and really put on a show.
salamanca

Next

Return to Events