Countdown to GenCon 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to GenCon 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 18, 2014 12:26 pm

So, looks like it's going to be a good year! In 17 minutes our first event sold out! (AND I should point out, we upped the available tickets to 7 per session rather than the previous 6)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Update in case you haven't signed up for games yet. Here are the game numbers, names, and number of tickets still left

Thurs (14th):
RPG 1452939 9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 3 – Gentleman’s Wager (GM: Ken) - SOLD OUT
RPG 1453099 2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 5 – Evil Intent (GM: Me) - SOLD OUT
RPG 1453109 7pm-11pm HoA, Ep. 7 – Scientific Method (GM: Me) - SOLD OUT

Fri (15th):
RPG 1453113 9am-1pm HoA, Ep 8 – Acts of Desperation (GM: Me) - SOLD OUT
RPG 1453107 2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 6 – The Balance of Profit (GM: Ken) - 3 TICKETS LEFT
RPG 1453029 7pm-11pm HoA, Ep. 4 – A Small Favor (GM: Ken) - 3 TICKETS LEFT

Sat (16th):
RPG 1453100 9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 5 – Evil Intent (GM: Ken) - 1 TICKET LEFT
RPG 1453110 9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 7 – Scientific Method (GM: Me) - SOLD OUT
RPG 1453108 2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 6 – The Balance of Profit (GM: Ken) - 5 TICKETS LEFT
RPG 1453114 2pm-6pm HoA, Ep 8 – Acts of Desperation (GM: Me) - 1 TICKET LEFT
RPG 1453115 AND 1453117 7pm-11pm HoA, Personal Agendas (2 Tables, GMs: All of Us) - 1 TICKET LEFT

Sun (17th):
RPG 1453118 10am-2pm HoA, DOMINGO GIGANTE! (GM: Me) - 8 TICKETS LEFT (GENERICS ONLY)

Just a note, we adjusted the initial tickets up to 7 to get reimbursement for hotels for us GMs so there will only be room for one additional person at each table (unless I really, really like you, which, lets face it, I like all of you, so there ought to be still two available).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 20, 2014 8:18 am

Updated the above post for this morning's count.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Tue May 20, 2014 11:53 am

if they up the housing requirements next year, put me down for less games, and yourself down for more. Since my housing is paid for a year at a time in genconville.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 21, 2014 6:33 pm

kenderleech wrote:if they up the housing requirements next year, put me down for less games, and yourself down for more. Since my housing is paid for a year at a time in genconville.

Thanks for that, Ken!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 26, 2014 4:09 pm

78 Days until GenCon!!!

Edited the "Tickets Left" posts.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 29, 2014 11:27 pm

UPDATED the "Tickets Left" Post again.

and keeping up with the countdown, eleven weeks from today, GenCon begins!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:04 pm

70 Days Left!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:18 am

Alright, one biggie down, one to go. Just need to get to OGC next month and then it's on to GenCon! And if you don't already have a ticket we're down to the wire. Just 7 tickets left in any of our events! Just 8 Weeks Left to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:52 am

Of course, just because there are only 7 tickets left doesnt mean we wont find you a seat if you show up anyways.
kenderleech

Postby daundelyon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:40 am

kenderleech wrote:Of course, just because there are only 7 tickets left doesnt mean we wont find you a seat if you show up anyways.

Hooray!
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:35 pm

48 days left to go before the big one!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 pm

How funny would it be if I revealed to Mark that I have been attending GenCon annually since it came to Indy and have just been avoiding him there?. Better make sure he never finds out.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:14 am

salamanca wrote:How funny would it be if I revealed to Mark that I have been attending GenCon annually since it came to Indy and have just been avoiding him there?. Better make sure he never finds out.

*screams and runs around the room pulling (what's left of) his hair out before curling up in the corner quietly sobbing*

Back to the countdown, 5 weeks left!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 pm

35 days left! And if you don't have tickets (well what are you waiting for?!?), there are only 7 tickets left (but remember we'll do our best to make sure you get into a game if you show up anyway!)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Another ten days have gone past and we're down to just 25 days until GenCon! Just a note, if you're worried about whether or not you qualify to play through the Personal Agendas, remember we have just one hard and fast rule,

If you sit down with a ticket, YOU'RE PLAYING!

But if you'd like to have a bit better handle on the campaign, you can always play through some of our regular sessions first!

And since we still have a few tickets left, it's a win-win for both of us!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:47 am

Two weeks from today, I will be sitting down to run the first of the three events I signed up for at the KFG (Kentucky Fried Gamers Wednesday before GenCon event). I am running a Call of Cthulhu adventure called Lower 9 (about what really happened during Hurricane Katrina) followed by not one but TWO Kobolds Ate My Baby Adventures called The Common Cold-bald (replaying it). There are still some tickets left to the latter KAMB adventure, and people are notorious for signing up and then not showing up, so drop on by and see if I've got some extra space (or just say hi).

So that also means we have just 15 days until GenCon!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:48 pm

10 Days Left!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:59 pm

7 days until The Drive, 8 days until KFG, 9 days until GenCon!!!

Hope all my driving buddies are ready!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Well, here it is, not even 2 days til we leave for the drive, and so looking forward to it, after all that has been happening at work. It's great to get away from the "Big Disaster" as I have been thinking of it lately. They can't make up their mind on where the sink is going to be placed. They can't figure out how much space we will have to work in; they are really screwing over a lot of things, and the customers are not happy. I haven't planned to play any games, but then I really haven't looked at what there was available, and I don't want to have to run from one place to another on my ankle, so I'm just going to relax and let things fall into place.

I am hoping to finally meet Dana and his crew this year, depending on where they are to us. I tried a couple of times last year to find him, and always seemed to miss him.

Other than that, I still need to do a bit of laundry, which I plan on doing tomorrow, finish packing and waiting for Mark's call to head over to his house, staying over, since we will be leaving way before sun-up on Tuesday morning.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:22 pm

And I will be enjoying final renn faire weekend. I will in no way be in a different building at GenCon running new edition D&D. I don't care what rumors you may have hears about that, it's patently false.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:07 am

You will certainly see Dana at his LARP. The Swashbuckling 101's are his also.
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:12 am

No, I will not see Dana at his LARP, because I am not going to his larp. Every year it is usually at the other side of the city, and my ankle will not handle walking all over the place. I am hoping to catch them in their game room, depending on where they are located to us this year, otherwise, I doubt I'll see him at all. Just too many people running around to meet everyone, lol.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Found out we'll be in the same room as Dana and his crew so Laura can go over and say hi! And he can continue his unending string of years in which he doesn't remember who I am ;)

Just counting down the hours until we leave and absolutely not planning on driving up to Dave's neck of the woods to make sure he is hard at work instead of playing D&D 5th Ed.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:00 pm

whats your ETA out here, mark, so i can be not in the middle of doing anything
kenderleech

PreviousNext

Return to Events