Countdown to GenCon 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to GenCon 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Ok first bits of news for next year's GC.

1) Event Submission begins January 10th
2) Badge Pre-Registration begins January 26th
3) Event Registration begins May 18th
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to GenCon 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:23 pm

and to add to the fun of my "26 Weeks to Origins" post, today is also 35 Weeks to GenCon!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:44 pm

2 weeks until Event Submission begins (and yes, like usual I'll get them in first thing that day).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 pm

We are putting our events together for submission as well. Before I do that I was hoping to get your schedule so that I can plan my events around yours. Do you know what you will be running when?
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:19 pm

I guess what I really need to know is when do you think you'll be running the Personal Agenda? Will it be Sat 7-11 again?
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Barring any unforeseen circumstances it will always be the second to the last day of the con, late in the evening (kind of like our crescendo). I want people to end each year doing whatever is most personally interesting.

So, yes Saturday 7-11

Though if you are going to miss out, I can always find 15 minutes here or there to run your background.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:01 am

Dr. Contreras' issue is that his events likely will be on the standard 8-12, 12-4, 5-9, and 9-1 schedule.

He is less into Crimson Valor than I am, which is also on a different schedule; but any schedule other than the standard one makes for different scheduling. Whereas getting an extra 2 hours sleep Saturday night works out ok, an extra two or four hours in the afternoon can be awkward overall.

That's my reason for preferring HoA in Boston or Columbus.

By the way, Kristin says that Crimson Valor will have a presence at both Origins and GenCon. Also, there may well be new GMs joining the roster!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:10 pm

Ok, I was almost 4 hours late in getting the events in ;) but here's our list.

Thurs (14th):
9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 3 – Gentleman’s Wager (GM: Ken)
2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 5 – Evil Intent (GM: Me)
7pm-11pm HoA, Ep. 7 – Scientific Method (GM: Me)

Fri (15th):
9am-1pm HoA, Ep 8 – Acts of Desperation (GM: Me)
2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 6 – The Balance of Profit (GM: Ken)
7pm-11pm HoA, Ep. 4 – A Small Favor (GM: Ken)

Sat (16th):
9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 5 – Evil Intent (GM: Ken)
9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 7 – Scientific Method (GM: Me)
2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 6 – The Balance of Profit (GM: Ken)
2pm-6pm HoA, Ep 8 – Acts of Desperation (GM: Me)
7pm-11pm HoA, Personal Agendas (2 Tables, GMs: All of Us)

Sun (17th):
10am-2pm HoA, DOMINGO GIGANTE! (GM: Me)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:51 pm

BADGE PRE-REGISTRATION Opens today at NOON (10 minutes according to my watch).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Badge Reg was it's usual non-event. Took me maybe 3-4 minutes to get mine (and as a bonus I could have paid for Kens and Laura's if I wanted). So I'm all set for the nightmare that will be Hotel Registration.

Oh one more thing to add for all of you. If you want your character to have an official pic from our resident artist Don Higgins, he will be at GenCon this year!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Just let me know what i need to do to free mine out this year. Also, you can park out back again if you want
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Hotel Reg was its usual chaos, enhanced by the fact that some new company is now in charge of taking in the reservations (supposedly comprised mostly of the old folks, but we had an entirely new set of problems). Got a room, not my first or even second choice but I got one. And next up for all of you at least, is event registration (which is no problem for me :twisted: )

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:56 pm

So more news on the GenCon housing front. Apparently the housing block sold out in 3 hours. Yes you read that right. There are still plenty of housing available (so Laura we can still find you a place if you haven't heard back from the housing bureau) it's just not within the housing block.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby svensven » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:50 pm

I got my room right at noon at the Fairfield (not my first choice either but it was the most reasonable of the "one block away" rooms.

Matt
svensven

Postby kenderleech » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:13 pm

I paying 16 bucks a night 5 miles from the convention center. of course, i had to rent the place for a full year
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Ken, you are killing me. best post of the week.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:11 am

Just a quick update 21 weeks until GenCon!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:06 am

And we're already down to 17.5 weeks until GenCon!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:18 am

GenCon just released it's list of Premiere Groups for 2014. I thought we were probably going to have to give up the dream since they announced they were going to be making the criteria more stringent after they ended up with last year's 250 premiere groups. After all, there was pretty much no way for us (short of getting more GMs) to get more folks to sit at our tables.

HOWEVER, I looked (and you can see it HERE) and lo and behold, there we are. Up against the big boys now, (Fantasy Flight, AEG, Pinnacle, etc.) I feel a little like David to their Goliath!

Now we gotta get on it a bit and get them a little blurb about GoSM and a pic!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:00 am

Yeah! Congrats!
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Another update, In just 15 weeks we'll be sitting down with the KFG running some non-GoSM stuff before we get to the good stuff on Thurs!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 03, 2014 8:00 am

Sometime last night all our events went from "Submitted" to "Accepted for Consideration" (GenCon's first step toward putting them in the official event listing).

Yay us!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 09, 2014 11:12 pm

Preliminary Event Catalog is now available! And yes, HoA has all its stuff in and ready to go!

Check it out HERE

Oh and let me add, Event Registration is May 18th

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Whoop I assumed everyone knew the exact time. Lemme clarify. Event Registration for GenCon begins Sunday May 18th at Noon EST.

Oh and 13 weeks until the grandaddy of them all, GENCON!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 17, 2014 8:45 am

Just a reminder, tomorrow is Event Reg for GenCon!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events