Countdown to OGC 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to OGC 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Couple of things for the first post. First, found out the dates for OGC this upcoming year, July 25-27th.

Second, that means we have 32 Weeks before OGC (though I won't be there till Friday, so add 3 more days from that).

Third, haven't heard about event submission there (don't really expect to, it takes a bit longer than the other, bigger, cons). But I'll update everyone when I know more.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to OGC 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:18 am

Couple more updates. First, 18 weeks until OGC! Second, I spoke with her majesty and this year we're going to do some rearranging of schedules so I can go to OGC Friday and Saturday! My plan is to do the regular offering of the latest releases combined with players choice slots (assuming Laura can make it). But given we have two days to fit it all in, I might just do one run-through of Eps. 05-08. And that brings me to my Third announcement, we WILL be having a PA at OGC this year!

It's about time we drummed up some real interest for HoA and I've always found that the laughter we generate during the PA tends draw a crowd.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:09 am

Laura,
For weeks now I've forgotten to ask you A) Are you planning on OGC this year? And if so B) Do you want to run HoA stuff up there? and finally C) When are you available?

This way hopefully you will see this and remind me on Sunday to talk about it.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:20 am

I told you that I would go with you. I believe I have taken off the whole weekend, but I'll double check today.

Ok Mark, I checked. I have all 3 days off.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Ok if I did it right, this should be our OGC Schedule

Slot 1 (Fri 2p-6p): Ep 7 – Scientific Method and Players’ Choice
Slot 2 (Fri 8p-12a): Ep 8 – Acts of Desperation and Players’ Choice
Slot 4 (Sat 9a-1p): Ep 7 – Scientific Method and Players’ Choice
Slot 5 (Sat 2p-6p): Ep 8 – Acts of Desperation and Players’ Choice
Slot 6 (Sat 8p-12a): Personal Agendas (two tables)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 am

Forgot to mention yesterday, 15 weeks till OGC

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:19 pm

And since I'm doing the updating, OGC is just over 12 weeks away. We won't be there until Friday (and will be running stuff on Saturday this time instead of Sunday), but we'll be there none-the-less, and with a PA TOO!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 23, 2014 9:36 am

Couple of snafus on the OGC website had Laura and I running the same event at the same time, but it's all fixed now.

Also if I haven't mentioned it previously, the Players' Choice adventures are the same as DOMINGO GIGANTE! So we'll run any of the previously-released events!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 29, 2014 11:29 pm

8 Weeks until OGC!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:19 am

Where did the time go? Just 5 Weeks to go now!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 am

I think that Origins ate the time.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Origins does not eat time. It simply places it in select locations. The time you feel is missing is currently located at tables 8 & 9 in the champaign room. You may collect it when you find those tables inside the room.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Crap! Dave are you saying Champaign is the Tardis? or is it the room from the Little Girl Lost episode of the Twilight Zone?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:23 pm

It is not the Tardis. A guy I know called Rick was scheduled to run Doctor Who at table 7 and he got relocated as well. I suspect table 8 is Brigadoon and only appears at a con every 10 years.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:35 pm

No Mark, the extra tables were actually in "The Lost Room", but we didn't have the key, so we never got to play on them.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:56 pm

salamanca wrote:It is not the Tardis. A guy I know called Rick was scheduled to run Doctor Who at table 7 and he got relocated as well. I suspect table 8 is Brigadoon and only appears at a con every 10 years.

Was that the guy dressed up as Nine?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Yes, Grace. Same doctor re-enactor, same leather coat, same psychic paper in his pocket.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:42 pm

And just 30 days left before OGC!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Hey Mark,
Just had to tell you that my friend that answered the phone at work when you called, said you had a nice voice.
So I told her I'd tell you she said you had a sexy voice, and she jumped back at me and said "I never said that!", LOL. She didn't, but I was teasing her, and she said you did have a nice voice, so I thought you would like to know. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:48 am

So, I was checking over at the website and happened to notice that the OGC con has not been updated to show when the con is. I know it is over here at the forum, but I know you Mark, and I figured you like to cover all bases, so thought I would remind you to update it. ;)
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Laura!. What are you thinking, now they will suspect Mark is not infallible. Wait, I got a solution... HEY EVERYBODY, OGC IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. If you are not already packed, you are not excited enough for the con. And best of all, SAL will be stuck at work so you can have fun and successful events instead of those lousy games where the heroes fail.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:00 am

Less than 20 days left! (And I'll get to the update soon, I promise)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 pm

15 Days Left! I updated the dates so we should be all set! Remember we'll be there Fri AND Sat running 7, 8 and Player's choice for 4 whole slots! So if you have friends who haven't gotten themselves involved, bring em by, we'd love to addict them to our own particular brand of crazy!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:00 am

Starting the official countdown, 10 Days to OGC!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 am

Just one week left folks! And by the chatter on FB it's gearing up to be a great time!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events