Countdown to TotalCon 2015

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to TotalCon 2015

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:56 am

As soon as Laura wakes up, she's going over to the hotel to start setting up (along with the staff) so for her it all begins today. As for me, going to go over the adventures once more, just to be sure, and then relax. Tomorrow it all begins!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:49 am

WOO! HERE WE GO!!!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:41 am

Well, I hope Total Con is still a go! I'm in Boston, and have had to change one of my hotels already!
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Played #9, #10, and the PA, then got a ride from the Holiday Inn courtesy car back to my motel.

It's been a great trip to Boston so far. The snow has mostly been manageable. :D
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Con report later, too tired now. But I'm happy with how everything went (despite the lowered attendance).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:09 am

Ok, good night's sleep and I'm up early to send the oldest to school. The attendance, as I mentioned earlier, was down, both for the con (I'm guessing here mostly, but I didn't feel as crowded as I had previously) and for us. I think Sal was right about the reasons behind it (it being a regional con, with a relatively static attendance, everyone knows we're running so those who wanted to play already have and there aren't enough new folks that are coming to the con to fill up the older adventures). That said, we still had great tables! (or at least I sure did) lots of laughter and smaller total groups meant more time in the spotlight for our regulars (and who doesn't want more time being focused on them?)

The "Murder Hobo is the new Black" worked like a charm with everyone dog-piling on our resident local Montaigne and Musketeer (who earned extra xp for being such a good sport and playing it to the hilt)

Snow was an on and off problem punctuated by Sunday's 41 degree day (I threatened to wear shorts and a Hawaiian shirt in celebration).

Megan our resident scutt-monkey got her first chance behind the GM screen and did phenomenally! (even when I wandered off to talk to our inhouse artist).

All the regulars were there, bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for adventure. And...

SURPRISE, SURPRISE
Charlie stopped by on Saturday to say hi and play with us!!!!

Speaking of our resident artist, he's even getting into the act having read up on the hidden meanings behind the art of the family portrait. He even managed (very subtly) to add in some serious insults to at least one of the pictures. I will remain mum on the subject, but all the rest of you can have some fun trying to figure out what he did!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Glad I came down. It was good to see you all and relax for a couple of hours. How long is it until Origins??? Probably too long, but that's what I am looking forward too.....
cpugs

Previous

Return to Events