Patrick's Character: Legauche

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Patrick's Character: Legauche

Postby Legauche » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:55 am

Legauche, Professional Duelist
(Henri-Marie Leonin de Montfort)
(based on the Montaigne Professional Duelist)
Brawn - 2
Finesse - 3
Wits - 2
Resolve - 2
Panache - 3

Background - Exile (1 pt) - caught in a compromising position with the favored daughter of a powerful Duc, he barely escaped the outraged father and made it to Altamira. His father, Seigneur Jacques-Louis Leonin de Montfort sent him a sack of gold and told him that Henri-Marie was disowned and to never set foot in Montaigne again. In return, he now goes by the name Legauche and does not speak of his family

Arcana - Reckless

Languages: Montaigne (R/W), Castillan (R/W), Vodacce

Advantages/Special Abilities:
Combat Reflexes, Dangerous Beauty, Half-blooded Porte Sorcerer, Inheritance (1 pt), Left-handed, No off-hand penalty using a dagger or main-gauche, Relative (1 pt) - Half-brother Antoine-Louis de Montfort, student at University of Altamira, Swordsman's Guild, +5 Active Defense (Parry) w/main-gauche

Swordsman School: (Apprentice)
Valroux: Double Parry - 2 Feint - 2 Tagging - 2 Exploit Weakness (Valroux) - 2

Skills and Knacks:
Fencing: Attack - 3 Parry - 2 Cavalry Attack - 1
Knife: Attack - 2 Parry - 3 Throw - 1
Athlete: Climbing - 2 Footwork - 3 Sprinting - 2 Throw - 1
Rider: Ride Horse - 2 Trick Riding - 1
Streetwise: Socializing - 2 Street Navigation - 2
Urchin: Stealth - 2 Street Navigation - 2 Survival - 2
Performer: Acting - 1 Dancing - 1 Oratory - 1 Singing - 1

Sorcery School: (Apprentice) (small, fist-sized doorway)
Porte: Blooding - 1 Bring - 2 Catch - 2

Date: 03/20/16 XP: 18 Gold: 756
Rep: 8 (+3 in Gatter (?))
+1 Interest from Los Vagos
+1 Interest from Knights of the Rose and Cross

Contacts: Alcald Xavier Maradona de Rivera, Eladio Aguila de Fernandez (INF), Senorita Teresa Campos de Ramirez (CNF)
Other: Had official duel w/Santino. Lost. Badly.

Cards: I Knew Right Where We Are!, "Where is your llama?", I Know Your Secret!

Bio:
Born the illigitimate son of Seigneur Jacques-Louis Leonin de Montfort, a cadet branch of one of the oldest families of Montaigne, and an unnamed Cymbri woman Seigneur de Monfort dallied with. She died giving birth; her family, feeling the child ill-omened, deposited him on his father's doorstep. Named Henri-Marie, the boy was taken in and received the martial training of a noble son, but otherwise, his care was left to the servants. He developed a number of skills otherwise not acquired by boys of his rank. He also developed into quite the heart-breaker and his fatal beauty almost became fatal for him. He was enjoying the company of Amelie, the favorite daughter of the Duc de Rachetisse, when they were discovered. He narrowly escaped the enraged father and took ship to Altamira (based on its reputation as a friendly, welcoming city - even to the Montaigne!). His father sent him 500 pieces of gold, but told Henri in no uncertain terms that the young man could never return to Montaigne. Having felt like he had no place in Montaigne society, Henri decided he could live with that. With his skill with the blade and his fondness for dramatics, he has decided upon the life of a professional duelist, denied his family and has taken the name Legauche. He has given his real name to no-one. However, interestingly, the only member of his family that he had fond relations with, his half-brother Antoine-Louis, is now studying at the University of Altamira. Antoine respects Legauche's decision, though sometimes starts to refer to him by his birth-name.

Legauche is 5'9" and wiry. He has his father's lower face, but his mother's swarthy complexion, thick black hair and expressive, brown eyes. He is a natural left-hander. He dresses well, but keeps it a couple of notches below full Montaignaise foppery. He can be formal and polite in better company, but prefers associating with the boisterous lower classes. He styles himself as "The Cymbri Swordsman" and engages a man who helps gather an audience of people when he fights to better advertise his skills. He's won more than he's lost and he has a small following among the kind of people who enjoy watching people stab each other.

His greatest weakness is also something he considers a great strength - what he calls his "Lion". In sticky situations or in little schemes he nurses, Legauche will often try to plan ahead, develop strategies, consider and prepare for contingencies. However, more often than not, he will reach a point where suddenly, as he puts it, his "Lion" will rear up and send him charging headfirst into the situation. So far, so good, insofar as it hasn't killed him.... Yet.

He has a big secret that he even kept from his family - he is a half-blooded Porte sorcerer. He has concentrated on skills that would allow him to recover his weapons should he be separated from them, as well as protecting himself from firearms and missiles, taught to him by an eccentric old man who lived near his father's manor. Given how his father constantly lamented at how "his sons" (his legitimate offspring - Legauche was usually "That Boy") lacked the power of his old line, Legauche chose not to reveal his gift (either to keep from "taunting" his brothers' lack or deny his father the satisfaction of having passed the gift on? Put him deep in his cups and even Legauche couldn't tell you which). In the lands of the Vaticine Church, and especially with a resurgent Inquisition, he is less apt to expose himself. Unless a situation comes up and gets his Lion to roar....
Last edited by Legauche on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legauche

Re: Patrick's Character: Legauche

Postby kenderleech » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:14 am

Welcome to the underground sorcerors club! Heres your card *hands you nothing* we meet never, and dont talk about it.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am

Executed if you cross the river, eh? THIS, I can work with...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Guess my one minor quibble is that the Roma would either be the Cymbr or the Fhideli in Theah instead.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Legauche » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Guess my one minor quibble is that the Roma would either be the Cymbr or the Fhideli in Theah instead.

Indeed. My old 7th Sea books are either in Deep Deep Storage or got lost in one move or another, and trying to find any definitive reference to a Gypsy culture has proven maddingly elusive. I just decided to roll with the Roma reference and request indulgence and the right of Self-Edit once I straighten things out. And the thing is, it's really pretty much a cosmetic thing - I don't really expect or plan on any benefits from that side of Legauche's bloodline. The exotic stuff comes from the "vanilla" side. The idea of a gypsy side just popped up early in the character creation and just wouldn't let go.
Legauche

Postby Legauche » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:56 pm

kenderleech wrote:Welcome to the underground sorcerors club! Heres your card *hands you nothing* we meet never, and dont talk about it.

Talk about what? I'm not a filthy sorcerer! P-too! P-too! See? I am an honest man who makes an honest living with an honest blade! See? *swings sword about*
Legauche

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira