Joecrak's Character: Kitanya Dubrovna

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Joecrak's Character: Kitanya Dubrovna

Postby joecrak » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Kitanya Dubrovna
Ussuran Ballerina/Pyrate

Arcana: Over-Confident

Traits [56]
Brawn ●● Finesse ●●● Wits ●●● Resolve ●● Panache ●●●

Swordsman School: Rogers [25]
- Bind (fencing) ●; Corps-a-corps ●●; Disarm (fencing) ●; Expliot Weakness (Rogers) ●

Pirate Trick: Death from Above

Advantages: [36]
Linguist [2], Showmanship [5], University [4], Stunning Appearance [10], Pain Tolerance [3], Toughness [3], Citation [4], Syrneth artifact: Grinning Armband [2]; Left-handed [3]

Languages: [8]
- Ussuran (N) [0], Avalon [1], Castille (R/W) [3], Montaigne [2], Vodacce [2]

Civil Skills: [8HP] [24 xp] (underlined represents Synch)
Acrobat [1]: Balance ●●●, Footwork ●, swinging ● [2xp], leaping ● [2xp], break fall ● [2xp], contortion ● [2xp]
Courtier [1]: Etiquette ●●●, Fashion ●●, Dancing ●●●●, Oratory ●●●, Mooch ● [2xp]
Bard [1]: Etiquette ●●●, History ●, Oratory ●●●, Singing ●●, Riddles ● [2xp], Sidhe Lore ● [2xp]
Performer [1]: Acting ●, Dancing ●●●● [1HP] [8xp], Oratory ●●●, Singing ●●, Storytelling [2xp]
Servant [1]: Etiquette ●●●, Fashion ●●, Menial Tasks ●, Unobtrusive ●
Riverboat Pilot [1]: Balance ●●●; Knot work ●●, Rigging ●●, River Navigation ●
Sailor [1]; Balance ●●●; Knot work ●●; Rigging ●●, Climbing ●●

Martial Skills [3]
Dirty Fighting [0]: Attack (Dirty Fighting) ●
Fencing [0]: Attack (Fencing) ●● [1], Parry (Fencing) ●
Firearms [2]: Attack (firearms) ●●

Backgrounds:
Hunted [3]: Hunted by her jilted betrothed that she fled from rather than marry. [to be fleshed out in Backgrounds section] (I know there is a betrothed background, but It just sounded like Hunted fit my idea better)
Romance [1]: Her former Pyrate Captain

I believe that all checks out? Working on detailing the Backgrounds in appropriate forum.
Last edited by joecrak on Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joecrak

Re: Joecrak's Character: Kitanya Dubrovna

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Totals look correct, just a couple of details
1) total number is 140 HP. So I'm guessing you have an Arcana? (just didn't see it written there. Note you don't need to write it down, We'll just need to know it at the table).
2) We play that Read Write Native language still costs you 1 point (even with Linguist)

So other than those two, you're all set!

Now I just need your background write up and I'll be all set to tortu...er RUN BACKGROUND ADVENTURES for you ;)

(and Hunted rather than betrothed is just fine with me. Just remember what you write should be from your hero's perspective. So no telling me what the bad guy is up to, though you're free to tell me what you think he or she is up to.)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby joecrak » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:53 pm

Doh, thought I had it written down.

Okay, I was worried/confused about the Read/Write Linguist thing, mostly in regard to Native language. I figured it balanced out due to the phrasing of the advantage?

(Minimum 1 point, unless it starts at cost of 0) So Ussuran costs 0, but adding literacy raises it to 1, but Linguist lowers it back down to 0?

If I can't R/W Ussuran, that's fine. Less backwards R's to deal with.

And yea, I think I tried to detail the background from my point of view in the Background forum. But any questions would be great to better flesh out stuff.
joecrak

Postby salamanca » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Arcana is overconfident. It's literally the third line.

And one more grinning armband joins the campaign. Welcome to team "Spiderman". I like the concept of ballerina. Nobody has done that one yet.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby joecrak » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:37 pm

salamanca wrote:Arcana is overconfident. It's literally the third line.

And one more grinning armband joins the campaign. Welcome to team "Spiderman". I like the concept of ballerina. Nobody has done that one yet.

To be fair, I edited my post after the initial comment.

Thanks! I expect to shout "WEB SWING!" as i swing by and kick people.

I've been wanting to try the Ballerina idea for a while. Another time I tried the Flamenco dancer with the Torres school.
joecrak

Postby joecrak » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:38 pm

More in depth bio

Kitanya Dubrovna’s family was not one of wealth, so when they sought to send their youngest daughter to the Ballet Academy, they needed a financial backer for this schooling. Even in her youth her beauty was known throughout their home town, and to their good fortune, Piotr Moldova, a wealthy nobleman in search for a future bride for his own Son, Mikhail. Keeping this arrangement from their daughter, they ushered her off to the Academy, where she worked painstakingly to impress her instructors, and fellow students. She made some rivals, and scant few friends in her time at the Academy, and it was not until Tatyana Alisoff, brought up the arranged marriage, in an effort to humble her school rival, that Kitanya found out about her ‘romantic’ future.

At the moment, she had thought little of this arranged marriage, this was to be her duty to her family for what was afforded her, her chance to study her dream, to hone her talent. Then she met Mikhail, when he took it upon himself to visit her at the Academy. He put on a pleasant face before, her, but she had seen his cruelty towards the servants, towards other dancers, and to her best friend Sasha Maltsev.

She knew that she could not stand to marry this cruel imitation of a man, so she conspired with Sasha to flee the Academy, and the reach of the Moldova’s. Stealing herself away in the night from the Academy, she made her way to the river, and stowed away upon one of the ships heading towards the sea.

Regardless of her current situation, she often gets nervous around others from Ussura, fearing they might be an Agent of the Moldova’s, to drag her back to fulfill her duty, and to punish her for fleeing.

In her effort to flee her past, Kitanya offered her services upon the first ship leaving Ussura that she found, The Catspaw, Captained by an Avalon woman, Jessica 'Jez' Rowlands. Over the span of time togetehr on the ship, a bond formed between the captain, and the young recruit. Jez took it upon herself to train young Kitanya in the way of the seas, and that of a 'Pyrate'. It was exciting, alluring, and freeing all at once. Jez taught her the way of Rogers, how to survive at Sea, how to take your enemy from above. She showed her that she could be and was more than just a dancer. Their time took them to Jez’s own home of Avalon, where Kitanya heard and saw such magical things. Talking animals were not uncommon in her home, but in here there was so much more. A realm that loved riddles as much as the mischievous Leshi of Ussura.

Sadly, that time had to come to an end. While in port at Altamira, in Castille, Kitanya returned to the dock to find the ship gone, and the young Ussuran left behind. Were it not for her studies under Jez, she'd be helpless in this city. Luckily she learned the basic skills to survive on her own.
joecrak

Postby joecrak » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Update from Origins

Played in Episodes 7 & 9, received the following

12 total xp

Interests

Explorer's society: 2
Invisible College: 2
Knights of Rose & Cross: 1
Los Vagos:

Contacts Earned

Gabino Colon de Soldano (Confidante who owes a favor)

Reputation: +1 (+ additional 1 due to showmanship) new total: 12

150 guilders

Cards: "i can make it!" & "Watch out behind you!"
joecrak

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:03 pm

As you really want to swashbuckle and since so many of the best buckle adventures are retired I am going to tell you this directly here.

Next year at Origins, you and I will work out a time slot around my ridiculous schedule and I will run either Episode 2 or 3 for you. We will grab a small handful of players in the campaign who get the swashbuckler aspect of things and it will be awesome. (and now I am envisioning a game where everybody has an armband on either of those adventures)
salamanca

Postby joecrak » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Oh. Wow. Thanks dude, that really means a lot.
joecrak

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:53 pm

Part of that offer is making sure you get a chance to see we do have some great adventure scenarios. Part is a chance to get you involved in a couple major NPCs, part is that I love those two adventures.

But part is that you just happened to show up in a wonder twins shirt and I find that ridiculous and awesome at the same time.
salamanca

Postby joecrak » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:08 pm

salamanca wrote:Part of that offer is making sure you get a chance to see we do have some great adventure scenarios. Part is a chance to get you involved in a couple major NPCs, part is that I love those two adventures.

But part is that you just happened to show up in a wonder twins shirt and I find that ridiculous and awesome at the same time.

Yea, I wore the other half of the twins later during the weekend.
joecrak

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:42 pm

You were that guy? Neat!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby joecrak » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:08 pm

XP Spend: 10 xp to take Dancing up to 5

Xp left: 2
joecrak

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira