Young's Character - Mikhail (Misha)

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Young's Character - Mikhail (Misha)

Postby Zhenn » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Okay, just to preface this a tad, I'm pretty new to this system and I've only played the once at GenCon Indianapolis 2015. I know this is really really last minute, but to be honest, I got a bit busy and forgot about this until a month or so ago and just now got around to it.

All I did was basically follow the template format, except I used the pre-made I was given at the convention and just added the 30 HP and noted the experience and such I received for that game (1st episode). I plan on doing the 2nd and 3rd this time using the flashback events so I don't burden any of the experienced with my floundering. =)

Mikhail aka Misha, Ussuran Knight

Brawn 3, Finesse 3, Wits 2, Resolve 3, Panache 3

Languages: Ussuran (N), Castille

Arcana: Reckless

Advantages: Pain Tolerance, Combat Reflexes, Large, Toughness

Athlete: Climbing 2, Footwork 3, Sprinting 3, Throwing 1, Swimming 2
*Hunter: Stealth 3, Survival 1, Tracking 2, Skinning 1, Ambush 1
Guide: Street Navigation 1, Ride 2, Tracking 2, Direction Sense 1

Swordsman School: Bogatyr
Lunge 3, Pommel Strike 3, Throw (heavy weapon) 3, Exploit Weakness 3

Heavy Weapon: Attack 3, Parry 3
Archer: Attack 3, Fletcher 2
Dirty Fighting: Attack 3, Throat Strike 2

Bought some basic equipment. Seems that people don't list that here. Nothing crazy, just tents and blankets and such plus a bow and a battle axe. Axe didn't seem to make a difference that I could tell, but figured it was better than the "poor" one I had... not sure that had any significance, but figured it looked cooler in my head. =)

Please let me know if I messed anything up. I'm far from well versed in this world or system.
Zhenn

Re: Young's Character - Mikhail (Misha)

Postby salamanca » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:14 pm

It looks fine from here. Don't worry about getting in the mix. It's cool to get the backstory from early adventures so you have a better feel for why some plot material may be happening or who someone is.

But we do have people that jump right in and are used to dealing with it. The character advancement is not steep so you will not be bogging them down with low stats if that is your worry.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Zhenn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:08 am

I only really play this at GenCon. I have a friend or two who are interested in the game, but to put it into our rotation would likely take years at the current rate and running time of campaigns still ongoing. =)

I like the idea of playing out the whole story, really. This would be my only living world campaign that has actually interested me. The RPGA was really boring, Pathfinder Society just had a goofy premise that I didn't enjoy. Shadowrun, I enjoyed playing, but the campaign rules were just... obtuse. I just like to play, not get bogged down in a lot of book keeping, and a lot of the players were high powered while I just brought my goofy tinkerer. I was remembered well for the laughs, but was confused by some of the power play I didn't even understand was possible.

ANYWAY, odd tangent aside, don't worry. I don't feel intimidated or anything, nor am I concerned about being behind the curve too much. I do want to catch up, and perhaps I'll skip ahead next time, but for now... I'm good with playing them all out while it's still possible. I think I got a little messed up on my tickets with availability, I believe I have my event order backwards, but I'll figure it out. =)
Zhenn

Postby salamanca » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Well, that is all fine with us as long as you enjoy the game.

Domingo Gigante is also a great time to catch up with something.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira