THE GM PC

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

THE GM PC

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 pm

So the comments about OGC and whether or not I'd be making a character to play when/if Laura runs an adventure, got me to thinking, "Wouldn't it be fun to let all of you decide who/what I should play?" (not that I actually would, unless, for some reason, there were no way to get enough players without me)

So what do you all think I should "play?"

Markalicious
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: THE GM PC

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 pm

That's easy 'Licious!

Sal has beat you to the puch with a kid. So, that leaves you to blaze the trail with a geezer. You know, about early to mid-forties, about that time that all the action penalties seriously kick-in but before the wisdom accumulates.

Yeah, about your age. (From one who had felt those penalties accumulate already.)
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:26 pm

Lets start with your "no" list. NO R&C, you have done that. NO LV, you or I will need to run the society missions and we can't both play. NO fate witches, Laura is too easy on her sisters and I will just have the inquisition shoot you on sight. Just to keep balance, no vesten. No characters tied to your son. As to what you should play... CASTILLIAN bullfighter.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Rinaldo Degli Pruffi! :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 am

Well, you can't be Ussurian either, since your already playing that in our game. I don't know that I would want you to even be Castillian, either, too close to Don Miguel. I know you love Vodacce, but you've done that too, and a Priest at that.

I think you need to play a Montaigne noble that has been dis-inherited, has no other way to make money, other than to "find jobs", I think he should use Gaulle for his swordsmans school. Someone used to the refined life, that now has to work for a living.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote: I think you need to play a Montaigne noble that has been dis-inherited, has no other way to make money, other than to "find jobs"... Someone used to the refined life, that now has to work for a living.

What a great idea!!

I can just picture 'Liscious RPing it now: possibly with Debt-3 as a Background, and Trusting as a Hubris.

'Liscious: think of all of the fun you can have with it!
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Nope I got it. It's one of the following:. Cross-dressing pirate without a ship, avalon dipolamt with extensive colonial attitudes, released prisoner from La Bucca (who swears he was framed), vodacce lawyer, waisen.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 pm

salamanca wrote:Nope I got it. It's one of the following:. Cross-dressing pirate without a ship, avalon dipolamt with extensive colonial attitudes, released prisoner from La Bucca (who swears he was framed), vodacce lawyer, waisen.

If I play the lawyer, I guarantee I can own all the rights (in perpituity, of course) to every PC before the end of the session.

I love the released prisoner.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:56 pm

So, been thinking about this and the idea that's appealing to me now is kind of the anti-Miguel. Vodacce thief and murderer who's seen something. Whatever it was scared him enough to go straight, but for purely selfish reasons. So he'll do the right thing while grumbling about it and reminiscing about how " this wouldn't even have been a problem back in the old days..."

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Now what could a Vodacce have gone to prison for that would lead him to flee to Castille to avoid facing further consequences... I'm seeing a ton of possible backgrounds.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:20 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:So, been thinking about this and the idea that's appealing to me now is kind of the anti-Miguel. Vodacce thief and murderer who's seen something. Whatever it was scared him enough to go straight, but for purely selfish reasons. So he'll do the right thing while grumbling about it and reminiscing about how " this wouldn't even have been a problem back in the old days..."

You do realize, Markalicius, that if you play this character...you and I will have switched places. :?
Last edited by Klcp on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:05 am

Ahhh, Kara. But when the chips are down and the going gets tough, will Elvira be as principled as Don Miguel?
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Don Miguel really is not that principled. He does have a habit of looking for fights and encouraging crime behind his conveniently turned back when it suits his needs.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:38 pm

salamanca wrote:Don Miguel really is not that principled. He does have a habit of looking for fights and encouraging crime behind his conveniently turned back when it suits his needs.

A failing common to most Knights I would wager. But in my defense I did spend several years trying to catch them...

EDIT: and let us not forget the horrible events of the GenCon Dry Dock...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 am

So again just for giggles, I wrote up Vinicio Calemberre (I think that's the last name, I don't have access to it right now). Based it mostly off the Castillian Thief template (but with enough changes I just went with the 130 pts to make my own character).

Gonna let Laura go over it to see if I was cheating or not :twisted:

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Look close, he is usually off by 5-10 points to his advantage. (all the templates were). Normally he also misses one synergy on knacks too.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:Ahhh, Kara. But when the chips are down and the going gets tough, will Elvira be as principled as Don Miguel?

Just wait, you might be surprised. She probably won't be as pompous and charismatic as her nephew, however it IS likely that she will hold to her principles in every situation. (I just have to memorize them OoG first)
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Klcp wrote:
Sister Sonya wrote: She probably won't be as pompous and charismatic as her nephew, however it IS likely that she will hold to her principles in every situation.

Pompous? Hey now, Miguel's not pompous. He really is that good.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 am

*Sniffle* Had two full tables, so no need for my Vodacce to come out and play :(

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 am

You mean he had to GM instead?
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 am

He GM'd the first game, I gm'ed the second game. He thought 5 people were enough, but he helped out a new player learn the game while I ran, so he was busy.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:42 pm

One new player kept you busy... Slacker. In my day, we taught a whole table of beginners and ran the thing to. And we liked it.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:40 pm

[threadjack]We had to use bolt washers (cause pennies were too expensive) to generate random numbers, and we were GRATEFUL![/threadjack]

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:46 pm

So, back on topic, here's the character I was talking about...
Vinicio Calebresse
Traits
Brawn ●●○○○ Finesse ●●●○○ Wits ●●●○○ Resolve ●●○○○ Panache ●●●○○ Reputation: -10

Advantages:
University (of Hard Knocks), Left-Handed, Combat Reflexes, Lightning Reflexes, Patron Saint (St. Corvus), Small, Scarovese, Scoundrel, Swordsman’s Guild

Arcana: Reckless

Languages:
Vodacce (N), Castille
Swordsman School

Ambrogia: (Fencing Sword and Main Gauche)
Feint ●●○○○ Pommel Strike ●●○○○ Riposte ●●○○○ Exploit Weakness ●●○○○
Apprentice Ability:
Negates the off-hand penalty when using a main gauche or dagger
May choose to do +2 damage by twisting weapon as you hit
Skills and Knacks

Athlete:
Climbing ●●○○○ Footwork ●●●○○ Sprinting ●○○○○ Throwing ●○○○○
*Dirty Fighting:
Attack (Dirty Fighting) ●●●○○
*Fencing:
Attack (Fencing) ●●●○○ Parry (Fencing) ●●●○○
Knife:
Attack (Knife) ●●●○○ Parry (Knife) ●●●○○
Criminal:
Gambling ●○○○○ Shadowing ●●●○○ Stealth ●●●○○
Guide:
Climbing ●●○○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○ Survival ●●○○○
Urchin:
Stealth ●●●○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○ Survival ●●○○○
Servant:
Etiquette ●○○○○ Fashion ●○○○○ Menial Tasks ●○○○○ Unobtrusive ●●●○○
Streetwise:
Socializing ●○○○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○
Spy:
Shadowing ●●●○○ Stealth ●●●○○
Acrobat:
Balance ●●●○○ Footwork ●●●○○

Equipment and Starting Money

1 Set of Poor Clothes
1 Poor Fencing Sword

10 G Starting money/ 0 G per month

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: THE GM PC (SPOILERS!!!)

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:56 am

Alright a roleplaying note to self for this character. Make sure that it's clear Vinicio is trying to be a hero but that he's unsure of how, exactly, to do that. Follow others' lead even if you think they're foolish (remember you tried your way and it was not only unsuccessful, but very nearly got you killed, or worse...).

Buy the butchers apprentice a new dog...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira