A Question For Those in Secret Societies

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

A Question For Those in Secret Societies

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:32 am

If you are in a secret society, when you go into the "The "Heroes" of Altamira" forum, you should see a forum specific to your society. I know it works because one of you already posted there. But because of the way it works, I have to give you each permission individually. So I may have forgotten some. If you are a member of any society and you cannot see a sub-forum for it above, let me know and I will fix it right away.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: A Question For Those in Secret Societies

Postby salamanca » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:17 pm

I cannot see any of them but I am unaffiliated so I assume access is currently denied as it should be.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Hmmm. I thought it would have given you access to all by virtue of your Moderator status. I'll have to look into that.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:56 am

Well, I don't have mod status, and I can't see them, so working ok from my view. :D
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby yves vincene » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:01 pm

I saw my secret society page :)
"We can team up!"

"I'm just doing the right thing"
yves vincene

Postby Cestus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Are those that are eligible going to be contacted in game or out of game on the forums?
Cestus

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Cestus wrote:Are those that are eligible going to be contacted in game or out of game on the forums?

Short answer: Neither
Longer answer: seeking out secret societies to join is entirely up to you. So unless you want to wait until you hit the magic 125 Rep so the secret society will seek you out and offer you membership (PHB, p.121) you're going to have to go find them.

I'd always envisioned this campaign as one for self-motivated players. So it may be that there are people right now who are eligible for membership, but unless they get the ball rolling, I'll just assume they aren't interested...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Cestus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:42 pm

That was kinda what I was thinking, thanks!
Cestus

Postby salamanca » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 am

There are, however, many situations that will reflect in good or bad favor with the society in every adventure. And your decisions in those situations will effect your chances.
salamanca

Postby Harliquinn » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:01 pm

And if we are already members by virtue of selecting it at character generation and in our backgrounds? :)
Harliquinn

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Harliquinn wrote:And if we are already members by virtue of selecting it at character generation and in our backgrounds? :)

John can you see the ES sub forum when you click on "Heroes" of Altamira?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
Harliquinn wrote:And if we are already members by virtue of selecting it at character generation and in our backgrounds? :)

John can you see the ES sub forum when you click on "Heroes" of Altamira?

I just checked your permissions and you should be able to see it. So I think you're all set.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Fri May 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Okay, this may be a silly question (or two).....

How many points of interest do you need to have in order to join a secret society?

And once that interest level is reached, is it 15 XP to join (since it costs 5 HP at hero creation)?

It's late, my brain is a bit sluggish, and I couldn't find a specific reference to this in the handbook.

Thanks!
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 20, 2017 12:51 am

CaitlinCallahan wrote:Okay, this may be a silly question (or two).....

Only silly question is the unasked one. ;)

CaitlinCallahan wrote:How many points of interest do you need to have in order to join a secret society?
Short Answer: not tellin'
Long Answer: n o t t e l l i n' ... Seriously though, I've always envisioned this campaign as a self-starter kind of thing. While there IS a number that will get you an automatic invite if you seek them out, its more about whether membership is valuable to you. I mean they're rarely going to just toss you out, but they may need to see a bit more work before you get an invite. Though I can say that most folks who've been interested have either gotten an invite right away or had to do a favor or so first... Just sayin'

CaitlinCallahan wrote:And once that interest level is reached, is it 15 XP to join (since it costs 5 HP at hero creation)?
No cost. You paid for it with your actions and your time.

CaitlinCallahan wrote:It's late, my brain is a bit sluggish, and I couldn't find a specific reference to this in the handbook.
There isn't one. I wanted folks to decide for themselves if they wanted to pursue this.

Hope that helps.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat May 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Okay, sooooo.....(and by the way, spellcheck wanted to replace sooooo with sociopolitical), I should be on the path for Los Vagos then, since pursuing them was my PA last year. :-)
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Depends on how you pursued them.

If your other campaign actions and friendships with certain players are in line with their goals, they may want you.

If you have been hanging around with a bunch of Montaigne nobles, excommunicated priests and known Inquisition snitches... Maybe less friendly interest applies.

And for the record, the jury is still out on how they feel about Ussurans.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed May 24, 2017 7:01 pm

salamanca wrote:And for the record, the jury is still out on how they feel about Ussurans.

Can you blame them? ;)

On a serious note, I guess I'm looking for confirmation that I'm moving in the right direction. I don't believe any of my points of interest are negative, and my PA last year was to actively solicit their attention, and complete a task for them.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 25, 2017 7:24 am

CaitlinCallahan wrote:I guess I'm looking for confirmation that I'm moving in the right direction.

Aw now, that would be spoiling things...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Thu May 25, 2017 9:09 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
CaitlinCallahan wrote:I guess I'm looking for confirmation that I'm moving in the right direction.

Aw now, that would be spoiling things...

Fair enough. ;)
CaitlinCallahan

As a "provisional" Patron of the Rose & Cross...

Postby Legauche » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:27 pm

...do I qualify for the R&C board?

Legauche
Legauche

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Legauche wrote:...do I qualify for the R&C board?
Legauche

Sorry Patrick, I forgot to respond to this. Unfortunately no. While you are a patron, that doesn't give you a glimpse behind the veil.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Goliath » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 pm

OH! I suppose I should get on the R&C board.
"Theus damnit....I'm too sober for this!"
"You...c'm'ere....I'm gonna show ye a trick." cracks knuckles
Goliath

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:26 pm

yes, yes you should.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira