Poxo's Character:Grimnar Borison, Skald, Skjæren, Keg Slayer

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Poxo's Character:Grimnar Borison, Skald, Skjæren, Keg Slayer

Postby Poxo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:24 am

Grimnar was born to the Enhedsfolk tribe on the island of Soroya. He was raised amongst the whalers of the ports but in the calling of his ancestors of Skalds and Skjærens. He learned Lærdom from his father who in turn learned it from his father who learned it from his father and so on. To say he is in Altamira because of some grand scheme or wealth would be a lie as he is just looking for a story.

He has several stories on how he lost his eye. Sometimes it's how he lost it to the skeletal creature that guarded a horde and other times it's how he dropped it in a well underneath a tree in a cave somewhere in the Vesten islands thus trading it for wisdom. No matter which story is true, it seems his senses are all the keener.

His axe which he is hardly seen without is an ancient item with the rune of Styrke permanently inscribed on it. While many would call him crazy over it, he says the spirits talk to him to tell him its true name of Eydís. His stories on how he found it all revolve around how he visited The Ninth Island, finding an ancient hoard and defeating its guardian.

Though one thing must be said about any of his stories. Wither or not they are true, exaggerations, or just stories, he speaks them all with a smile to any who will listen and gives off the impression of his own belief in them.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

The following is his Vesten Rune Spread. I am just using this as a basis of story with no mechanical benefits. Also for possible basis for Future PA.

What shall be his Beginning? Velstand: You found a treasure from an ancient Vestenmannavnjar raider.

What shall be his Journey? Uvitenhet: For the last few months, you have been receiving unsigned letters in an unfamiliar hand. They tell of a journey made, an encounter with a merchant vessel, and an island where the booty was hidden.

What shall be his Destination? Nød: Finding the one you are looking for may be the last thing you do.
Last edited by Poxo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Poxo

Re: Grimnar Borison, Skald, Skjæren, Keg Slayer

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:57 am

I actually saw this as it was being made. I especially love the rune on the eyepatch. Welcome back Grimnar!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Poxo's Character:Grimnar Borison, Skald, Skjæren, Keg Sl

Postby Poxo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 am

Let it be known I am now able to do Permanent runes. I am only aloud to have 3 out at a time. My current list of known runes is as follows:
  • Bevegelse - +2 unkept dice to any social interaction.
  • Grenselos - All bindings and shackles fall off
  • Kjott - +2 unkept dice to resist attempts to fool or beguile you through magic or mundane means. Total immunity to the Varsel (Omen) rune.
  • Sterk - +5 to your passive defense TN.
Poxo

Re: Poxo's Character:Grimnar Borison, Skald, Skjæren, Keg Sl

Postby salamanca » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 am

Admitted heresy... Noted. I shall remember to inform the priests on sunday about the scary, one-eyed man.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira