Steve's Character: Alejandro Aldana de Soldano

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Steve's Character: Alejandro Aldana de Soldano

Postby smafdi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:14 am

With the successful end of Origins 2012 I figured I should finally make some sort of post on the boards.

Alejandro Aldana de Soldano from Castille

Brawn 3
Finesse 5
Wits 2
Resolve 3
Panache 3

Languages: Castille (r/w), Montange, Vodacce
Arcana: Overconfident
Advantages: Soldano Blades, Combat Reflexes, Noble, Los Vagos (5)

Skills:

Courtier: Dancing 1, Ettquette 1, Fashion 1, Oratory 1
Fencing: Attack 3, Parry 4
Athlete: Climbing 2, Footwork 3, Sprinting 1, Throwing 1

Apprentice to the Soldano School of Swordsmanship
Double Parry 1, Tagging 3, Whirl 2, Exploit Weakness (Soldano)

Cards I currently have: I can make it!, You Sir Are a Coward!, I read about this once..., You killed my Mother Prepare to Die!, I know right where we are!, I know your Secret!

Time for the part where i ramble about for a bit.

Alejandro is a self stylized playboy with a weakness for a pretty lady and a nice hat. Being of noble birth he only accepts the finest in clothing and wine (at least as far as he can tell). He is also just a tad sure of himself, just enough to get him into trouble. Every. Single. Time.

Alejandro was the firstborn son to Don Fernando Soldano de Soldano and his wife Dona Teresa Aldana de Soldano. He is very protective of his only (known) sibling, his sister Angela Aldana de Soldano. While growing up he really wasn't interested in the subtler arts of being a noble, but he was fascinated with the sword. Alejandro would skip the lessons his mother deemed "important" to pursue the sword.

Don Fernando is well known across Castille as a fair and reasonable man. If you deal with Fernando you will get a fair price. One thing he is not known for is his fidelity. While family comes first, he has an eye, and hands for the ladies. There are unconfirmed reports of Alejandro having several sibling across many nations.

Being a member of a prominent noble family Alejandro has had the greatest of tutors available to him and he has skipped almost every lesson possible. He has learned to speak a few languages near the borders of his homeland, and can order a drink in almost any civilized language.

After becoming of age and showing no sign of being competent enough to take over the family business his father instead told him to travel the world. After a couple years traveling around the different nations he has developed a vast hatred of the Montaigne. Incidentally this has also led him to looking into Los Vagos. Being a fan of El Vago for years and his righteous crusade against the Montaigne he stumbled across a small cell and petitioned to join. **(really haven't fleshed out the los vagos part yet play with that how you will)**
Having set his sights on learning more about Los Vagos he has followed rumor of a sighting of El Vago in the city of Altamira.
smafdi

Re: Steve's Character: Alejandro Aldana de Soldano

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:28 pm

He also has a nickname.... but I will let somebody else share that.

Good to have you here, Steve. Hoping we can figure out a way to shorten the gap between meet ups to play.

Alejandro is also Romeo's third favorite grown up in Altamira. (sorry but Rafael bought me tamales)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:48 pm

salamanca wrote:(sorry but Rafael bought me tamales)

And Sangria...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 am

Dang! I guess I'll have to find some way to buy back Romeo's favor.

Outside of GenCon what other cons do you hit up? Anything that's not too far away depending on when in the year it is Amanda and I might try to hit this year. After I fix my car of course :|
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:06 pm

We do Total Confusion (In Mansfield, MA) in late Feb. Then Origins. Next OGC - Open Gaming Convention (In Nashua, NH) in Late July. Finally, GenCon. You can find out all about it on the main Site's Conventions Page http://www.guildofsanmarcos.net/conventions.html
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Steve, did I ever run through the points stuff for your character? I ask because I see a 5 Finesse (max for beginning Castillian characters is 4, 3 base +1 for Nationality bonus) and a 4 for Parry (max is 3 for beginning characters).

Even with xp for all 4 adventures and the PA (total 30 xp) I'm pretty sure sure you couldn't have purchased both (5 Finesse, 25 xp; 4 Parry, 8 xp)

Don't know how I could have missed this otherwise...

Mark

EDIT: And I also notice you have 6 cards. You should only be getting one for each event, not including PA (so a total of 4)

EDIT 2: DOH! Nevermind... (about the cards that is)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:41 pm

His cards are there for a reason and you handed them to him and I know why. (i'll message you the reason).
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby smafdi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:56 am

Sorry for taking forever to check and reply to you Mark, been busy work and such. I'm pretty sure you went over the points when I made my char at Origins 2011. When I get home I'll go back over all my sheets to make sure I didn't make a math error. It's entirely possible I made a mistake.
smafdi

Postby smafdi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:43 am

Here's the breakdown of the exp I have on my sheets.
Ep:1 - 6
Ep:2 - 6
Ep:3 - 7
Ep:4 - 6
PA: Laughing Cavalier - 4
PA: Haughty Conquistador - 4
-----------
Total Exp gained 33
Spent 8 on parry 4, 25 on Finesse 5
Zero Exp left.
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 am

Yup Ima dope. You're all set!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira