Antonio's Character: Jean Francois Rois et Reines du Rogne

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Antonio's Character: Jean Francois Rois et Reines du Rogne

Postby Amaximumace » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Lieutenant 1st Class Jean Francois Rois et Reines du Rogne of The Emperor's Musketeers

Traits [56]
Brawn ●●○○○ Finesse ●●○○○ Wits ●●●○○ Resolve ●●○○○ Panache ●●●●○

Swordsman School: Valroux [25]
- Double-Parry ●○○○○ Feint ●○○○○ Tagging ●○○○○ Exploit Weakness (Valroux) ●○○○○

Advantages: [32]
- Commission [4], Large (Tall) [5], Toughness [5], Legendary (Panache) [3], Noble [10], Musketeer [4], Specialty (Firearms) [1]

Arcana: Arrogant [-10]

Languages: Montaigne, Castille [1]

Skills and Knacks: [14]
- Athlete: Climbing ●○○○○ Footwork ●●●○○ Sprinting ●○○○○ Throwing ●○○○○ [2+2]
- Fencing: Attack ●●●○○ Parry ●●●○○ [0+4]
- Knife: Attack ●○○○○ Parry ●●●○○ [0+2]
- Firearms: Attack ●●●○○ [0+2]
- Courtier: Dancing ●○○○○ Etiquette ●○○○○ Fashion ●○○○○ Oratory ●○○○○ [2+0]

Puzzle Sword: [10] Garotte Hilt, Pistol Hilt, Eager Blade

Background: [2] Hunting: The search for Ysabette Montaigne

Weapons:
2 Musket Pistols
1 Main Gauche
1 Puzzle Sword

Clothing:
This man wears only the most expensive and extravagant clothing...making sure to keep the emblem of The Emperor, the colours of The Musketeers, and the sigil of the Reines Family on him at all times. When this man enters a room, people take notice...for better or for worse.

The Rois et Reines du Rogne family has served the Emperor faithfully for years and no other noble house is more loyal to his Imperial Majesty than the noble House Rois et Reines du Rogne. Led by its wise and vigilant matriarch, Therese Rois et Reines du Rogne, the House has come to great standing and even commands the awesome power of the Emperor’s finest: The Musketeers. This is the noble family that Jean Francois Rois et Reines du Rogne was born in and belongs to.
Francois, which is the name he goes by, has not only had the luck to be born into this great family but has also had the good fortune of becoming one of Therese’s favorite, most beloved relatives. From his early childhood, he was handpicked by Therese herself to attend exceptional schools specializing in the art of warfare, leadership, and nobility. His love for Therese, loyalty to his house, and, most important of all, zealous fanaticism in the Emperor has led Therese to see him like her own son. As expected of him, he joined the Musketeer order as soon as he was of age and excelled in every mission assigned to him. He quickly rose to become one of the highest ranked musketeers in the order, answering only to his cousins (one who is the Captain of the Order), his matriarch, and his Emperor.
Montaigne has currently found itself in a war that it did not start but intends to finish. The unholy zealots to the south attacked the just and honorable Emperor for exercising his divine right to rule. For this, the empire will see that they drown in their blood. This won’t be hard to accomplish. Montaigne occupies more than a third of their country, the Inquisition openly attacks its own citizens, and the Castillians are led by a puppet king. All one needs to do is grab those strings and the rest of the country will follow suit.
This is the perfect opportunity for Francois to pursue his dream of finding and wedding the beautiful yet rebellious Ysabette Montaigne and tie his family closer to the Emperor’s. This won’t be easy though. Ysabette is…independent, stubborn, and unruly. But this will not stop Francois. He knows that another union with the Montaigne family will almost certainly guarantee the favoritism of the Emperor himself and might even link both families permanently.
Rumors are that Ysabette has become a pirate and forsaken her land, family, and father. Though her crimes are punishable by death, her royal blood forever pardons her and Francois is with hope that she can be brought back into the fold. With Therese’s blessing, Francois is to find the Emperor’s daughter, make sure she is unharmed and return her to the safety of the capital…and if it so happens that she comes back as a Reines, then even better.
Not long ago, while questioning a prisoner, Francois received the break that he had longed for…a witness as to how and where Ysabette traveled when she fled from Montaigne. This information has been kept confidential and only his cousin, the Captain of the Musketeers, and Therese, their Matriarch, know these facts. Information is dangerous…especially in these days. If the other families suspect anything, they may attempt to challenge the superiority of the Reines or even try to taint their relationship with the Emperor. This cannot happen! Francois must do this alone. The Musketeers will stay in Montaigne and keep the peace...one way or the other.
In order to find Ysabette, Francois must leave his beloved Montaigne and travel to the city of Altamira and track down this witness: a woman who owns a store that is used as a front for illegal activity. Altamira is currently held by the Castillians but with patience, skill, and the influence of men such as Francois, this city will soon be part of the glorious empire. Though Francois has been advised against attracting attention to himself (a task almost harder than finding Ysabette herself) he has been granted the authority of “any means necessary”.
Francois has never failed. He doesn’t know how to fail. He doesn’t know the meaning of the word failure. Perchance this is exactly why he was chosen for this mission. Ysabette’s life is paramount…even more important than Francois’s…and he knows this. He will not allow himself to go back without her and if she dies…well…that won’t happen. Francois will fight for her to the death…to him there is no greater glory than that. Francois has always been a warrior and a soldier. He learned how to die a long time ago.
Last edited by Amaximumace on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amaximumace

Re: Antonio's Character: Jean Francois Rois et Reines du Rog

Postby spizio » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:09 pm

As a Musketeer it is surprising that you do not have any attack skills for firearms.
spizio

Postby Amaximumace » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:36 pm

I really considered getting a skill in Muskets but I really wanted everything else listed so I am going to be getting that skill, along with many others, as I level. However, I may yet get a skill point back to put into muskets, seeing as I have two of them and one in my sword. You have a very good point. I will definitely sleep on it and I might pull a point from somewhere to get that musket skill. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Thanks for the comment, buddy! I will post any changes I make!!!
Amaximumace

Postby Amaximumace » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:56 pm

So it just makes sense. I am taking a point from my background and placing it as a Specialty : Firearms. That way, I can at least have a rank in attack. Thanks for the input. Definitely some great advice!!!
Amaximumace

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:13 am

The main-gauche is used to parry. See PG p.128 2nd edition.
Sister Sonya

Postby Amaximumace » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Yes, that's what I plan to use the Main Gauche for. My character will use the Valroux fighting style and fight/defend with a Puzzle Sword and defend with the Main Gauche.
Amaximumace

Postby salamanca » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:32 pm

What the good sister is getting at (but not directly saying) is that the Main-Gauche is considered a knife as far as mechanics are concerned. So you may want to shift your points from "Parry: fencing" over to "parry: knife".
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Amaximumace » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 pm

OOHHH! But can't I just parry with my sword instead? The reason I ask is because I will rely on my sword for absolutely everything. I will always have my sword with me and wanted to make sure that its parry was maxed out. The only reason I have the knack is because it came with the Valroux school. But everything else about Valroux, I love. I love the fighting style (taunting your opponent) and I love the Master perk (Increasing Panache by 1). I truly don't see myself using the Main Gauche that much really. Is there a disadvantage or something I am missing? Thanks to everyone for the info. You guys are great!
Amaximumace

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:19 am

Mechanically, you need both weapons on hand to use the Valroux abilities so there is no reason not to shift the parry over. But our vets would probably want to warn you that Mark and I are evil, evil men and would at some point stick you in a series of situations where you may not have your sword (and we are very good at stuff like that) so you may not want all your eggs in one basket. Plus it just looks silly to fight holding a little pointy thing in your offhand without any reason at all, somebody may very well taunt you about that.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:29 am

salamanca wrote:Mechanically, you need both weapons on hand to use the Valroux abilities so there is no reason not to shift the parry over. But our vets would probably want to warn you that Mark and I are evil, evil men and would at some point stick you in a series of situations where you may not have your sword (and we are very good at stuff like that) so you may not want all your eggs in one basket. Plus it just looks silly to fight holding a little pointy thing in your offhand without any reason at all, somebody may very well taunt you about that.

SHHHH!!! Why are you giving him advanced warning?!?! :twisted:
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Amaximumace » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:20 am

Ahh! I see!! You guys are awesome!!! OK, I'm going to think about how to get some points over to knife so that I can parry...hmmm.....
Amaximumace

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Psst..... Lip-reading. Buy it with xp.
salamanca

Postby Amaximumace » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:03 am

Salamanca....I'm going to go with that advice...it just makes sense!!!
Amaximumace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:39 am

salamanca wrote:Psst..... Lip-reading. Buy it with xp.

Amaximumace wrote:Salamanca....I'm going to go with that advice...it just makes sense!!!

STOP HELPING!!! ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira