Sal's character: Romeo

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Sal's character: Romeo

Postby salamanca » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:58 am

Seeing as I have most of 9 months left to finalize things for Origins, this is all still in rough draft, concept, form. Stuff and details will likely change. But this is my campaign character for this series. (unless I change my heart and write up one of the 4 others I designed last year when Mark started hinting around at this thing.

Romeo (that's pronounced "Roh-may-oh" if you were wondering) is a young lad of around 12 years of age. he has a home and relatively loving parents but has pretty much raised himself running around on the streets of Altamira for the last 6 years. he and his crew of young lads spent their days creating adventures for themselves fighting imaginary pirates, Eisen soldiers and other evil from their makeshift forts and treehouses scattered around the city. On real adventurous days, they built makeshift boats and sailed the banks of the river. They have had their run ins with various nasty characters in town over the years but nothing too scary.

A major event in his life was the "invasion" of Eisen. romeo and 4 other boys built a boat, bummed a sack of food from their mothers, gathered some wooden weapons and a makeshift castillian flag (made from a banner they tore from the Guild of San Marcos roof) and sailed across the river to invade Eisen. The boys set up a rough log fort on a hill across the river mounted their flag and claimed the north bank for Castille. They held their positin for 3 days until the food ran out and Ramon started to miss his family. The flag is still there.

Romeo knows the streets of Altamira very well (there are still a few back alleys he has never dared travel however) and most of the merchants and regular townsfolk. His specialty however is the rooftops the courier boys use to carry information and packages. He and the others compete to see who can clear the largest gap between buildings travel the furthest without taking to a street, and climb the quickest.

Now, at the ripe age of 12, Romeo is too big to spend his time playing with the children. He is now a "Man" in his opinion and must go out and become a real hero in his city. Or so he thinks.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: Sal's character: Romeo

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Just outa curiousity Sal, is Romeo going to have a background?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:56 pm

an official, statistically paid for background? Nope. He's just a kid. nothing has happened to make it background worthy. (and I like earning my xp the old fashioned way)
salamanca

Postby Pirated » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm interested. So does this "kid" have any special limitations for his physical skills? Are there child rules in 7th Sea? I was just curious. I guess you could just make him weak in that area and be fine.
Pirated

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:47 pm

No special bonuses/weaknesses for children, I'm pretty sure Sal's imagining a young boy on the verge of manhood and will develop stats accordingly. But rules-wise there aren't any.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Actually, Sal is planning on breaking a pile of established theories, wrecking the typical skill curve in a select set of areas and making up for it by being woefully incompetent in a number of key areas.

I am of course channeling the literary legacy of Red Chief, various boy wonders, the irregulars of a famous little street in London, and some lads named Finn, Sawyer and Pan. (not to mention Manny Delgado)

And despite Mark not making mention or asking about us doing so, I will post the stats when I get them done. (as an example of what can be done) Mostly because I figure the kid has little to play close to the vest with. At least in terms of stats.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Sal, I think you should have been involved with us, when Mark was running his PBEM game. Romeo would have fit right in, like a hand into a glove. 8-)
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:54 pm

It's a bad idea to put one's hand in the glove of a child. They tend to forget stuff in there, like gum and cooties.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:35 pm

You speaking from a personal experence? ;)
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 08, 2011 9:54 am

Reposting Sal's Character in the Heroes Section

Castillian lad named Romeo

Traits 56 points
Brawn ●●○○○ Finesse ●●●○○ Wits ●●●○○ Resolve ●●○○○ Panache ●●●○○ Reputation: 0

Advantages: 20 points
Home Neighborhood(2), Area Knowledge(3), University(2), Castillian Education (10), Los Vagos (unaffiliated) (3), Soldano Accent (0)

Arcana: Overconfident -10 points

Languages: 0 points
Castille, Vodacce, Thean (R/W)

Skills and Knacks 15 points + 47 points
Acrobat: 1+12
Balance ●●●○○ Footwork ●●●○○ Breakfall ●●●○○ Leaping ●●●○○ Rolling ●●○○○ Swinging ●●●○○
Athlete:2+5
Climbing ●●●○○ Footwork ●●●○○ Sprinting ●●●○○ Throw ●●○○○
Dirty Fighting:2+5
Attack (Dirty Fighting) ●●●○○ Attack (Improvised) ●○○○○
Fencing:2+
Attack (Fencing) ●○○○○ Parry (Fencing) ●○○○○
Firearms:2+1
Attack (Firearms) ●●○○○
Guide:1+9
Ride ●●○○○ Stealth ●●●○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○ Ambush ●●●○○ Direction Sense ●●○○○
Swimming ●●●○○
Spy:1+3
Shadowing ●●○○○ Stealth ●●●○○ Conceal ●○○○○ Sincerity ●●○○○
Streetwise:1+5
Socializing ●●●○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○ Shopping ●○○○○ Underworld Lore ●●○○○
Urchin:1+1
Stealth ●●●○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○ Survival ●○○○○ Conceal ●○○○○ Scrounging ●○○○○
Sincerity ●●○○○
Waylay: 2+6
Lie in Wait ●○○○○ Set Traps ●○○○○ Shadowing ●●○○○ Land on Target ●●○○○

Backgrounds: 2 pts.
Betrothed: To a young girl of the de Silva family. It’s an arranged marriage, they have never met.
(1 pt.)

Mask of El Vago: Romeo wore the mask of El Vago on a rooftop exactly once. He is convinced this
means he is next in line to be El Vago. (1pt.)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Harliquinn » Sun May 08, 2011 10:06 am

I love Romeo's background about El Vago!
Harliquinn

Postby salamanca » Fri May 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Just realized a change I can make that will add to both his cool factor and increase his general lack of skills most players feel are near mandatory without actually losing any planned usesor talents. If it works out, i'll post the adjustment.
salamanca

Postby Harliquinn » Sat May 14, 2011 11:27 am

The only skill I've ever considered "mandatory" for any 7th Sea character is Athletics :)
Harliquinn

Postby salamanca » Sat May 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Well, thanks to acrobat you can almost skip even that. But athlete and acrobat are this character's central abilities. I am officially dropping the firearms skill, redeploying the spent knack point to "throw" and spending the 2 points from the skill on a syrneth artifact. (grinning armband). I was only planning on using the gun skill for a grappling gun anyway. May as well just strap it to my wrist gain a discount on the TN and be done with it.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Oooooooohhhh...very nice!

(This sounds like a really cool character. I'll have to be careful not to kill him this time. ;))
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Sat May 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Don't think that has failed to cross my thoughts over the last 10 months and 23 days. I certainly will find cause before any personal agendas and drydocks... Naw, i'm kidding. That character was going nowhere. You did me a favor.
salamanca

Re: the wise one's character: Romeo

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:13 pm

It occurs to me that, in all this time, I still have no idea what Romeo's maternal and paternal family names are...

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I did not know for sure whay is last name was until I was en route to Origins. His father's last name is Rodriguez. I still reckon he is an older fellow (for having a ten year old). I am also sure that Romeo has at least one if not two older siblings that are long married and moved away. Romeo has very likely never met them but has heard of them. As for his mother, I did not figure it out until we were into the sunday session. I was thinking both parents were pretty much commoners and older thus leaving the lad to play and raise himself most of the day. But after it became obvious everyone knows Romeo's mother and with the betrothal I figured it out. ROMEO'S MOTHER IS SOME SORT OF LOW NOBLE. But she was disowned for marrying a commoner. She is forbidden from using her surname and Romeo has no idea what it is.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 pm

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:49 pm

He also has a middle name but only his mother ever uses it in "full name scolding mode" so he is not one to share it. I suspect it might be his maternal grandfather's name but Romeo has no clue about that. All I know is that it will get listed on the character sheet after it gets shouted at him during some future game session. (and the GM has created it)
salamanca

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira