Character Sheets for the LARP(s)

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Character Sheets for the LARP(s)

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Never too early to mention this (since very, very soon we'll be working on doing all the conversions). If you are planning on attending Origins 2014 and want to play in the 7th Sea LARP, Dave (as in the guy who WROTE the official 7th Sea LARP rules) has graciously offered to convert your characters over. BUT in order to do so, you MUST have your character posted here on The "Heroes" of Altamira forum. Now that doesn't just mean you started a thread for your character and talked about them (though we do like it when you do that) It means you post your character sheet. We need to see the numbers to get this done. Some of the folks who've posted here but don't have sheets up include:

Poxo (whom I doubt is going to make it to Origins, just pointing it out)
Cestus
Orianna
(Martin) msheaf1
Salamanca (though we may let him slide)
and (Mike) Sister Sonya

Remember, if you want to play your character (instead of one of the one's we'll be making up) you have to post it in this forum so we can get it changed over.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Character Sheets for the LARP(s)

Postby salamanca » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:25 pm

um, Salamanca will not be attending the LARP as a player. It takes place after Romeo's bedtime, he is grounded AND his family had other plans for that day.

short version, I cannot run the game, keep track of everyone participating, adjudicate all the mechanics, help out the LARP only players wondering about things, encourage the tabletop players not used to LARPing AND get anything done personally at the same time.

Besides, since I am writing the plot, it would be sort of cheating knowing how to solve everybody's problems.

AND IF YOU DON"T WANT YOUR STATS IN FULL VIEW: use the PM system. send them to me, but send them via the board. I get swamped in email daily from spambots trying to join the site AND garbage ad spam from the winter mall site (who thinks I need to know when they have a special ladies make up day or a kids fest event) Seriously, I see 100 junk emails a day and they blur together. so send them to me here on the board.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:55 am

salamanca wrote:I cannot run the game, keep track of everyone participating, adjudicate all the mechanics, help out the LARP only players wondering about things, encourage the tabletop players not used to LARPing AND get anything done personally at the same time.

Is Salamanca going to run the whole LARP by himself, or will he be accepting offers to assist him?

It's true that if he has help, then he can't bitch and moan that he is stuck doing it all by himself. But, if he has help, then he might have to relax and enjoy some of the highjinx more.

Now, some of us might be willing to help Sal out. Just sayin.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:26 am

Oh we have plenty of help, Laura and I will both be there (we are having a big ol' discussion about what needs to be done, and how to do it).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks for the offer Mike. But i'll handle the larp and as Mark mentioned he and Laura will be around. But two factors tell me that playing and running will not work. 1- mark and laura will be the first help I have ever had for the larp that will actually attempt to handle mechanics or read the mechanics. That said, I simply am done trusting anybody to actually be helpful. 2- I have read too many horror stories about playing GMs taking advantage of out of play info to wreck other players. If you want to do something, you need to trust I won't be using against you later to complete my own goals in game. To be totally honest, help or not, I will get swamped with resolving stuff most people go to the lead GM first and you also handle weird stuff the others are baffled by.
salamanca

Postby Harliquinn » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:58 pm

I'd like to play Aleksei :) I believe his original sheet is up but I can post an updated one after GenCon.

John
Harliquinn

Postby salamanca » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:04 pm

You were going to play Aleksei even if I had to drag you out of another event to do so. Just let me know when you have your stats updated.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:47 pm

A 7th Sea LARP run by Sal....looks like I'm gonna have to find a way to get to Columbus next year.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Harliquinn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Will do! I'm actually working on that tonight, trying to reconcile everything!~

John
Harliquinn

Postby Harliquinn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Character in my thread is updated. I have some unspent XP but I'm not sure where I want to put it yet. A lot of my spy type skills aren't being used much so I may raise an Attribute sometime.

John
Harliquinn

Postby salamanca » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Deb, be a dear and bring my younger "brother" along as well as your twin and the bearded sister that wears the short skirt. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PLAYERS: ATTRIBUTES CHANGING CAN VERY WELL CHANGE A LOT FOR YOU. If you are considering it, PM me and ask if it will alter your larp stats.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 pm

I will do what I can about your "brother", but my twin and the bearded sister will not likely be there - next year they will be celebrating their 5 year anniversary with a big trip (likely overseas), and will not be attending any cons. (If Floyd doesn't make it, it'll be an interesting 8 hour drive by myself - at least I'll have complete control of the music) :D
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:45 pm

put him in the trunk and you get the best of both worlds... muffled thumping company and control of the music.
salamanca

Postby spizio » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Dave I know this may be a little late to say this. If you have not converted Kerrin McIntosh you can skip her. I have 0 probability of being at Origins and am non-LARP compliant. No offence to those that enjoy them, but I have tried LARPing and did not enjoy the experience. It is one that I will not be repeating.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Scott,
We won't start converting them until, at least, after TotalCon next year. And I should probably make this more clear, playing the LARP is not required to understand what's going on with the main metaplot. This, much like a PA is just a side adventure that adds to the setting. (Oh and, as an aside, since Dave will be running it, we can, HOPEFULLY, entice some LARPers into joining the campaign).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:32 pm

I get where you are coming from, Scott. I hate playing larps too, it's why I run them. Far more fun to twist 100 players around each other than try and accomplish my own individual goals. But it is true that not everybody enjoys all styles of game as well. I am very much aiming this as a variant on the PA sidequest sort of thing. But am also trying to make sure the plotlines do advance Mark's plots without exposing too much or anything too vital because we don't want to leave out the players that cannot make it. It will be more about giving you all some insight into select NPC personalities, opening some options we think are not being utilized (mostly because we have not done much with them and assumed somebody would have jumped in during a PA on their own) and adding some unique flavor to my favorite location in the game. (all while pitting you against each other based on your backgrounds and personal interests).
salamanca

Postby spizio » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:10 am

My understanding of the LARP from the beginning was 1 part PA (for the HoA living campaign players) and 1 part general 7th Seas adventuring (for the mundanes). If having a LARP gives more opportunities to play in HoA for campaign players that is good. If playing in the LARP attracts mundanes to the campaign that is also good. I hope that all goes well and everyone participating enjoys themselves.

My main point was don't burn limited resources focusing on my character. There is no need to convert her or plan plot contingencies for her. From what Mark said it sounds like the message was delivered in time.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:47 am

Just thought I'd give one quick little shout out to those of you planning on attending. There are only 6 weeks left before Origins. NOW would be the time to update your character so we can get it converted for the LARP!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:28 am

Um, not to rain on your parade but the actual time to do that was BEFORE the deadline of TOTALCON. That is not to say that I won't make use of anything posted in the next week or so but once the formatting is done (and I am doing that now) i'm not going back in to shuffle numbers. For those that have not submitted, your stats will be based on the closest template (updated versions) to what I recall is your character. FOR THOSE THAT DID POST IN A TIMELY FASHION... Well, let's just say I will be adding a special bonus to your stuff. Not going to say what but it will be a slight advantage for you. (just my way of saying, thanks for the support). If you are a player and get closed out of the larp, your character will be waiting for you. Just show up with generics. I am gearing this to potentially cover all tickets PLUS you regular players.
salamanca

Postby Erik Rosenthal » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:43 am

For what its worth I updated Erik, nothing major changed aside from bumping his resolve up to 3 (from 2) and his Bind skill up to 3 (from 1).
Love is the greatest power in all of Theah. I don't understand why people are so intent on limiting it.
Erik Rosenthal

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:01 pm

The bind won't make a change in the conversion but the resolve would. And because it's you and because you are so nice to point out the EXACT change clearly and because you are one of my 18 favorites I will adjust that for you.
salamanca

Postby Erik Rosenthal » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:30 pm

*bows before his lord* Thank You very much sir! Would you like me to jump into the noose now or later?
Love is the greatest power in all of Theah. I don't understand why people are so intent on limiting it.
Erik Rosenthal

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Erik Rosenthal wrote:Would you like me to jump into the noose now or later?

Yes. ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby daundelyon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 am

I am trying to snag a few more friends to come along and play. Will there be pre-gen characters available or should I try and help them make their own?
*goes to double check that Ekaterina is posted*
~Alexandra
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:12 am

We have plenty, Plenty, PLENTY, of pre-made characters (and by "we" I mean Dave does). I mentioned elsewhere that we will run out of physical space in the room before we run out of characters to play.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira