Misroi's Character: Detlef Henzler

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Misroi's Character: Detlef Henzler

Postby Misroi » Tue May 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Detlef Henzler
Eisen Nobleman/Mercenary

Traits: Brawn ●●●○○ Finesse ●●●○○ Wits ●●○○○ Resolve ●●○○○ Panache ●●○○○

Arcana: Righteous

Backgrounds: Dracheneisen Heir 2, Vow (avenge family's murder) 1

Advantages: Academy, Dracheneisen (Minor Nobility- sorta), Indomitable Will, Membership - Rose & Cross, Toughness

Languages: Castille (r/w), Eisen (r/w), High Eisen, Vendel

Swordsman School: Eisenfurst
Beat (Heavy Weapon) ●○○○○ Bind (Panzerhand) ●○○○○ Disarm (Panzerhand) ●○○○○ Exploit Weakness (Eisenfurst) ●○○○○

Martial Skills:
Heavy Weapon: Attack (Heavy Weapon) ●●○○○ Parry (Heavy Weapon) ●○○○○
Panzerhand: Attack (Panzerhand) ●●○○○ Parry (Panzerhand) ●○○○○
Athlete: Climbing ●●○○○ Footwork ●●●○○ Sprinting ●●○○○ Throwing ●●○○○ Leaping ●○○○○
Commander: Strategy ●●○○○ Tactics ●●○○○
Fencing: Attack (Fencing) ●●○○○ Parry (Fencing) ●○○○○
Pugilism: Attack (Pugilism) ●○○○○ Footwork ●●●○○ Jab ●○○○○

Civil Skills:
Criminal: Gambling ●○○○○ Quack ●●○○○ Shadowing ●●○○○ Stealth ●●○○○
Courtier: Dancing ●○○○○ Etiquette ●●○○○ Fashion ●●○○○ Oratory ●○○○○
Servant: Etiquette ●●○○○ Fashion ●●○○○ Menial Tasks ●○○○○ Unobtrusive ●○○○○
Doctor: Diagnosis ●○○○○ First Aid ●○○○○ Quack ●●○○○ Surgery ●○○○○

Physical Description: sandy blonde hair, light blue eyes, 5'9", 174 lbs, age 27.

Background: see Background section - too long to repost here!
Last edited by Misroi on Tue May 17, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Misroi

Re: Detlef Henzler

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Hmm for some reason it's showing you have 0 pips in each of your swordsman knacks.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Regarding Dracheneisen Heir, I meant for it to look like this. You wanted a 6pt item which means you'd need to buy the Minor Nobility (20HP). Since you took Dracheneisen Heir 2 you can subtract 4HP off the cost (16HP) and you get the -5 bonus on Nobility.

Mark

(I was going to run through the points but I'll hold off until you decide what you want to do with this).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Misroi » Tue May 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Swordsman Knacks

Whoops - my bad. It's been awhile since I made a 7th Sea character, and only just this time through realized that Swordsman School Knacks are Advanced Knacks. As a result, I didn't put any points into it. I'm currently away from my books, but if I recall, I get each of them at Rank 1. If that's not correct, I'll fix that when I have access to my books again.

Re: Dracheneisen Heir

So, 16 points for Dracheneisen plus a five point rebate on Noble means I'm 11 points over. I'll have to do some refiguring - likely, dropping the two Advanced Knacks I have and reducing one of my Traits (probably Resolve). I'll redo and refigure tonight.
Misroi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Yup all Swordsman ranks at 1 for free

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 pm

yep one free rank for each swordsman knack so you start at 1 each.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Let me also point out, because this has come up in the past, that the "Noble" advantage means not only are you noble but that you are a noble in good standing (with money, property, servants, mansions, art, etc.). So characters who are noble but have lost their property (either cause their parents and brothers were burned along with it, or because they renounced it when they took the oath of the Knights of the Rose and Cross) do not need to take the "Noble" advantage (since they have none of the trappings).

Just sayin'. (Maybe that'll save you a couple of points without sacrificing the idea of the caracter) ;)

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Misroi's Character: Detlef Henzler

Postby Misroi » Tue May 17, 2011 8:26 pm

OK, after removing Noble and putting on Dracheneisen, I was 8 points over, at least by my calculations. Dropped my Resolve down to 2, which puts me right at 140HP w/ Hubris. I would have liked a higher Resolve, but one can't have everything.
Misroi

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira