Alexandra's Character-Ekaterina Allenova

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Alexandra's Character-Ekaterina Allenova

Postby daundelyon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Greetings! Another new player from GenCon checking in. Here's my basic sheet, minus the background, which I'm still working on-much easier now that I have a copy of the Ussura book.

Ekaterina Allenova
Ussuran
Traits
Brawn ●●●○○, Finesse ●●●○○, Wits ●●●○○, Resolve ●●●○○, Panache ●●●○○
Profession: Entertainer/Companion
Advantages
Linguist, Showmanship, Appearance (Above Average), Inheritance (violin, 500 g) Patron (10g/month)
Arcana
Star-Crossed
Languages
Castillian (R/W), Montaigne (R/W), Ussuran (R/W/N), Vodacce, Avalon
Civil Skills
Artist: Composer ●●○○○
Violin ●●○○○
Singing ●●●○○
Acrobat: Balance ●●●○○
Footwork ●●●○○
Circus ●○○○○
Courtier: Dancing ●●●○○
Etiquette ●●●○○
Fashion ●●●○○
Oratory ●●●○○
Sincerity ●○○○○
Performer: Acting ●●●○○
Dancing ●●●○○
Oratory ●●●○○
Singing ●●●○○
Disguise ●○○○○
Memorizing ●○○○○
Fortune Telling: Oratory ●●●○○
Palm Reading ●●○○○
Cold Read ●○○○○
Servant: Etiquette ●●●○○
Fashion ●●●○○
Menial Task ●○○○○
Unobtrusive ●○○○○
Gossip ●○○○○
Marital Skills
Fencing: Attack ●●○○○
Parry ●●○○○
Firearms: Attack ●○○○○
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Re: Alexandra's Character-Ekaterina Allenova

Postby MacShidhe » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:38 pm

A portrait of Alexandra's character. (Posted with permission)

7th Sea - Ekaterina Allenova - lo.jpg
MacShidhe

Re: Alexandra's Character-Ekaterina Allenova

Postby daundelyon » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:50 pm

I suppose I should explain a bit about how I came to be in such an odd place at such an odd time. After all, warm and sunny Castille is hardly the place you would expect to find someone from cold and frosty Ussurra, no?
I am from Pavtlow, the Gaius’ own city. My family comes from the ranks of the smerdi and vyeche, respectable people pursuing respectable lives. At least, for the most part. Every now and then, someone will get the itch to do better. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. For myself, I am still trying to figure it out.
My family has always been musically inclined. Since I showed signs of talent, I was given lessons in singing and violin from an early age. When I was around 14, I inherited my grandmother’s violin, and I have kept it with me ever since. I take a great deal of pleasure in music. It keeps me company when the nights are cold.
My other…talents…grew out of a certain amount of ambition. Because I was counted as fairly pretty and reasonably intelligent, my mother found me a place as a companion to a lady of a minor boyar family. I was expected to act as a sort of servant, fetching and carrying, reading aloud, and other such lady’s maid tasks. In exchange I received a bit of education in other languages and peoples. I must say, I was enjoying myself immensely.
After two years, the master of the house called me to his study and presented me with a question. He was being sent as part of a diplomatic envoy to Castille, and the family was going with him. He asked me if I wished to remain in service. I was somewhat taken aback, and cautiously asked what would be required of me. He told me that I would remain in a very similar position to the one I now held, with certain additions; I would be given training in weapons, along with certain other skills, in order to act as a sort of body guard and agent to his household. After a short period of thought I agreed.
Once in Castille, however, circumstances changed a bit. While I still serve as the lady’s companion at her request, I am also permitted my liberty to roam as I please, provided I keep the master’s family informed of my actions. This is part of an effort to make the people of Castille friendlier towards Ussurans in general. I am not a spy, far from it, but I do take note of gossip and hearsay. I try to make friends. While I do not know for certain, I suspect that this mission has the blessing of people much, much higher than those I nominally serve, which may provide some small measure of protection should I ever find myself in truly serious trouble. If this is what Matushka wishes for me, then it is what I will do, no matter how insane those around me may act. Still, I have become rather fond of some of my erstwhile companions.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira