Writing Progress

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Re: Writing Progress

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed May 30, 2018 12:11 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Forgot to say, 18 finished, LARP is getting it's final touches and I should be ready to go with over a week to spare (in case I get any last-minute background requests)

Is that a new record? ;)
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 am

Record for slow maybe. I usually have both adventures written before the new year. Only Dave's writing the PA has saved me from being under the gun.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:22 am

However, I should have added, LARP IS DONE!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:However, I should have added, LARP IS DONE!

Woo hoo!!!

Quite the accomplishment, since I know how much work the LARP is.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:10 am

I got inspired to be a bit quicker on the ball for next year's writing and did rough outlines of not one but two different versions of Episode 19.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:44 pm

PA for GenCon is finished, just going though editing now. Now onto the Nextwave adventure and the new Episodes 17 and 18

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Outlines for the new 17 and 18 are DONE!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Beginning the hard work (getting the actual adventures written). Have about a month to do them, then a month to playtest, then a month to make edits, then TotalCon. Sure no problem.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:37 pm

STOP THE PRESSES!
Dave called me last night with a bombshell idea. So I have scrapped the entirety of Ep. 18. And am now re-writing the outline. It's going to be SO much better. Thanks Dave!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:14 pm

And progress as of now, Act 1 (so Scenes I-III) of Ep. 17 now finished. That means I am a quarter of the way done. Good on me.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Ok so now almost 2/3 of the way through and I realized I kind of fibbed when I said Act 1 (scenes I-III) were finished. Apparently Ep. 17 is 3 Acts of 2 Scenes each. So Act 1 and half of Act 2 was finished. Now I that I am finishing up the next scene, Acts 1 & 2 are finished.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:05 am

1 more scene to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:30 am

Ep 18 Background is finished. Now onto the adventure!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 am

Woo! First two scenes of Ep. 18, Act 1 finished!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Ep. 18 is over half way done!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Writing Feedback