Time Line Question

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Time Line Question

Postby MacShidhe » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:52 pm

While doing some research to help me (finally) write up Bogdan's character history I discovered that General Montague began his retreat from Ussura on 26 Quartus. This puts it right around Episode 8. I'm guessing that news would travel fairly quickly through the Montaigne Nobility via Porte messenger and rumor but how soon would the Ussurans of Altimara know about it?

I know it probably won't affect any episodes directly but I'd like to know which episode Bogdan will be trying to do while drunk. :D
MacShidhe

Re: Time Line Question

Postby kenderleech » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:42 am

I dont plan on telling anyone.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:14 am

Well if we're getting technical, there is no official "date" for each adventure. In other words, the episodes could happen back to back (say on the 1st and 2nd) then have the rest of the month free, OR they could happen spaced out exactly half way (say on the 1st and 15th), or really anything in between*. So really the news can travel as fast or slow as you want it to.

Although, now that you mention it, it would probably be something being talked about during Ep. 10 (you'll see why when you play it).

*and lets not forget the PA events which take place somewhere in the month too (there are three and they'll each need a separate time since if you followed us to each of the cons you'd be eligible to play in all of them)...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:34 am

well, there is news and there is news.

my thoughts are this:

- Montegue retreats but he IS in the middle of Ussura which has no real system of communication.

-Somebody in that army has Porte and probably has been assigned to keep an eye on him for Leon. that guy vanished immediately to report in so Leon knows first. Mind you it's a Pr nightmare so he keeps it secret.

-word hits the Ussuran chain of command next so they get wind of it next and it probably takes a week to hit the capital. (early in the 5th month)

-Outlying scouts in Posen see the army approaching and they are really efficient for conveying information because Fauner demands that sort of thing. so they are well aware and prepped for the army on their doorstep before they reach the border. The armed response to this would be the big signal to any casual civilians.

- Castille and all the other powers would have agents monitoring that battle and they would have ridden/sailed as soon as the retreat was confirmed not to be a feint. The Vendel are closest so the guilds will know as soon as Posen did. the Crescent horses are the fastest and will just edge out the eisen from finding out followed by Castille. the Avalon powers because of distance will take a little longer for word to reach them.

-the military movements by posen would trigger word by way of merchant trade coming out of eisen towards northern vodacce and Castille. but that is going to take the time required to sail down river while making stops. so at least 2 and a half weeks from the incident.

So it depends on who you are. for a guy like Bogdan, rumors might start getting heard during a PA session in year 5 and likely around episode 10 maybe episode 9 if there is an NPC that would have reason to know and share the information. (say you run into a friendly member of Sandoval's Guard who would have that intel)

The bigger issue will be the debate over what that means for Castille. does it give them a better chance at victory or does it mean more troops returning to our front?
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Writing Feedback