Episode 2 Question (SPOILERS!!!)

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Episode 2 Question (SPOILERS!!!)

Postby Alejandro » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 am

When I played Episode 2, it felt like we were bumbling around from one possible hiding place to another, always needing El Vago to hold our hands. Was there a way to cut to the chase and more quickly eliminate false leads, or was that necessary to the plot?
Alejandro

Re: Episode 2 Question (SPOILERS!!!)

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Well, yes and no...

El Vago was just as lost as you, so he wasn't sure where they were (thus why he followed from place to place). BUT, he did give you a list of three qualifications (Close, Secluded, and Private). Each of the places that wasn't your ultimate objective failed one of those three qualifications in some way.

So if you'd gone over each of the suggestions and asked yourself if they met all the qualifications Los Cazadores should have come out the clear winner.

But I have to say, as a GM, the Carciniera del Omo is great fun to run (so I'm more than happy if you suggest going there first)...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:32 pm

well, recalling the session you actually only stopped at the Shop and interrupted what was going on there, then hit the real target on try two after discussing the other options. I think you did a pretty good job.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Well, we have revealed in previous posts el Vago is in this adventure. The group at Con on the Cob had an interesting event. El Vago literally carried the party at one point.

I mean that. el Vago picked up and physically carried three of the 6 players at the same time up to the lodge.

Now, why would I let that happen? Aside from being really funny, there were reasons.

Player one had a 9 year old girl as a character. A spoiled 9 year old that insisted it was too far to walk. so el Vago, being a gallant hero picked the child up to carry up the driveway. that was totally in character and deserved a reward in game.

Player two saw an opportunity and asked about being carried because he "hurt his knee" climbing the tree to take out a guard. Normally, I would just say no but he made a sincerity check and rolled a 58. Plus el Vago carrying a little girl and a small thief on his back while sneaking up to a lodge is funny.

El Vago vanishes into the shadows and player three laments that she should have asked to be carried because she has no stealth skills. The whole table laughed, it engaged the group and the idea of El Vago re-appearing from the shadow to swoop a third player up in his free arm is hilarious.

Normally, I would probably say no but it was creative, funny and engaging to the whole group.

Plus Sam followed that by totally botching his stealth check making the whole effort useless.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Writing Feedback