Writing Progress

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Re: Writing Progress

Postby spizio » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:41 am

Would it sound too self centered to say to pick the option that showers the characters with the most wealth and fame?

Seriously I think multiple endings would be too much of an issue. Picture a table where half of the people have seen each ending. Although that might go to sowing discord and mistrust amongst the heroes.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 am

Not just different endings, completely different stories. All are related to the same event so I can only do one of the two. We can talk about it on Sunday.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:57 am

Just so the world know, Mark and I chatted briefly about the options this morning. Then we talked about plans for things that happen in year nine. Yes, I said YEAR NINE. You all best be keeping notes and paying attention to details.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:58 am

I took a closer look, Dave, it turns out that it's in year 10... muhahahahaha!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:01 pm

In my family, that still leaves me 40 years short of retirement. So I should be available.
salamanca

Postby DiscoKittie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Year... 10??

:shock:

Oh my.

:lol:

Lookin' towards it!
end of line
DiscoKittie

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 pm

DiscoKittie wrote:Year... 10??

Technically the campaign will run 12 years (that'll be 12 years of new adventures) so I'm betting I'll have to run it for more to allow everyone to have a chance to get all the adventures done.

Then, of course, we move on to The Rogues of Canguine...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Had a nice two week vacation with no writing whatsoever. So I'm back and raring to go. Had a bit of a talk with my muse and afterwards have mentally wrapped my head around what I want to happen for both 07 and 08. Got the outline for 07 about a third of the way done.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:40 pm

And again, found something I didn't like about the outline of 07 so I chucked it and re-did it. Almost finished once again. This time I like it much better.

As for 08, it's pretty solid and I have yet to find anything about it I really don't like, so I'll start outlining here pretty soon.

The outline for the one-shot Kobolds Ate My Baby adventure is also nearly finished, (though given how KAMB has worked out in previous sessions, I don't know as I really need more than a handful of scenes).

Now there's just some little details and the waiting until GenCon...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 am

Got inspired by a talk with the home group and began outlining episode 17 (yes you read that right). Initially I just needed to get something on paper, but after I did, things started getting into place and before I knew it, voila, first act outlined.

Also got to work on the rough draft of 07 (background written and transferred the outline to the individual scenes) so far so good.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 pm

GenCon is over and I'm back to work so now it's on to re-writing and editing episodes 05 and 06.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Editing ep 6 is all done, now I'm inserting the changes. Should be done tomorrow.

Then I start on ep 5

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Nutmeg_25 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:46 am

I'll be honest. I have been at Mark's table for...shoot fourteen years now? That's kinda scary actually/ :twisted: At any rate, long after the rest of the younger set of gamers have moved to their own groups, I keep coming back BECAUSE Mark's pours his heart and soul into his worlds.

And I will never ever take Orphaned as a Background again.
http://nanowrimo.org/widget/MyMonth/megsong23.png
Nutmeg_25

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Nutmeg_25 wrote:I'll be honest. I have been at Mark's table for...shoot fourteen years now? That's kinda scary actually/ :twisted: At any rate, long after the rest of the younger set of gamers have moved to their own groups, I keep coming back BECAUSE Mark's pours his heart and soul into his worlds.

:oops:
That reminds me, I need to pay you for seeding all the RPG sites with tales of my exploits don't I? ;)

Anyway back on topic 5&6 are in the proofreaders' hands now. My "To do" list now looks like this...

1. I have 11 Backgrounds in various states of 'not-quite-finished-yet' that need to be finished by Year 3.
2. I have half a dozen PA Events also not quite finished (two of which need to be done by Year 3)
3. Need to get the rough drafts of 7&8 done (I have the first Act of 7 done so a good bit of work still).
4. In November I need to change the website over to Year 3 (but everything's finished so really just downloading it all).
5. At some point during my free time I need to make the minor changes necessary to bring the Temple of the Rose and Cross back to life 8-) (yes you read that right, I contacted Dr. Mark Woodward, and got his permission to resurrect the site here!)
6. Need to get the ideas for the earned backgrounds for 7&8 written down so the other GMs and I can start talking about them (and Alejandro, you are in for it this time, one of those two has 9 backgrounds all by it's lonesome)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:11 am

Assuming you're talking about my Alejandro not one of the other ones? >.> Maybe I'll make it my mission to AVOID ALL BACKGROUNDS EVER! mua ha ha ha ha~

Acutally after I move and unpack my 7th sea stuff again I wanna talk to you about hiring my own bard. I did meet a nice Avalonian working a crappy job. The best part I think would be to have you have to sing whenever I do something..... anything.....
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 pm

smafdi wrote:Assuming you're talking about my Alejandro not one of the other ones? >.> Maybe I'll make it my mission to AVOID ALL BACKGROUNDS EVER! mua ha ha ha ha

Oh you'd try, but I've seen your kind before. The kind of players who ask questions, get themselves involved with plots, SPEAK WITH THE NPC'S FOR GOD'S SAKE!!

So sure, you might remain silent for a little while, trying desperately to just follow instructions, but eventually it'll happen, you'll just blurt out a question while your mind's preoccupied elsewhere, and BAM! BACKGROUND SEED!

:lol:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:56 pm

"Vendetta 3 -- Kill the mime" :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Lady Grace wrote:"Vendetta 3 -- Kill the mime" :twisted:

This is Castille, if you want Mimes, go across the river 8-)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:01 pm

That Avalonian is based on a friend of mine. I could possibly coerce him to come down and play the character and follow you around and sing your exploits.

But then YOU would be responsible for feeding and housing him during the convention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpOP-_LaYc8

And the good captain gets mighty thirsty on the best of days...
salamanca

Postby spizio » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Or we could just wait and see if the war goes poorly. With mimes on the front lines Castillian resolve is sure to fade fast.
spizio

Postby smafdi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Housing is easy, he can just crash at my place >.> feeding is the problem. I can barely feed myself during convention week let alone another person!
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Cruising on through the unfinished backgrounds. I've finished 3. Another three don't have backgrounds for me yet (one is a player I didn't see at all this year, another gave me a background story (without unfinished parts) as the basis for a possible background later, and the third is a player who's coming to Con on the Cob and her husband has done HIS background but she hasn't written her's yet...not that I'm mentioning any names *cough* LG *cough*). That leaves me with 6 (yes I know the math doesn't add up but I didn't count a couple of the ones that weren't finished initially).

Currently working on Ken's background (and all I can say about that is :twisted: )

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey, Sal says he's not touching PAs for CoC...I still have a year to get mine in! :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Hey, Sal says he's not touching PAs for CoC...I still have a year to get mine in! :twisted:

Less than that, I'll be writing it and I want at least a month to mull it over.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Fair point. I have at least started on it and hopefully will have it in in a week or two.

Lady Grace

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Feedback