Writing Progress

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Re: Writing Progress

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Fair point. I have at least started on it and hopefully will have it in in a week or two.

Now fun part, you want me to intertwine it with crimsonjoes?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
Lady Grace wrote:Fair point. I have at least started on it and hopefully will have it in in a week or two.

Having discussed it with the lad, we have decided on the "no" front on that.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Lady Grace wrote:
Black Jack Rackham wrote:

Having discussed it with the lad, we have decided on the "no" front on that.

So "No" it is. Well since there's no cooperation, we'll have to do competition. Just remember, only one of you can 'win!'

I'm kidding :lol:

Or am I?! :twisted:
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:So "No" it is. Well since there's no cooperation, we'll have to do competition. Just remember, only one of you can 'win!'

I'm kidding :lol:

Or am I?! :twisted:

Let me amend this (since I'm still working on things and you still need to look over the finished product first): we have no objections if it fits the plot. However, don't go out of your way to tie us together just because we're married. ;)
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby spizio » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Should he tie you to un married people? If so together or apart?
spizio

Postby salamanca » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:13 pm

You realize Mark is threading stuff together like a master fate witch anyhow, right?. And I tend to just add woven layers of material onto those plot threads so encouragement may be hazardous here.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 am

salamanca wrote:You realize Mark is threading stuff together like a master fate witch anyhow, right?. And I tend to just add woven layers of material onto those plot threads so encouragement may be hazardous here.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:04 am

Speaking of, I just have 4 Backgrounds left to write. May spend some time on 7&8 today before gaming...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:28 am

Got back to writing ep 7, now finished through Act 2 Scene 1 (so just 5 more scenes to go). Just a few more backgrounds to go and those'll be all finished too.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:32 am

Act 2, Scene II finished. This one is way overwritten. I still have nearly half the adventure left to write (well 4 scenes out of 9), and I'm already at 8k words. Phew.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Act 2 done, starting in on Act 3. As long as the power holds out I should be ok ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Half way through Act III Scene 1, and took a break cause I got inspired, wrote the whole background and adventure synopsis for Ep 8

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Yeah, but you forgot to press "save". Go back and start over.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:09 pm

And, just got finished with a proposal for Witch Hunter... gonna sit on it for a day before I send it in.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Hated the way I'd originally done Act 3, Scene I (it was simply too much of a rehash of an earlier scene) so I tossed it and re-wrote the whole thing. Like this much better. Now the scene progression isn't just a series of fights.

And as a bonus, the new scene is better at directing heroes toward the end in a less rail-roady fashion.

But it does occur to me that this'll almost definitely be the playtest since I'm much more comfortable with how 8 progresses.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:15 am

I think to give my brain a rest, I'm gonna do the re-writes my playtesters suggested and get Episodes 5&6 all set for TotalConfusion. (which reminds me, I should probably also start thinking about getting my paperwork in order too)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Ok, THIS TIME, I'm going to listen to my own advice. NO MORE WRITING FOR NEXT YEAR'S ADVENTURES UNTIL AFTER FEBRUARY!

Time to get the edits done.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Still not writing (for HoA) but got myself involved with a new kickstarter. It's not viewable yet (hasn't opened up to seeking cash) but should be a fun time. I'm currently writing an outline of my questions and thoughts about it.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:24 am

Ok I guess I'm still listening to my own advice about not writing FULL adventures. But Laura stopped by to drop off some artwork, we got to talking, and next thing I know, I have a new PA adventure written.

On other fronts, it seems the adventure I'm writing for Witch Hunter will be the premere adventure to kick off their new 2nd Ed. Witch Hunter series, Revelations.

That Kickstarter project I'm involved with is finally viewable. It's going to be called A Gallery of Rogues and you can check it out here
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/218255739/a-gallery-of-rogues

As for progress, after a good bit of conversation, I'm well on my way with 17 NPC concepts already in the can.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 am

Progress on the writing front. Between Laura and I we came up with an excellent PA adventure (I personally think it's gonna be for Gencon this year but who knows). And I got all the re-writes done for both of this year's adventures (yay!) They're with the playtesters now and if they don't have any changes, they'll both be ready to go for Feb!

Been sick all week but managed to get started back on that Witch Hunter adventure I'm doing for Paradigm. It's about half finished and as a bonus, they've asked me if there are any other adventures I'd like to submit (well, duh!) I'd already come up with two, possibly three sequels for this one.

Kickstarter is about 1/3 funded but still have almost a month to go. Like I mentioned previously, I have 17 character ideas so that's back burner.

However, that doesn't mean its all easy. I still have to polish up my Toon! adventure for TC, stat up the characters for the YTCC game I'm supposed to run, and do more than have just a basic outline for the redneck Dread game I'm planning on running at KFG. Oh yea and there's GC Event Submission this friday, GC Badge Pre-reg in 3 weeks, and Hotel Pre-reg two days later. Phew

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:12 am

Laura and I came up with the events for the second PA (Dave's responsible for the third) so that means Year 3 is written! Now onto everything else I need to do (which includes rough drafts of 7&8 in time for Origins Playtest which I forgot to mention last time)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am

So, Mark, you don't need any input from me to occupy Sonya during the Total Con PA? I've always assumed that you could just ad-lib a dozen or so things to try to confuse or railroad her into doing something.

However, if you should happen to hear from any of those Vesten about the lack of MEAD in Altamira, Sonya should be available for Inventions or just constructing/fabricating apparatus for them to brew some on their own!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:So, Mark, you don't need any input from me to occupy Sonya during the Total Con PA? I've always assumed that you could just ad-lib a dozen or so things to try to confuse or railroad her into doing something.

However, if you should happen to hear from any of those Vesten about the lack of MEAD in Altamira, Sonya should be available for Inventions or just constructing/fabricating apparatus for them to brew some on their own!

Well the two Vesten behind this idea should be sitting down with you Saturday Night, so if you all want to hatch a plan, I'm all for it.

But as for having enough for you to do, I'm simply worried there aren't enough years for you to get it all finished.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:But as for having enough for you to do, I'm simply worried there aren't enough years for you to get it all finished.

Gee Mark, If you keep Sonya busy for the next 25 or so PAs, you can always still let her try to complete her Invention on that last PA in 2030.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:
Black Jack Rackham wrote:But as for having enough for you to do, I'm simply worried there aren't enough years for you to get it all finished.

Gee Mark, If you keep Sonya busy for the next 25 or so PAs, you can always still let her try to complete her Invention on that last PA in 2030.

Alright, it's a deal. If you can't get it done by then, It'll be first on my list that year :D

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Feedback