Writing Progress

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Re: Writing Progress

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:00 am

Spoke with Laura last night about Ep. 12. I think I have a working outline now. Significantly pared down from my previous adventures, this one will have just 6 scenes. We'll see how that goes...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Ok, finally done with the outline of Ep. 12. So far so good. Now just need to get it written before Origins.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Day 1 of Camp NaNo, and I'm doing swimmingly (that is save for the usual bouts of soul crushing doubt about my story telling skills)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:17 am

Mark, what story are you working on this time?
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Re-outlined Bedtime Stories. Like this version much better. We'll see how it goes...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Camp NaNoWriMo Day 6: Hit my first 10k goal!

Now to make another 10k goal!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:02 pm

2/3 of the way through my next goal, should be done by tomorrow or the next day, then GOAL 3!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:16 am

Took a week break so just 4 more days to hit my 5th goal, then back to HoA!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 22, 2015 2:53 pm

Speaking of all things writing. I just finished up the Elric of Melnibone scenario I am going to be running tomorrow then I need to get a hurry on a Star Wars: Edge of the Empire adventure for next Sunday (and I haven't yet even read the rules so no writing as of yet) THEN get HoA Ep 12 finished so I can playtest it at Origins.

Phew...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 27, 2015 3:16 pm

I rocked today. Writing an entire Act in an afternoon. So, as of now, next year's adventures are ready to go! (well ready for a playtest then a re-write, THEN ready to go!)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Dear God it's been forever since I last updated this (nearly a year). Episode 13 is almost finished 5 of the 6 scenes are written and I have a good outline for the last. I'm hoping to finish 14 before TotalCon (next month).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:21 am

Got myself a list to get done as far as the writing goes.

Finish the last chapter of Ep 13
Begin Ep 14
TotalCon PA (have an idea just need to get it all down on paper)
Edit/Finish up Ep 11 (needs monster stats, rewards, and secret society stuff)
Edit/Finish up Ep 12 (probably needs the same plus any changes after the playtest this weekend)
Come up with ideas for OGC PA and GenCon PA

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Ep 13 is finished (with the exception of stats, gonna leave that to sit and stew in my head for a while)
Ep. 11 is edited and everything left undone is now finished.
Working on 12 right now.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:13 am

One page left in editing Ep 11. Then it's on to the PAs!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:48 am

TotalCon PA finished, now doing an adventure for the kiddos Kobolds Ate My Baby

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 am

KAMB Adventure is almost finished (or at least good enough that they'll never get through it all in the time allotted.

Spirit of '77 adventure for KFG is going well. have the cast in mind.

Two detectives based in equal parts on Starsky and Hutch and the two female racers (including Adrienne Barbeau) from Cannonball Run

Truck driver and his faithful hound dog (BJ and the Bear meets Smokey and the Bandit)

and finally an ambulance crew of three (Mother, Jugs, and Speed)

The adventure is called, Haulin' Ass Through the Devil's Pass

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:32 am

No Evel Knieval? You NEED a motorcycle Stuntman.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:53 am

Found a big boo-boo in 13 that necessitated a pretty significant re-write. Done now, so on to Ep. 14!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:22 pm

For the record, Mark called me yesterday about 14. It's nothing like the adventure he thought it was going to be.

Horrible, horrible things will be happening. Altamira will never seem the same again.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:17 pm

You mean itll never be a bright and sunny day in the city of altamira, Ever?
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Bright... Sure. Sunny.....maybe.

Both.....
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:19 am

Outline for 14 is almost finished. Just one connection I need to make and then I can get to writing.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:28 pm

2/3 of the way done with 14. Now filling in details :twisted:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 19, 2016 4:01 pm

14 took way longer than I thought it would. But it is now done! Now onto playtests!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:09 am

Got the urge to do some 2nd Ed One-shots (for possible use at conventions). So far I've written three of the seven ideas I came up with.Gonna be running one of them at the monthly game I play up in NH (but that will be a while). Only problem I see is the group up there often goes to 8 players and frankly 2nd Ed isn't made for a group that big.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Feedback