7th Sea Character Creator

The place for everything else.

7th Sea Character Creator

Postby DrKwang » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I started working on a Java-based character creator program a few years ago. It got shelved at some point when I got busy with other things. A couple months ago I pulled it off the shelf, blew off the dust, and pounded it to a fairly decent state.

You can use this to create new characters, save them, and export them to an XML file. My next steps are to find or make some kind of HTML-based character sheet I can use as the basis for exporting the characters into a printable state. Anyone who has, or can make, something like that, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Character advancement is not yet available, but is an eventual goal.

If such a thing interests you, please take a look and tell me what you think. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qajrsnfzpxoy2t2/7SCC.zip

The program is not HOA-specific, and should include everything from these books:
7th Sea Players' Guide

Pirate Nations
Avalon
Montaigne
Eisen
Castille
Vodacce
Ussura
Vendel & Vesten

The Knights of the Rose and Cross
Rilasciare
Die Kreutzritter
The Invisible College
Los Vagos
Sophia's Daughters

Waves of Blood
Montaigne Revolution
Church of the Prophets
Swordsman's Guild
DrKwang

Re: 7th Sea Character Creator

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:23 am

I downloaded it Eric, but can't look at it on iPad :(. Probably get a chance at GC. Thanks for making this, though!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: 7th Sea Character Creator

Postby DrKwang » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:58 pm

I've updated the link above. The ZIP file now includes most of the HoA templates as saved characters. They're not all there because a few use items from books I don't have as PDFs (Freiburg, the Explorer's Society stuff from the adventures, etc), so I can't properly build them yet. That will have to wait until I can get the physical books out of my game closet.

I also fixed a number of bugs along the way, so if you've downloaded the program before I posted this, you definitely want to download again.
DrKwang

Return to Mundane Matters