Marvel Cinematic Universe Casting Rumors

The place for everything else.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Casting Rumors

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Don't know if you all watch or are interested in this kind of thing, but the latest rumors involve the casting of Doctor Strange. You can read about it HERE. And just to add to it, let me show you the pic that accompanies it.

smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Casting Rumors

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Bleaugh. Me no want Cummerbund.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Sorry, but Benedict is in the conversation for every character in every movie right now. He is only being seriously considered for roles involving males tied to a work of fiction. If i'm casting a brit, my first choice is Pierce Brosnan.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Sorry Dave, but they're officially saying it's official now https://tv.yahoo.com/news/benedict-cumberbatch-officially-doctor-strange-231000112.html
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Noooooooooo! He's a less charismatic Kermit the Frog! :cry:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Actually, Kermit can pronounce "penguin".
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:42 pm

So now news that Marvel tried to get Sony to lend them Spider Man for the Civil War storyline. http://io9.com/marvel-wanted-spider-man-for-captain-america-3-but-son-1669518269

Personally though, having read the Civil War storyline and all the craptacular hoops they went through trying to get it to work right, I'm just as glad to NOT have Peter here. While it was central to the story, his presence made it worse not better. (Personally, I just want to see Cap kick the ever-living crap outa Stark)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Pete being the guy caught in the middle needs to happen and I don't see any current movieverse character fitting that. Hawkeye and Widow are already more or less registered. Banner will oppose it. Thor will find the whole thing beneath him but back Cap. So it really skews the sides when you factor in SHIELD being out of the game.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Meanwhile in the fiasco of DC films. They announce a 2020 reboot of green lantern AND a suicide squad movie with Jared Leto as Joker and Will Smith as Deadshot (going to call a 4th of July release as my guess). Now, i'm good with that but as all american war hero Captain Rick Flag we get...a Brit. (I know Tom Hardy is awesome but really?. No American actor fit the role?)
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters