Shall we Geekspaz out about the new Star Wars Trailer?

The place for everything else.

Shall we Geekspaz out about the new Star Wars Trailer?

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:09 am

Ok so if you haven't already done so, HERE. So that said, the rest of this should read SPOILER ALERT!!!

Stuff I liked.
1) was great to see the desert planet, made me real nostalgic
2) speaking of, the music still does it for me
3) great to see updates to the lower level tec (stuff not CGI'd to heck, like the stormtrooper uniforms and guns).
4) way Way WAY liked the Millennium Falcon segment.

Stuff I didn't.
1) I'm not really seeing any characters just stuff (droids, podracer/sandspeeder, X-wing fighters)
2) LIGHTSABER CROSSGUARDS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Shall we Geekspaz out about the new Star Wars Trailer?

Postby kenderleech » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:38 am

Lightsaber crossguards that look like they can easily be severed by another lightsaber, even!
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:18 am

Saw this on FB this morning
Attachments
1464609_10152410218497413_6275944205562082554_n.jpg
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:23 am

Which on a semi unrelated note reminded me of this

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Ok, watched it and tried to be open minded. Totally blanked out episodes 1-3. Annnd nope. Still don't care about any of it. They lost me when they added the ewoks. I do think the music is still awesome, may need to play it over the Leaf on the Wind sequence from Serenity. My only hassle with the crossguards is that I know I would turn it the wrong way and poke myself.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:23 pm

So this radio station had the lady DJ who is NOT a sci fi fan describe the trailer on the air while viewing it. The whole thing was hilarious. Totally bored voice as she goes through it... "nothing, nothing, guy in white plastic suit, robot made of dyson vacuum, more guys in white suits, more guys in white, guy flying a jet, jets over water, laser sword thing, spaceship flying, now it's landing...nope it's fighting another ship, credits". Apparently she has managed to completely survive unexposed to star wars (miracle in itself) and does not care a bit. The lead DJ commented her review made him appreciate his wife who at least PRETENDED to care when he watched it 15 times in a row the day before.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Jeremy just figured out how the movie will end.

Anikin will be shown sitting at home staring into a snow globe while JarJar comes home from his construction job. And old obi wan sits in the rocker commenting on how he spends all day watching the flakes fall.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters