Rarely seen Arcana

The place for everything else.

Rarely seen Arcana

Postby crimsonjoe » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Still on a 7th Sea high from Origins, and started thinking about other character concepts I wanted to try. I've noticed that I tend to pick the same hubrises for my characters (Reckless, Proud, Hedonist, Lecherous, Curious), and figured the next time I'd go with something different. Not only something I haven't played, but something I've never seen anyone play.

My first two thoughts: Cowardice (a Hero who's afraid to fight?) and Trusting (Of Course I'll believe you!). Both should be a blast to play in the right group.

So now I'm wondering- what Arcana do you never see played? Is there any hubris that you wouldn't try? Or any Virtues that you never see anyone try?
crimsonjoe

Re: Rarely seen Arcana

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:08 pm

I don't think I've ever seen anyone do Arrogant, Ambitious or Envious. Mind you, I've seen characters act like they have those traits, but I don't know if they've ever been an actual purchased Hubris...

For myself right now, I avoid Star-Crossed & Lecherous. I think I have only done Virtues with two characters (Worldly & Comforting), but those were in games where the GM houseruled you could have both a Virtue & a Hubris at the same time.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Envious, Misfortunate, Indecisive, and Trusting hardly ever see play.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Inattentive should also be in there. And, I would like to point out, the other equally rarely seen, Virtue

The only person I know that has written a PC with a virtue is me and my priest character (with the Inspirational Virtue).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:28 pm

We briefly had an Eisen priest character who had Inspirational in my game back in MA. His weapon was an iron-bound Book of the Prophets. :twisted:

In the game I'm GMing, we've got a player with the Passionate virtue. Mind you, she's yet to activate it 'cause I'm not sure if she sees the other party members as friends yet...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Nutmeg_25 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Old thread is old, however, I have a virtue of Uncanny.
http://nanowrimo.org/widget/MyMonth/megsong23.png
Nutmeg_25

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:22 pm

I have elected the Virtue of Comforting several times, thinking that it would be a big boost in fighting fearsome natural and fantastic creatures. So, of course, no such situation ever occurred. :x
Sister Sonya

Return to Mundane Matters