7th Sea...is BACK~!!!!

The place for everything else.

Re: 7th Sea...is BACK~!!!!

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:43 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jo ... ONcpK18MCg

As of April 2, Chaosium, publishers of the award-winning tabletop roleplaying games Call of Cthulhu, RuneQuest, and King Arthur Pendragon, has acquired the rights to 7th Sea. I'm joining Chaosium as line editor and will continue to have creative oversight of the game, and will remain a principal author of 7th Sea material going forward. Beyond that, I'll also be writing for other Chaosium game lines.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:53 pm

Oh dear God, a BRP conversion is suddenly lurking.

Down Side, lack of knowing his own limits as a new, small company forced him to hand it off.

On the up side, he handed it to one of the few companies that have an amazing track record and longevity.

This should bode well.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:07 pm

Forgot to update this. Secret Societies is out (and I see a LOT of familiar faces/names). Interestingly, Sophia's Daughters is missing... What do we make of that? (my personal opinion is John and company knew they couldn't compare to our humble offering, ;) )
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:03 pm

So i read secret societies today. The part i didnt need to code break anyhow.

I like hiding all the mechanics is a series of ranty paragraphs about conspiracies. Totally useless for a GM that needs the info quickly but at leas tit was a fun read.

GMs will need a cheat sheet for that stuff filed under society names.

Sophia's Daughters is not missing...just downgraded to a faction for another group.

And most of these write ups are great if you plan to run a campaign based on joining but seem to be short on what to do once you are in.

I would have tossed in a cool gear section for DK and Invisible College...both seem apt to need that.

The R&C read is so dull, that I (yeah, me...the R&C guy) really never want to bother with them again.

DK is suddenly teying to play both sides of the sorcery debate. (Destroy it all unless it is of use to is)

The best parts of the Brotherhood got spun off in Pirate Nations.

Los Vagos got some exciting new concepts, stole the flower codes and might be the best part of thos book.

But the only important info is the very last sentence.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:10 pm

So...the DK have become the Texas Rangers in Deadlands: Shoot it or Recruit it!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby kenderleech » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Since i dont plan on running 2nd ed again, i skipped over most of that, and just went looking for characters that belong to people i know. I had some fun with that, will order the book to put it on the shelf (since its paid for already).
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm

No, the DK won't recruit it. But if it happens to point the evil magic at something that is also not good, they won't lose any sleep over suffering a sorcerer to live.
salamanca

Previous

Return to Mundane Matters