7th Sea...is BACK~!!!!

The place for everything else.

Re: 7th Sea...is BACK~!!!!

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:55 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Hmm, did you turn off the Project Update emails from Kickstarter? That's where I'm getting all my info.

The Kickstarter link disappeared due to a Yahoo snafu. I lost thousands of old emails.

I did ask for, and received, a new link, then downloaded PN earlier this week. I'm not going to bother looking at it, Nations vol.1, and maybe any of the others either. :(
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:35 am

Explorer's Society (the DriveThruRPG thing where you can put your own content in) is now live. Price breakdown if you're curious is, DTRPG takes their cut then you share profit with JWP 50/50.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Final PDF of Nations of Theah Vol 1 is due out today. Pre-release of Nations of Theah Vol 2 just released yesterday! Quick, to your backerkits!!!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MacShidhe » Tue May 02, 2017 11:49 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Final PDF of Nations of Theah Vol 1 is due out today. Pre-release of Nations of Theah Vol 2 just released yesterday! Quick, to your backerkits!!!

Haven't finished reading it yet but I was disappointed in the Vodacce section. They only do a profile of one Prince and it's not Villanova. :?
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Tue May 02, 2017 7:03 pm

villanova is over rated. easy villain for lazy gms to write adventures for. (checks the rapier's edge larp...) yep easy bad guy for lazy gms.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Caligari is my boy, not gonna lie...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby MacShidhe » Tue May 02, 2017 11:04 pm

salamanca wrote:villanova is over rated. easy villain for lazy gms to write adventures for. (checks the rapier's edge larp...) yep easy bad guy for lazy gms.

Not going to disagree but I was hoping to know what happened to his plots after "Daughter of Fate".
MacShidhe

Postby Jungen » Wed May 31, 2017 3:49 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Caligari is my boy, not gonna lie...

Just did the Théan equivalent of a shadowrun against that guy...
-Jungen "Jack" von Richtoffen
Jungen

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:11 am

Need to take a look at the maps in progress thus far?

Oh if you want to see the bigger image, you can find it HERE

Just for clarification, left side is the New World, middle is the Theah we all know and love, bottom is Ifri, right side is Crescent Empire.
Attachments
Untitled.png

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 am

Oh and another cover reveal!
Attachments
Crescent Empire.jpg

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Apparently that was not the cover to Crescent Empire. How do I know? Because the PDF just released. Go Get Read!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:21 am

For those of you not keeping up with this, it's going WAY slower than last time. And for my 2cents there are some serious WTF moments in this kickstarter. For example the Mikado pledge (that I got) gives you the limited ed base book and pdf's of all the rest. The next step up gives you all that plus the following.

a custom letter from an important Khitai NPC to a group of Heroes, sending them on an epic 7th Sea adventure!

Difference in price? $250 So yes, you are paying $250 bucks to get a letter.
As for the big pledges, only 5 folks have bought the upper tier stuff (play in a game, or have your hero be in the book). And NO ONE has bought the top tier even though its $1000 less than the 2nd ed version.

Seems to me folks don't really want to play in a game John runs...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:46 pm

He isnt even getting anything from me this time. I feel like i got my money from the last one, and I really have no interest in a game that isnt directly compatible to the one i already own.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Been a while since we updated this. I'm guessing most of you heard about the April Fools' An'Tarka sourcebook

(If you didn't, here's the blurb about it.
Journey to An'Tarka, the frozen continent at the "bottom of Terra". (If all goes well with the printer, we'll have this for Gen Con.)

Highlights include:

* Penguins with a slightly different name. (They have tusks!)
* Watermancy, a combination sorcery/dueling style practiced by the Southern Water Tribe.
* Animated snowmen created by the feared and misunderstood Ice Queen.
* We moved Santa down here for some reason.

and the pic
Attachments
29983245_10213534269564330_509648741715036719_o.jpg

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:09 pm

BUT, did you also hear about 7th Sea: 1868? He released a blurb about it ALSO on April 1st. And the next day when folks were asking him if it was real he released a video of him saying, "YES!" so apparently 7th Sea is going steampunk...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Worst case, and t is that god awful most recent bastardization of three musketeers. Best case...it is Deadlands/7th sea with Zeppelins.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Don Miguel is now OFFICIAL!
For those of you getting updates from JWP, they just sent out the Knights of the Rose and Cross chapter of Secret Societies (p110 or the 17th page of the handout).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Don Miguel is as overrated as Villanova.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:13 pm

*petitions Wick to have Don Miguel tied up nekkid & drunk to a chair for an adventure*
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Lady Grace wrote:*petitions Wick to have Don Miguel tied up nekkid & drunk to a chair for an adventure*

You HAVE seen Suicide Kings haven't you LG?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:06 am

Not yet! *reads he TV Tropes page on it*

Lady Grace

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:08 pm

I know what one reads on the Internet isn't always to be trusted. But, for its worth:

Posted by John Wick (Creator)
Backer3x For backers only

After reviewing the company finances in August, I discovered JWP was not making enough to sustain its current work force. And so, in the ugliest and hardest day of my life, I had to lay off all the JWP employees.

What this means is the 7th Sea lines are going to slow down. I cannot maintain the release schedule we promised before GenCon. That doesn’t mean books aren’t going to happen, it just means they’re going to be slower than expected.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 am

Game Designers are not normally business guys.

No shock, no surprise here. Money spends real fast when you have payroll and publishing and most of your product has already been paid for d for via Kickstarter.

Very little extra revenue is being generated by all those stretch goal books because the target audience paid for them two years ago.

I expect they will get done. I expect they will have the same art quality. And I expect they will be almost entirely John in terms of writing to save some money. (Outside of what was already written by others).

Khitai was just too much more too soon. And the board game was always a pipedream.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Actually I was quite surprised he took on so many folks there anyway. Most RPG manufacturers have, at most 3-4 people. He was running with 12 for a while. But if you remember a lot were getting out already. Mark Diaz Truman went off to do his own narcotrafficante RPG, Cartel. And Elizabeth Chaipraditkul is hard at work on her Witches - Fated Souls RPG. So, I think everyone saw the writing on the wall.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters