Freaky Snowstorm

The place for everything else.

Freaky Snowstorm

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Yesterday it was 57 degrees out, today we have a blizzard. I'm sitting here waiting for the power to come back on, as the whole block seems to be out ( the lights are not working out in the intersection that I can see out my window.) The firedepartment, police and ambulance have been running around all morning, as it seems every 10 minutes or so I have seen them drive by my house, going one way or another.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Freaky Snowstorm

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:37 pm

We have several downed power lines but thus far we still have power (crossing my fingers). They've asked us not to go anywhere however, to avoid driving over anything still live.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Well, the power came back on around 6pm, and then it went back off again at 6:30pm. So still sitting here in the candlelight, waiting for it to be fixed again.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:42 am

Well, they must have finally fixed it about 7 hours ago, according to my alarm clock, which was blinking at me when I got up this morning. Nice and sunny looking out now, though cold. Have to go clean off the car before I go to work. Getting ready for Valentines day. Working today, then have the next two days off, then working straight through til next Monday the 15th, then I'm off for my vacation to work at Total Confusion.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Jungen » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:08 pm

The snowstorm on 1/23 in the DC area caused my flight on 1/25 to be cancelled. This was a flight to a cruise ship to the Midnight Archipelago for 11 nights...

Fastest impromptu road trip EVAR!
-Jungen "Jack" von Richtoffen
Jungen

Postby daundelyon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:34 pm

I made it back inside after my lunch time walk just in time to miss the new onslaught. This week has been weird.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Jungen » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:50 pm

Fortunately, this is my weekend. I have to go in tomorrow, though.
-Jungen "Jack" von Richtoffen
Jungen

Return to Mundane Matters