I have a problem....

The place for everything else.

I have a problem....

Postby cpugs » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:29 pm

I like dice, lots and lots of dice. Now I have found these:

http://www.artisandice.com/

Some very serious nice but expensive dice......
cpugs

Re: I have a problem....

Postby kenderleech » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Those are some Very nice dice. I dont think I can get any this year. theres some kickstarter thats going to eat most of my money..
kenderleech

Postby Lord_Nabu » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:54 am

I've really loved the mammoth tusk D20 for some time ...
My personal 2nd ed. 7th Sea can be found here: http://theah.sanctum.dk/#home be forewarned might be too simulationist for the weak of heart.
Lord_Nabu

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 pm

I inquired about a set of mammoth tusk d10s (10 of course) I'm afraid to send the price to my wife for fear of what she'll do to me.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Yeah, I remember their kickstarter. Kind of want but can't settle on a material. Wonder if we could rustle up SE near extinct American chestnut out of them
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Steven desJardins » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:25 am

I've gotten a bunch of dice from them, and I'm very happy with the quality. They really are gorgeous.

I would recommend avoiding the darker woods, or woods with dark stripes: the laser-engraved numbers can be hard to read. (Those woods can be spectacular d6's, if you request carved pips. I love my bog wood d6's.) Among the Druid's Dice (which are the cheapest woods), I'd recommend loganberry, which has a nice gloss and color. Avodire or one of the other mahoganies would also be a good choice, but I think the loganberry is a more interesting wood. Padauk looks nice as well, and is very readable. I don't have any canary wood dice, but I suspect those would also be lovely.

The ent dice (burls) are also great, but more expensive. (I like all the burls I've gotten.) Among the archdruids, I can personally recommend the American Holly (if you like something simple—plain white, but super nice) and the blue mahoe.

One caveat: expect a long wait after ordering your dice. At least a couple of months, maybe six months or more. I ordered a set of maple burl Fate dice in September and I'm still waiting. They're not the most organized folks, and it can be pretty random when they get around to finishing your dice.
Steven desJardins

Return to Mundane Matters