7th Sea Fate Accelerated hack; feedback wanted

The place for everything else.

7th Sea Fate Accelerated hack; feedback wanted

Postby joecrak » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:57 am

Hey everybody, over this past Origins weekend I thought more on how to hack 7th Sea and swashbuckling into a Fate Accelerated game I really enjoy. (The ones out there I have problems with.)

One, because of love, and 2, because I'm running a one shot in two weeks at DexCon in Morristown, NJ.

So I thought I'd post the pregens, and see if, based on their aspects, the characters speak out to people, or if they completely alienate you, or if they just don't feel appropriate for the genre/setting.

First off I changed the FAE approaches, and cut them down to 3 in total.

Daring: roll daring when you are swinging from a chandelier, leaping into a mob of highwayman, sneaking through a guarded palace.

Charming: belittling a rival, wooing a paramour, convincing others to do what you ask

Cunning: lining up a cannon shot, figuring out puzzles, reading someone's body language.

Danny Hawkins: high concept: Silver-tongued Bard; trouble: More luck than Skill (inspiration: Danny Kaye from The Court Jester)

Sylvia Janssen: high concept: Famous Noble pistolier, trouble: On the run for Forgery; Student of the Rasmussen Academy

Dominique Minon: High Concept: Former Kings Musketeer, trouble: Wanted for desertion, Trained in the Valroux school. (Inspiration Fanfan la Tulipe)

Esteban Santiago: High Concept: Adventuring Archeologist, trouble: Curiosity killed the cat; Member of the Explorer's Society (Inspiration Indiana Jones)

Katrina Muldova: High Concept: Pirate with a heart of gold; trouble: Bride on the run (inspiration: Queen of the Pirates, Tiger of the Seven Seas, Against all Sails)

Thoughts thus far? I can post stunts later.
joecrak

Re: 7th Sea Fate Accelerated hack; feedback wanted

Postby joecrak » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Some of the stunts

Danny Hawkins: I meant to do that!: “Because I’m a lucky klutz, I get +2 to create an advantage, using cunning, whenever I accidentally create a series of fortunate events.

Sylvia Janssen: Rasmussen Dueling School: Because you are a student of Rasmussen, you gain +2 to Attack, using Cunning, when you bounce your shot in a series of ricochets.

Dominique Minon: Valroux Duelist: Because I'm a Valroux Duelist, I get +2 to Create an advantage, using Daring, when I distract with my dazzling swordsmanship, in a one on one duel.

Still haven't written the other two stunts yet.
joecrak

Re: 7th Sea Fate Accelerated hack; feedback wanted

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:29 pm

I don't have anything to do with fate because I have never liked universal systems. But as far as concepts go, they look like intriguing characters to play. Nothing on the list I would be adverse to using.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters